Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving in heels

Driving in heels

Has any one had priblems driving in heels

Jonien

it does depend on the size of the heel i have some plattforms that i will not put on untill i get to wear im going xxx

Anything above 3 inches and I take them off and drive barefoot or with stockings. Depending what I'm wearing.
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu

I have not.. thank god .... and i also have too clutch...4 inch heels too :whistling

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    First time I tried I quickly was driving in stockings. All the fun new experiences.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Aspiring Member
    No problem in 1 1/2 inch heels. I've got a pair of bots with 3inch heels but I've not tried driving in them - I don't think I would, I'd wear a pair of flats in the car.

Anne

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar

Not a problem in an SUV

I sit up high and over the pedals. But I can see a problem in my car where my legs are almost horizontal to them. Haven't tried that yet.
    Emily Ann

girlie guy
    Now I'm going to have to try that just to see!
    You see a lot of "pedal pumping" pictures, but they're usually parked, with the door open so you can see.
    I'll let you know how it goes!

I've driven in 1" heels, but never higher. Will be doing 1.5" heels tomorrow night (with any luck!). I have a manual xmission, but the clutch was never a problem. The gas pedal tends to be worse for me. In the worst case, one can keep a pair of flats/loafers in the car for driving.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

driving

I have driven with heels several times 3" and have never had a problem. Just seem to be natural for me. But be sure to be careful.

I've made several 1100 mile trips driving my pickup truck in 2-1/2" heels without problems. The gas pedal is more upright so I don't have to extend my foot as much as I would if driving a car.

Lauren

Having seen GG's driving... Most of them take the heels off, My best GG friend has a pair of Nike in the footwell for driving in. Maybe it's just her, but she says it's for better controll which is a good thing as she drivs a BMW 635, which she has no intention of bending. I dont want to bend my (cheaper) car either, so I take the hint and wouldnt drive in heels.

XX

Jayme

Aspiring Member
    No problem driving in them but I take them off all the same due to scuffing the backs and ruining them.
    I keep a pair of old slippers in the car

love mand xxx

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    Haven't tried it nor do I ever plan to. If I was dressed up I'd just take off the heels and wear some Puma Speedcats driving shoes , and it wouldn't be totally drab because for some reason GGs started to casually wearing the same exact Pumas cuz they're not fashionable? The pair I have is black, but maybe I'll get a pink pair.

Thanks Ladys
    Only been out once did't have problem in 3" heals but that was only a short run but I could see full throtle on a long drive could be

Thanks again Jonien

Driving in heels

I routinely drive for short runs in 1" to 2" heels - the big problem as most women will tell you is scuffing the backs and with 3" or higher heels comfort on long trips. For long runs try a pair of driving Mocs. Lands End has some really nice ones as does LLBean. You can also put a piece of carpet in the foot well to prevent or minimize the scuffing problem.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Stlalice
    I routinely drive for short runs in 1" to 2" heels - the big problem as most women will tell you is scuffing the backs and with 3" or higher heels comfort on long trips. For long runs try a pair of driving Mocs. Lands End has some really nice ones as does LLBean. You can also put a piece of carpet in the foot well to prevent or minimize the scuffing problem.

Thanks the carpet sounds like a good idea

Thanks again Jonien

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I have driven around town in 3" heels. I wouldn't drive any longer distance though.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

i enjoy driving in heels 3 to 5 in. got a clutch to work took a little time to get the hang of it but i enjoy it.

lonly sheiligh

driving in heels?

i dont have any problems driving in heels if they arnet to high, but i have a story to tell about my gg neighbor driving in heels though! she went to go to work on a mon morning and thier big motor home was parked in the drive way in front of the garage, they had came home from a week end camping trip the night be fore, instead of waking her husband, she decided to move it so she could get the car out and go to work, she works in office so she dresses professinal wearing high heels of course, she got in it and attempted to move the big rig and when she stepped on the gas some how her high heel shoe got caught in the pedal arm or somthing, the vehicle shot down the drive way in reverse across the street over the side walk and across the neighbors yard and slamed in to thier house, luckily no one got hurt, but it did about 22000.00 damage to the house and totaled the motorhome. she hasent drove in high heels since.
    smile, be sweet, enjoy life, and be who you are today, yesterday is gone, and tomarrow may never come!!!!!

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Stillettos. No problems, but I didn't like it. I actually prefer to drive shoeless. (:
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Drivin' in HH

Yeah, but doesn't if feel "free"?

Its the closest u can get to bein' in public as U. Right?

I have only drive a few times in heels and they were less than 2", so it wasn't so bad. however, i think very high heels of stiletto type heels could be tricky, especially on a long trip, so i would do as others suggest - wear some flats, whether drab or femme, just to be safe.

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

At first it was hard and I kicked my heels off...but I've gotten a bit used to it and the last time I drove around Atlanta as Deidra I kept my heels on the whole time. Three inch sandals.

By the way the first time I drove I had the radio off and concentrated 100% like I was 16 again. (was nervous as heck) But after doing it a few times I've gotten confident and have driven thru some conjested areas here in Atlanta. I got the radio going and even smoke like a femmy while driving. You know cig in my hand up on the steering wheel.

I like driving around as Deidra because it hides my big body (I've lost 25 pounds but am still rather big for a lady,) ...if there is ever a time I can come close to passing it is when my body is obsured which works nicely while driving.

I'd love to have few pics of me in the car taken but that would probably clue some people in on who Deidra really is when they saw the make and color of the car! So I guess no go on that.

I've Done It

The longest trip I've driven in 3" heels is from California to Las Vegas (about 4 hours). It does take some care to not scuff the backs but it can be done.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]