Thread: help and advise needed please

Talking help and advise needed please

Hi all,
    Firstly, this is my first time posting on this site so treat me gently
    I'm a CD and have been for many years and I'm also a professional DJ as well.
    I went out with a friend of mine (who I found out is also a very shy CD) in Manchester (UK) into there gay area called the village.
    I was dressed enfemme (well tried too ) and my friend did to a point.
    (I got laughed at a few times by people and pointed as well )
    What I did notice, (baring the rude people) was the lack of TG, CD Dj's in the area, and this gave me an idea.
    Like I mentioned above, I've been Djing for many years, and I do dress up for the usual occassions (halloween, christmas and new year) and I do get females say I look really good enfemme so I thought about transfering this to full time Djing as sort of a sideline as it where.
    What I wanted to know, is if there are any CD's or TG's doing this now and what sort of help and advise they could give me into getting into this area.
    I'm a straight, hetro guy and the thought of doing gigs in pubs and clubs.

hope you can help

djdanidisco

There are plenty of trans DJ's about - Speedqueen, at Leeds, is a club that immediately springs to mind not that far from you? If you'd been into Churchills on Canal St, there would have been a DQ DJ working. Trans-Mission, in London, sadly now defunct, had several really good TG DJs. See also my post on your Meeting Place thread, for other contacts..

When did you go to Manchester? Manchester Concord meet on a Weds, upstairs in the Rembrandt pub, so there are always plenty of other girls in the Village midweek - and Sat night is always busy? I've never been there when you couldn't find someone else to hang out with?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Dani, while I've never been to them, I've seen ads for lots of drag DJs in clubs in the big cities, Miami, NYC, Vegas, LA. And many are not even considered gay clubs...

So there is a market out there,hun, especially if ya got the skills. Gotta sell it to the club managers as a 'value added' product that'll up their 'market share' and be an unusual draw for the club...

Good luck with that...we wanna see ya in action on youTube!

Thanks for that nicki, I was in Manchester on Wednesday and I missed it .
    I really need info from the straight Dj's themselves, as I'm sure allot of them aren’t straight (no disrespect intended) and it's a bit daunting going into a straight pub or club and saying hey I'm a straight guy who dresses in women’s clothes and I want to do at your place.
    It's very hard to get info for this sort of thing.
    Anyhow, once again for your advise

Thanks deja x
    I've got the talent, I'm even called the "cocky jockey" when I'm djing in drab due to me being able to a laugh and joke with the customers.
    I don't want to be called a drag dj, as I've seen these and they portray the glamour and the way out aspect of it all.
    All I want to do is Dj en femme but to take my Djing to the next step as it where.
    Last edited by Holly; 10-18-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content or the multiquote function to reply to multiple posts in a single post. Multiposting is not permitted on the forum.

I'm afraid you will definitely get muddled with drag - because, inevitably, there's a showpersonship aspect to doing it?

To be able to do that, successfully, I'd suggest you need to develop some experience in being a girl - get some time under your belt, learn to deal with ignorance, get used to coping with feminine problems - then you can layer working as a girl over that. But if you try to do it all at once, you may struggle to be successful - because there are too many things to distract you/go wrong?
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-18-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I'd love to see a Cd-DJ if there was one in my aria
    Angie

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Is john of pleased women still spinning tunes ?
    Praps giving Pink Punters a bell wouldnt go amiss .... they have dance night and trans friendly .....

Thanks for the replies ladies.

John of pleased women is still on the scene from what I gather michelle.

Have you got any further details about the club you mentioned as it might be worth a try.