Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When was the first time u looked in the mirror;

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

When was the first time u looked in the mirror;

And saw a woman? Or, maybe u still see a man-in-a-dress?

For me, it was about 7 years ago. When I put on my first homemade mask, for the very first time! What a rush THAT was!

What finally made the difference for u? Do u remember how it felt?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yesterday.......the first time I ever had make up and hair, and big eyelashes......My jaw dropped, I felt ....I dunno....giddy and well, you know the feeling!

I will never forget it.

Well RS, when I'm finished I see what appears to be a woman but I don't make that determination, I leave that to others. I actually have no pre-determination of what I look like and approach it the way many of us do, like an artist would. The mindset works along the way and getting into "character" is really the determining factor. I get dressed first, then do the makeup. Somewhere along the line, the actual transformation takes place and the illusion is almost complete. By that time come the enhancements like jewelery, perfume, etc. and then I'm pretty much into it.

The finished product is nothing short of amazing and looks nothing like the real me. The first time I saw this was about 8 years ago but didn't really think much of it. I just went:"Humph" and simply primped and fussed like any girl would who wants to look just right. Seems like the more I do this, the easier and more natural it becomes. That might scare some folks but I seem to take it in stride okay.

While we may tend to see ourselves in rose colored glasses, the real test for myself is going out and interacting with others and judging from the feedback, I usually do pretty well even though I make no bones about who I really am. I guess as the one gal brought out, it is "morphing" in a way but mostly because of mindset and the overall feeling of what we are trying to convey and our whole person is involved in that perception. In any case, I know I am much more than a guy in a dress when I'm Arianna and that enhances my whole personality and who I am in many ways.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    ALthough I have been dresing since age 13 or so, I NEVER could get a "handle" on how I looked in the mirror until 2004 when I devized my Gypsy Fortune Teller costume for Halloween.----It was ONLY then could I begin to "See" what the female version of myself actually looked like.

It was not that I had previously seen "a man in a dress". but rather could not concieve or percieve or visulize my "female self image" in my mind.

I dont know what it was, the completeness of the costume, some accidental makeup variation, or whatever that finally let the proper image of "a woman" click in my mind/perception. And she didn't look bad either (ignore my Halloween Avitar)

In the next few weeks, I was able to perfect it down to a "real" woman look, and ny CDing has since been much more rewarding. My only regret is that it didnt happen when I was younger--IMHO, I would have been a "knockout".
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 10-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.

December 2, 2002, at 6 pm!
    I know this simply because it was my first 'Total MAkeover' at 'transformations By Rori' in Arlington Heights, IL.
    It was the first time I had everything in place, from bra, panties, hose, dress, makeup and hair.
    The change was dramatic, to say the least!
    That is a date and time that is indelibly stamped in my memory.
    Since then, I still marvel at the transformation. It doesn't seem complete until I put on my wig and add my jewlry for the evening, If I look in the mirror without my wig, I still see a 'Guy in a Dress'. Once the wig is in place, Lisa is in the house!
    Huggs,
    Lisa E

Little Girl
    I actually liked what I saw for once.

4 1/2 years ago i had to go see my shrink as mj.. so i cheated and went in drab "dressed as a boy " to a hair and makeup salon and they transformed me in to mj for the first time. one girl did my makeup and another worked on my wig . here is my picture the very first time i ever saw mj. wow it was so amazing it's like being there for the birth of a new person. and i was in heaven there was mj aprox 5 minutes old and i now had to walk through the mall to get to my doctors so two firsts first time seeing mj and first time out at the mall i almost crap my panites now that i wear them but i got there
    oh i can't wear dresses as i so look like a man in a dress case in point look at my avatar ... don't tell anyone but thats a dress i just crop the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The last month or so for me,the clothes and accessories were good,but the makeup always just didn't seem right,then i bought the book making faces,and with practice i'm now loving what i see.

Nikki

I've had long hair for so long, that when I first started sneaking clothing around when I was somewhere around 15ish or so, I would stare into my vanity and just marvel at how pretty I looked, even though I didn't really have access to makup then.. I always used to imagine myself a female when I saw this.. These days it's a little more tricky to try and dig through the layers of 'mandom' and see the lady inside - though, every time I look at myself in the mirror with my hair down (or hell, just running my fingers through my hair, no mirror required) it makes me smile, no clothing or makeup necessary.

Two years ago on Halloween full mackup long painted nailes I saw a woman looking back and loved it.
    Angie

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Oh heck -- this emotes so many feelings and warm memories in me.I know I've told my story of that wonderful day, 5 February 1971, when 13 year old Anthony first met 13 year-old Toni-Lynn face to face. I suppose that this is the follow up.

I got home from town, ran up to the bathroom and locked myself in. Extra precaution, since no one was home. I stripped off my boy clothes and shook as I pulled on my first pair of panties that were mine, and my first training bra. I then stood on the edge up the bathtub so that I could see myself in the mirror above the sink. The sight that I saw filled me with so much happiness. I had become a girl. I remember holding the box from he training bra up and posing like the girl on the box.

It is difficult to adequately describe what I felt. I can tell you that it was not sexual. No rather it was more like a feeling of wholeness. Finally I was me. I felt right. And damn the torpedos, if no one else was going to help me experience what every other girl my age was experiencing, being made to feel special, thing that were my right, then I'd do them for myself! Damn how I wish I could go back to that day - sigh!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I can't remember the first time but the best time was the first time I wore a wig and make up. I felt like I'd been kicked in the chest by a horse. I just couldn't believe that I looked as good as my reflection. Wow!
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

First time for me was.... probably early on.. that was the reason for dressing was to see not only how it felt to wear the clothes, but to see what I might have looked like as a female.. and what I saw was a boy in a dress, pretty much the same as now.. I'm glad it wasn't about looking like a girl because I don't think I ever did or will..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Sherry, I have been dressing for 48 years and sported a full beard for 36 years. I finally shaved it off for good this past February. While I had my beard I would look at myself in the mirror and would see Jill from the neck down. (I never envisioned Barbie looking back at me). Since losing the beard I can see a reasonable feminine facsimile once makeup is applied. There is still plenty of room for improvement, (feminine glasses, makeup lessons, etc.) but for the time being, I'm satisfied with the woman looking back at me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

When Amanda (my SO) stood by my side in front of the mirror and said "That's my girl"
    Good job I was wearing waterproof mascara!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

About 9 months ago. She still turns up sometimes but not often enough

Well, for me it was yesterday! I had a makeover at Carla's and it was great. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I just could not believe I could look so good (at least to my own partial eyes...) That's a good thread. And it's funny how varied the answers are.

Hugs and kisses,

Melanie

Silver Member
    Actually I don't think this has happened for me yet. I want to get a makeover done very much and when I get this done then I too will experience this. I have not located a place that does makeovers that is close to me yet. I might have to travel a couple hundred miles to have it done but it will be worth it.

I think the first time I felt truly feminine was that first time my wife helped me get dressed up.

This was a little over three years ago, shortly after we got married. She knew about me dressing soon after we started dating, but this was the first time in a long while that I'd had a chance to dress up, and the first time she'd seen me dressed up.

Banned Read only
    I dont think it has actually happened for me yet because, whilst I'm getting better at making the transformation, and have been more often lately, there has always been something not quite right, for me to improve on. I've liked what I see sometimes lately but the look isnt quite fully there yet.

Janie

If you look at my avatar you'll see that that was probably the best i'd ever done my make up.
    That was a few months ago but i'd always been trying for a while before that. The first time i ever did the make up and wig thing and looked into the mirror, i cried. Seriously.

Just last week i was trying something different and was quite surprised with the outcome of that too.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Sexy

I like what I see in the mirror if don't see my face. It's weird but someone it's easier if I don't have to reconcile my male self with my female self at the same time. It would take some serious makup or a mask to make it easier.

I know the question deals with the first timem however, I believe Ihad two. The first time was about 20 years ago in LA. My wife and I were at a conference and Franki Kate and she had planned some time together, one evening. I prepasred by the whole shave thing along with makeup. We had shopped a few days earlier at home in Oregon for the clothes Franki Kate would wear. That walk on Rodeo Drive was the untimate in self acceptance and spouse acceptance.

The second was when I went to Portland for my first professional makeover, by Christina. She is a professional fo many folks as ourselves and for theatre and movie folks. When I stepped from here makeup chair and looked in the full mirror for the first time, I too had tears of joy welling up in my eyes.

Aspiring Member

My First Makover

Although I've dressed in things for 35+ years, the first time I really felt transformed was my first professional makover 4 years ago. When the makeup was properly applied and a nice wig was put on me and proper breast forms, I finally saw what I looked like as a woman. It was exciting for me. Everytime I have been able to get a professional makeover, it excites me to see what I can look like as a woman and I have even been out in public. I don't know that I fully passed, but I don't think I looked like a guy in a dress either. Since then I have purchased my own breast forms and a some good wigs. I don't have the opportunity to dress often and I don't ever do as good of a job with the makeup, but it's getting better!
    Michellecd9999

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Early 2003, I recently purchased make up, dermablend, a wig, and had recently shaved off mustache. Before this point I had been dressing but not completely. I was shocked at how I appeared completely dressed. I actually thought I was kind of cute until I started taking pictures several months later. I then learned I needed lots of practice and work on my make up, hairstyles, outfits, weight and facial expressions. Which to this day I still need work on.