Thread: More coworker comments....

More coworker comments....

Almost weekly I will get a comment on my femininity?? Today I was in an 10 hour safety refresher class.. With some young engineers.. That I know pretty well... And I'm setting in the back... legs crossed.. Typing on my Blackberry.. Posting on another forum... And when we take a break.. One of them comes over and says "ya know your just like a little girl"..... I look up from my typing and say "thanks... Your too sweet" and smile... He smiles back and heads off to the restroom...

So this is happening about every week... That someone I know says something about me being a girl!! Lol. And none of them are mean or nasty.. Just stating the obvious I guess...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Becoming a little obvious are we? Didn't you say you had a TS there that had a hard time coming out because of all the testosterone in your industry? Watch your back girl!
    Tina

Tina's reply is so right on - we all need to adhere to that. Watch out !

?

How fem did you look when you got the comment?

Gold Member
    Oh yeah. Of course most of the time I get asked questions about things. Sometimes just comments about something I am wearing.

I would say it is probably a few times a week for me, but from the same people.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

What a nice compliment! Sounds like he's sweet on you.

Aspiring Member
    Karren,

I think it is your whole-body posture that is catching their attention. Society doesn't notice so much anymore if men cross their legs differently than a woman. But spending so much time practicing being femenine has got to affect you whatever you are wearing.

I love your comment... I wonder how long it bothered him to be called "sweet".

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Karren, I think that's great.

You can pull that off, you have a way with words.

To have people recognize your feminine side is great. As I stretch the boundaries at work with what I wear, I get compliments from many people, usually from the women or comments and smiles from guys.

For me, as long as they are not derogatory or offensive it is welcome. I am happy that they see my better more feminine side emerging. I find that the women are more accepting of my softer side and I still get along with the men, as well, it doesn't seem to bother most of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

We don't have any TS issues where I work and have had plenty of gays and 2 sex changes over the past 20 years... pretty maazing for a mining company...

I was wearing tight jeans (male) and a tight knit collarless light burgandy striped top and tennies.... Which surprised everyone since I alwyas wear a suit and tie... But since it was retraining I decided to come casual.... and I think it was my body posture for sure....

I get comments about me acting like or being a girl all the time... mostly from my good friends... And it's never hurtful....

.......My Photos

Karren, next time you want to try being in guy mode leave your forms at home.

Good for you, girl, but do be careful. I had a GF with a theory about the amount of diesel burned in certain industries, and the testosterone level of some employees, and I think it would make a good masters thesis. w.

Every once and a while I get that from my close friends...I can't put my finger on it, but they also know who to ask when they have a handyman problem to solve (which their knowledge is closer to the average house wife). I just shrug it off. Funny, because I don't think I act or appear feminine when I'm in male mode.

Hi Karren,

That was a great piece. Loved your response to his comment!
    I think that more people than we realise (or at least I realise) and aware and accepting of who we are.

I agree with Wenda on the diesel/testosterone ratio.

What was this guys facial when you called him "sweet"?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Funny about people at work picking up on things we do.Today I was at one of our warehouses picking up supplies and one of the ladys in the billing dept was walking to the office with me and as we were talking she said you know I've noticed little things about you like the way you carry yourself and some femine mannerisms are you gay?I said you mean like flaming?
    She got very defensive and started to stutter it was so funny I started to laugh then abruptly stopped and said "no but I'm willing to learn"(a line from the Bill Murray movie Stripes).She handed me my papers and said I'm so sorry I said that OMG I'm so stupid forgive me I said sure honey you're a real sweetie.
    Then at a gas station I ran into an old friend and he asked why I had a pink team logo on my truck window(local university)I told him my girlfriend put it on there it was her truck.
    Today has been fun.
    Karren is the queen of the "one liners"always impressive.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-21-2008 at 11:37 PM.

It must be really showing through Karren.
    Angie

I think deep down a crossdresser seeks approval and wishes to reveal the feminine side to some degree and gain approval. Deep down crossdressers are girls! I think crossdressers are like teenage girls exploring their femininity and enjoying the positive changes. That's my theory.

emmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    "ya know your just like a little girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    ... and I think it was my body posture for sure...
    Perhaps your look, agree with the body posture thing, but also consider you were pounding away on your Blackberry. The quote that you're like a "little girl" suggests to me that a connection was made as if you were a typical teenage girl these days who seemingly can't ever put down their texting device.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Little Girl
    Karen, I'm about to graduate soon with an engineering degree. Where do you work?

karren they know you like postive coment's and are comfortable with you any way you look are act (are you curent now on your msha training )

susie

ps la,vegas nationals are only a week away

Quote Originally Posted by susie evans View Post
    karren they know you like postive coment's and are comfortable with you any way you look are act (are you curent now on your msha training )

susie

ps la,vegas nationals are only a week away
    Maybe it was the NHRA sticker on my hat that said "I love DRAG racing". Hahaha. And I'm so pissed they moved the race out of Natioal Trails... I miss the smell of nitro mixed with perfume!! Was always a great time and an excuse to do some fem shopping on the way there and back... Send me some photos!!!

8 hour surface plus 4 hour underground MSHA retraining.. 11 total hours of accidents, safet regulations, deaths, and first aid.... Glad I had my Blackberry though I only used it during breaks... And sat in the back.. Safety first..

The guy shows very little emotions at all.. So when I called him sweet his expression didn't change.. A big manly man but a nice kid.. He calls me from time to time with questions on projects and mining software..

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Maybee they know more about you than you think they do Karen, and are just trying to tell you something

Listen Carefully and you will get their message, they are probably very accepting and only wish they had the courage to do the same

Denise

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You know Karren nitro burns when it touches your skin I used to love standing next to top fuel cars when they did burn outs( free lance photo work years ago for National Dragster mag.)and getting nitro spewed all over me.
    Had a rear engined Dragster too running on achohol and we would put a victory beer between the blower saftey blanket and the blower and by the end of the run it and the motor were ice cold.
    Love drag racing just don't have the extra money to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise01 View Post
    Maybee they know more about you than you think they do Karen, and are just trying to tell you something

Listen Carefully and you will get their message, they are probably very accepting and only wish they had the courage to do the same

Denise

That's what I was thinking, they may be telling you they accept you as you are and like you just the same.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Legs and Crossings

Quote Originally Posted by Shannen View Post
    Karren,

I think it is your whole-body posture that is catching their attention. Society doesn't notice so much anymore if men cross their legs differently than a woman. But spending so much time practicing (? !)being femenine has got to affect you whatever you are wearing.

I love your comment... I wonder how long it bothered him to be called "sweet".

Well now, over here I cannot really tell if the various assorted males cross their legs differently to females. Just what do you see as the difference ?
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 10-23-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"