Thread: Crossdressing an escape or way of life?

Crossdressing an escape or way of life?

Is crossdressing a fundamental part of your life where you look forward to shopping and dressing and wearing femme clothes and really feel feminine or is it just a way to escape the everyday male life?

Do you feel an overwhelming need to dress or are you just into dressing?

For you is crossdressing a degree of transgender or a result of transgender or separate from transgender?

Are you accepting of crossdressing or inhibited by crossdressing?

As a crossdresser are you a flower in bloom or a wilting flower in need?

I am a crossdresser that feels an overwhelming need and desire to dress. I am sometimes wavering on the spectrum feeling that I am transgendered but never committing to taking action other than to dress when I can. I feel like a wilting flower in need because I hardly see the daylight dressed.
    I do accept my crossdressing but also feel inhibited by it too as much as I love it!

emmi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Great questions Emmi, really!

And I'm being completely serious when I say, thinking about them makes my head hurt!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I am a crossdresser that feels an overwhelming need and desire to dress. I am sometimes wavering on the spectrum feeling that I am transgendered but never committing to taking action other than to dress when I can. I feel like a wilting flower in need because I hardly see the daylight dressed.
    I do accept my crossdressing but also feel inhibited by it too as much as I love it!

emmi
    You kinda nailed it for me, Emmi... tho my need/desire isn't generally overwhelming but steady and consistent over the years. And as far as being inhibited, it is only due to my relationship with other and not because of my transgenderness...

... or maybe it's just the water that we drink here on this lil ol' island of ours! LOL

jenn

For me it is just the way it is.
    It IS my way of life

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    For me, its both. Its a way of life, but its a escape from normal life. I get depressed easily, and when I dress it dissapears. I wear knickers and cami under my work clothes now, so theres hardly any stress in my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

It used to be an escape, but now it,s turning into a way of life.
    The more time i spend dressed, the happier i am

For me, it's definitely part of my life, and part of who I am.

PrettyFlowingGown: I'm totally the same way. When I haven't gotten to dress in a while, I get a little depressed and cranky!

Dressing is a part of me who I am. I accept it 100% in every way. A flower in bloom not overwhelmed but do have a need to dress. and feel it it a result of transgender.
    Angie

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Not overwhelming but it is fundamentally part of me.

I don't have a overwhelming need to dress, I can go drab for awhile if needed, but as I have gotten older it is a fundamental need to be dressed comfortably, especially at home. If that makes sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Crossdressing is a way of life for me to escape the male environment. I love getting dressed up to go shopping or an evening out. Sometimes it gets in the way because when I'm dressed, I don't want to get undressed to work out keeping my shape and low weight. Future crossdressing I'm wilting. Next year I move back home after living in DC for 2 year temp job assign. My wife knows and does not approve so I either have to give it up knowing it will be difficult or try to hide it and dress whenever I can. Getting my clothes and shoes into the house will be difficult. I wouldn't transition but would dress and live as a full time cd if I could.

Q. Is crossdressing a fundamental part of your life where you look forward to shopping and dressing and wearing femme clothes and really feel feminine or is it just a way to escape the everyday male life?

A. I guess it's a little of both. I've been crossdressing my whole life, and whereas it's likely something of an escape for me, I also greatly look forward to it, and really enjoy being feminine. I do feel this on a very fundamental level.

Q. Do you feel an overwhelming need to dress or are you just into dressing?

A. If I am unable to dress for a prolonged period of time, it knaws at me. I'm into dressing (in fact, very into dressing!), but it becomes an overwhelming desire from time to time.

Q. For you is crossdressing a degree of transgender or a result of transgender or separate from transgender?

A. I started crossdressing because I liked how the clothes looked and felt. I liked pretending I was a girl. As I grew, and it grew with me, I developed into a transgendered adult male who often wished he was female. So I don't know if the dressing caused the transgender, or if the transgender caused the dressing, but now they are inseparable. So now it's a degree of transgender. Whether or not it started that way is debatable.

Q. Are you accepting of crossdressing or inhibited by crossdressing?

A. I accept it, but it inhibits me in some ways. I'm rather unproductive while dressed. I suspect it has kept me in a state of mediocrity for much that is in my life.

Q. As a crossdresser are you a flower in bloom or a wilting flower in need?

A. When dressed, I'm in bloom. When I have not dressed, I have a need to. But for the most part, at least in more recent years that I've come to a degree of self-acceptance, I'm a flower in bloom. For years, though, I'd say the latter.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

It's a part of who I am, I look forward to the few opportunities when I can dress fully. When I can't dress fully I like to wear hosiery and lingerie under my drab.

Hmmmmmmm Good question...of which I'm not sure i can answer it the way you have proposed it....

But I'll try to answer it by explaining how it affects me....

I consider myself to be bi-gender which means I have my male side and my female side....

So with that being the case I let my mlae side come out at times when I need to be a male and other times my female side comes out and for this side of me to come forward it requires me to let the female inside me to come out and I then become female....

Now much beyond that I'm not sure I can answer your questions....I'm comfortable at being female or having a female side and my female side and male side are in harmony with each other and feel comfortable with each other. There is no conflict within me to be one or the other...in fact for me I need to be in balance with both of my genders and not to try to have once exclusive with the other....one needs the other for this balance

Hope this might have helped...

Stephanie....

It started as fascination...bought some things, tried them. Did nothing with them for years (Got a decent wig on clearance then ). A couple years ago had my first Halloween party as an adult and the host was dressing. I bought forms and cloths and had a friend help with make-up. Repeated last Halloween. I realized a few months agoi that it had become an escape from reality which to me was not good. So I have backed off from dressing much I want it to be for personal enjoyment and not to escape.

Strangely, I thought I should try something different for Halloween this year and the girl I am talking to on the internet suggested "sailor moon" for an outfit. I looked for costumes online but finally settled on Yuna since I had a chance of making it myself.

So my dressing is for fun and personal enjoyment. It goes in cycles with some periods having a desire to dress more. My goal is to at least pass for a whole day once (not likely I suspect though) I don't particularly feel transgendered but, if I could try being a lady for a weekend, it would be real tempting but, only if I looked like a model.

Brina

Crossdressing IS part of my life so there's no reason to escape.... and I'm not overwhelmed with anything... except maybe when there's a sale!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's an escape for me but it can have an overwhelming pull.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Gold Member
    Is crossdressing a fundamental part of your life where you look forward to shopping and dressing and wearing femme clothes and really feel feminine or is it just a way to escape the everyday male life?

Me - I look forward to it. I don't have much of a male life.

ME - I am just into it. I am always wearing something femme, I don't really go "all out" very often.

For you is crossdressing a degree of transgender or a result of transgender or separate from transgender?

Me - Do what? Ok, I think part being TG. There is no separation, I think?

Me - Well I have to accept it. I would feel really akward trying to act and look 100% male

Me - Wilting flower in need.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Q. Is crossdressing a fundamental part of your life where you look forward to shopping and dressing and wearing femme clothes and really feel feminine or is it just a way to escape the everyday male life?

A. I guess it's a little of both. I've been crossdressing my whole life, and whereas it's likely something of an escape for me, I also greatly look forward to it, and really enjoy being feminine. I do feel this on a very fundamental level.

Q. Do you feel an overwhelming need to dress or are you just into dressing?

A. If I am unable to dress for a prolonged period of time, it knaws at me. I'm into dressing (in fact, very into dressing!), but it becomes an overwhelming desire from time to time.

Q. For you is crossdressing a degree of transgender or a result of transgender or separate from transgender?

A. I started crossdressing because I liked how the clothes looked and felt. I liked pretending I was a girl. As I grew, and it grew with me, I developed into a transgendered adult male who often wished he was fele. So I don't know if the dressing caused the transgender, or if the transgender caused the dressing, but now they are inseparable. So now it's a degree of transgender. Whether or not it started that way is debatable.

Q. Are you accepting of crossdressing or inhibited by crossdressing?

A. I accept it, but it inhibits me in some ways. I'm rather unproductive while dressed. I suspect it has kept me in a state of mediocrity for much that is in my life.

Q. As a crossdresser are you a flower in bloom or a wilting flower in need?

A. When dressed, I'm in bloom. When I have not dressed, I have a need to. But for the most part, at least in more recent years that I've come to a degree of self-acceptance, I'm a flower in bloom. For years, though, I'd say the latter.

Wow, Marla I couldn't have described how I feel any better than you just did, so forgive me if I just quote you and move on, and I have to double quote you on this one, " I started crossdressing because I liked how the clothes looked and felt. I liked pretending I was a girl. As I grew, and it grew with me, I developed into a transgendered adult male who often wished he was female. So I don't know if the dressing caused the transgender, or if the transgender caused the dressing, but now they are inseparable. So now it's a degree of transgender. Whether or not it started that way is debatable." Yeah, that's it!

Christy
    Last edited by FlygrlChristy; 10-19-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Cross dressing is a way of life for me but it may not be in the same category as you are saying , i cross dress every day but not to the extent most would consider cross dressing .

joanne

Nowadays CDing is a pretty important part of my life. I feel like I'm addicted to it - I invest more time into it that I feel I should, and I don't feel comfortable if my legs aren't shaved. So I guess it is pretty overwhelming.

From what I read, many CDers feel like they're TGs - i.e. somewhere between a "normal" man and a TS. I'm not sure if this is my case. From my introspections I dug up arguments supporting this as well as arguments going against this (or at least making the theory more complicated). In the end, it does not matter (or at least it should not matter) in practice.

And as far as my acceptance of my CDing is concerned ... rationally I don't see anything bad with it. Take Thailand for instance - a different culture, a different religion, different moral norms. If I was born there, probably I would be what they call "kathoey" there.

But I was born elsewhere. Even though I'm closeted, my CDing makes me feel a little bit more distant from the society. Then again, I was never fitting in very much, so I'm kinda used to it. Still, many times I can't help feeling that "I give in to sin, because you have to make this life livable".

It's a very relaxing habit when i want it to be it's also very exciting when I go shopping.
    It' me: my way of life.

Marjory

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Hi Emmi, here's my view:

It's utterly overwhelming.

It's just TG.

Very badly inhibited. Dressing in my man clothes is just deplorable and I can't dress in my preferred clothes very often because I am so entrenched in the male life I have made for myself. It's not all bad though! Living a male life has meant I now have a simply fantastic wife.And you can't put a value on that!

I know who I am so I'm a flower in bloom.

Sarah...

It started as an escape, but now I feel it is a part of my life and who I am. I still love my male side of life, but get great enjoyment of dressing. I find myself often cheating a bit in male mode by wearing a slight hint of make up and wear nothing but woman's panties and keep my toe nails painted. I want to be Alice as much as I can, but do not want to be full time. Leaves me a bit conflicted as I would love to have greater chances to be dressed and out in the open, but time, location and circumstances will never allow that to happen. Kind of confusing in an OK way. I continue to grow as Alice, yet seem to maintain my male presence to others, except my wife. And she is becoming more and more accepting.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile why be a cd

many years i finally accepted my self for what and who i am.it was safer to realize that i was never going to stop and thats when i told my wife and now i am a happier person and i really love to wear my lingerie every day and also to work.under my work clothes but its there and thats who iam,phylisanne