Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 70's are over Big Foot

The 70's are over Big Foot

[This was first a post of mine, but I felt that it deserved to be a thread of its own.]
    [So I did some rewording & placement to it & put it in here for all to read.]

How many threads have started with the statements:

I can't shave my chest because........
    I want to shave my chest but.............

Well sorry to tell you, But yes the 70's are over.......
    A big furry chest rug is not a turn-on for most GG's of any age anymore.

So, unless your Wife/SO in no uncertain terms said she prefers the bigfoot look on you, please read on.

More & more guys are doing it then you might think.

Gym junkies/body builders, swimmers, club hoppers, male model wannabes, hipsters, the list goes on & on.

Want proof.... Have you seen any ad in the last 10yrs for mens cologne, jeans, underwear, ect., or ads for women that have guys in them that didn't have some hairless guy in them? [That btw spends way to much time in the gym]

Sadly yes, the Marlboro man is dead, I knew him well.

The last James Bond to have a chest rug was Sean Connery & no GG's I know of have complained yet, lol

Still don't believe me, then check out this somewhat funny but very true look
    at what current women look for in a man in our modern kinder gentler P.C. world.

So, the next time your Wife/SO takes more then a passing glance at some shirtless shaved guy in a Calvin Klein ad ask them if they think he looks good.
    If they say yes, you have a good starting point & something to work with.
    "Hey, I though you said it looked sexy, blah blah blah.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 10-22-2008 at 03:44 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    Well sorry to tell you, But yes the 70's are over....... A big furry chest rug is not a turn-on for most GG's of any age anymore.
    It's not? really? I beg to differ... for me personally, there's nothing sexier than a hairy chest... I wasn't big on it years ago, but I do like it
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Samantha,
    You must be a little younger than some of us girls. The problem comes with how society percieved things during your formative years. I feel really, really odd if I don't shave my beard EVERY day! It just really bothers me. Now, both of my sons can do the 'scruffy' look and not shave for 2-4 days and be fine with it.
    Another problem that occurs as you age is that your body hair gets a little stiffer and more wirey. so when my chest hair or leg hair starts to grow out the very next day, it is like a scrub brush. I have to shave the morning of my dressing activity or my leg stubble ruins my hose!
    If I don't shave my chest the night before I go out, I have plenty of hairs sticking straight up out of my cleavage!!
    Maybe I just grew up during a time where shaving anything but your face was frowned upon. I realize that times change and that 'clean shaven' bodies are ok now. It is probably why no one says anything about me shaving my arms on a regular basis.
    I know that once I shave my arms and chest, my wife will only snuggle if I have a shirt on!! The hairs are just really sharp and pointed until they grow out for 4 weeks or so.
    So once again, it depends on the time period you grew up in. Some of us find it hard to shave anything but our faces simply because that is how we were raised!! I'm certain we can change, just don't expect it to be over night!!
    Huggs to all,
    Lisa Elizabeth

Really I bet a lot of GGs here will disagree with that statement. I like to see it both ways, a man with a hairy chest so long as it's not like a gorilla, or hair less, which is good because my SO hardly has any hairs
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

[
    How many threads have started with the statements:

I can't shave my chest because........
    I want to shave my chest but.............

So, unless your Wife/SO in no uncertain terms said she prefers the bigfoot look on you, please read on.

Sounds a bit to me (and this is just my opinion), that some peeps will say/do anything to justify doing what they want.

Now me personally, I kinda do not mind either, but if you are asking me to be comfortable with you shaving your chest (you/your .... not meant personally), to enhance YOUR fem apperance and I have been comfortably snuggling into that said chest hair for X amount of years, then sorry but for me I think it would be a no go.

And I am not sorry to tell you, but that is not a generalisation of how we GG's feel and to use the excuse that

is an attempt at blantant manipulation

if it is that important to you then try having an open, honest discussion with your partner, instead of using half baked theories to justify your wants .. PLEASE NOTE YOU,YOUR HAS BEEN USED IMPERSONALLY AND NOT AS A PERSONALL ATTACKON ANYBODY
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Big Stink Foot

Well, thanks for giving us just another thing to feel bad about. Sure, more and more young men are removing unwanted hair but that doesn't give us girls who are basically under wraps permission to out of the blue shave our legs, pits, arms and chests. I'd love to be hair-free, but it can't happen in my current situation no matter my secret desires.

The fact is, some of us are in different stages of this journey. Some will easily pass in the daytime, some only at night from a distance. Some will be comfortable out and about with other girls even though they look like men in dresses. Others won't venture out past their homes regardless of their ability to fool the public.

If your situation allows you to go hair-free, then good for you. Some of us just can't suddenly show up to the company picnic with bare legs.

One of the problems here is the still pervasive idea in society in general that men are allowed to shave their faces, but are "required" to leave the rest alone. This means whereas you can be clean shaven on the face, the arms, back, chest, legs, and arms are off limits.

What a load! Men should have the same freedoms to shave whatever the hell they want to. I'm very glad I have no hair to speak of on my chest and back. Heck, the arms and legs are bad enough! This has nothing to do with the 70s or any other era. Men have generally painted themselves into a corner when it comes to body hair and clothing, whereas women have strived for and achieved a large amount of freedom when it comes to altering their looks.

I would love to shave my legs, but I know my wife would squawk. I would also shave my arms, but I'd again have questions to answer, and the result would be a very uncomfortable situation. I hate it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I like to think of myself as accepting and fairly open minded but you are out of your ever loving mind to lump us together like that. And since many of us here came to age in the 70s they'll never really be completely gone.

I have been snuggling my face into that chest (my husband's) for 20 some years now. It's my safe spot and signals I'm home no matter where we are. I have absolutely no desire to see that disappear. I won't and don't feel badly about that. So sue me.

Now I can look at the sweet young things all day long with their hairless bods but that doesn't mean I want to snuggle up to it.

And if my husband did as you imply I'd him into next year.

This isn't about what men are allowed and not allowed to do (Marla)... this is about pushing something on to others for the sole benefit of ones' self, shaving the chest for fem reasons... and then generalizing that most GG's don't like hairy chests as a reason... which imho is wrong. If I'm used to my guy having a hairy chest, then all of a sudden he wants to shave it, an excuse like... well most GG's don't like it... just ain't gonna cut it with me... But then again, I'm all for.. it's your body, do what you like with it... because no one would sure as hell tell me what I can and cannot do with mine... and if you let people tell you what you can and cannot do, then more fool you, but leave off with the excuses.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I would have to admit that my wife was mad as hell when I started waxing mine years ago.
    Believe it or not, my chest was so darn hairy that even the ultra macho US Army used to give me hell during inspections because my damn hair was sticking out of shirt. (yuck!)

I think it is all a matter of personal taste between both people is the relationship. I found out recently that my husband has wanted to shave chest hair for years, but never did, because he was afraid of my reaction. I had to laugh because, I prefer a hairless chest, but never mentioned it to him, because I was afraid of HIS reaction. The point is that, had we talked, the problem would have been solved years ago. So, I have to agree with the other girls that have said that trying to use a generalization about all GG's to justify the shaving is unfair. BUT, there are those of us who do like it, so, if it's something you want to do, then talk to her, that's easy enough isn't it?

What they said

Yeah, what Jess, Dancin' & Sandra said +

The young men shaving do so for whatever reason. My daughter has dated guys who shave various areas...one when he was in swimming competition season, the other just had some hair phobia. CDs want to shave to look like women, not to look like clean shaven men. There's the difference. I believe those ad pics you want to hold up as evidence aren't of men in drag.

My guy never had much chest hair...which was fine. God made him just fine the way he was. But he shaved....and then when I asked to keep one little patch of soft fuzz around the belly-button, he eventually shaved that too. Now he wants cosmetic treatments so his face can be as smooth as mine (a woman).

It's just like saying that a woman who wears slacks is a crossdresser. She's not always trying to present as a male gender, she's just wearing slacks. Not every man that shaves is trying to present as a woman. But crossdressers are.

The argument that "all the other men are doing it" doesn't hold much weight when you're not trying to look like all the other men when you shave. As Jess said, stop trying to twist things around and manipulate your spouse. Just tell her what you want and be honest with yourself why you want it. I know I'd appreciate being treated with that much respect.

So, the next time your Wife/SO takes more then a passing glance at some shirtless shaved guy in a Calvin Klein ad ask them if they think he looks good.
    If they say yes, you have a good starting point & something to work with.

What a load of crap, all this is doing is twisting words. Looking good and looking sexy is two different things. Well in my book it is.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Sorry, I didn't start the bigfoot thing,
    I just saw it in here & it got combined with an image of "Bob" from "That '70s Show"

That's just how the mind works sometimes & where the title came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    It's not? really? I beg to differ... for me personally, there's nothing sexier than a hairy chest... I wasn't big on it years ago, but I do like it
    One for the plus column, I never said all GG's didn't like it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by LisaElizabeth View Post
    Samantha,
    You must be a little younger than some of us girls.
    The problem comes with how society percieved things during your formative years. I feel really, really odd if I don't shave my beard EVERY day! It just really bothers me. Now, both of my sons can do the 'scruffy' look and not shave for 2-4 days and be fine with it.

So once again, it depends on the time period you grew up in. Some of us find it hard to shave anything but our faces simply because that is how we were raised!! Huggs to all,
    Lisa Elizabeth
    Oh no, I'm not that young, lol,
    But I'm not in the shave your face everyday group either.
    Personally I really can't stand shaving my face, I use a trimmer most of the time & have that constant 2 day look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Sounds a bit to me (and this is just my opinion), that some peeps will say/do anything to justify doing what they want.
    I can't agree more & there is nothing that can be done.
    If someone really wants to it they will find a way or excuse no matter if its right or wrong at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Now me personally, I kinda do not mind either, but if you are asking me to be comfortable with you shaving your chest (you/your .... not meant personally), to enhance YOUR fem apperance and I have been comfortably snuggling into that said chest hair for X amount of years, then sorry but for me I think it would be a no go.
    That is why I said:
    "So, unless your Wife/SO in no uncertain terms said she prefers the bigfoot look on you, please read on."

If he has it & she likes it & he knows it, he's better off leaving it alone, lol

Quote Originally Posted by wearingtanpantyhose View Post
    If your situation allows you to go hair-free, then good for you. Some of us just can't suddenly show up to the company picnic with bare legs.
    Funny Thing.........
    I don't shave any of it, I do trim it shorter sometimes but that's about it.

I have Robin Williams arms, oh it will be noticed if it's gone, lol.
    I am lucky to not have a whole lot of chest hair though. Go figure?
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Back in the 70's there was a champion body builder who used to shave his body. He eventually became Governor of California. Nowadays he calls people girliemen if they disagree with him.

Conclusion? Girliemen have hairy chests? Shaved chests are manly?

I don't know, maybe I haven't had enough coffee to think about this today.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think it's all about personal preference. My wife hates hair men, especially chests. But I know several GGs that love that look on a guy. It all depends. I guess you have to find out how far and what your particular GG will go for. Saying "well, that's what guys do these days" isn't going to work in my opinion
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think it is all a matter of personal preference. between both people in the relationship. I think having the reason , that's what guys do these days" isn't going to cut it.
    For me I love the shaved chest
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Thanks Samantha I never thought of that.
    Angie

I adore a man with a masculine hairy chest, many many women do.
    Who are you to say otherwise?

And for the record when most folks see a guy with shaved arms, legs, chest and trimmed brows you're not fooling anyone.
    The first thing to pop into thier minds is not "Oh there goes a swim champion".

Own it, don't make lame excuses for it.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Ivy
    I'd love to agree with you but... I can shave everything else on my body with little comment from my SO, but she hates it when I shave my chest. I am not Robin Williams hairy either, so it's not that she likes hairy guys. Within hours of shaving, it becomes scratchy. Even if I shave everyday, it's still scratchy by end of day. I have even tried plucking, and it gives me maybe an extra day or two, but plucking/waxing isn't going to work for me..maybe my hair just grows fast, I don't know.

I understand how she feels, I wouldn't want to snuggle up to a cactus. She asked me about it the other day, since it's getting colder now and I think I will relent and let it grow until spring. Maybe pluck a few around my bust area if I'm going out and it's necessary.

After carefully reading this thread, understanding both sides of the chest hair thing.....one thought just keeps going around in my head....Sean Connery as James Bond with the hairy chest was, and is a very sexy guy.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    So when any woman goes out and buys a pair of $200 shoes she should justify it by pointing out the fashion ads to her partner?

Doesn't that sound a bit shallow to you?

I, for one, like that my partner shaves but that is not to say I am repulsed by any body hair.

Either you sit down and discuss it with your partner like adults or you move on. No need to be sneaky about it.

BTW, those ads are geared to make people appear younger, not in reference to whether or not men look sexy with or without hair. Ask any actor, dancer or model and they will tell you they shave their chest to appear younger, it has nothing to do with any poll taken of women and the amount of body hair they find appealing or not.
    Last edited by DemonicDaughter; 10-22-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

I happen to like my partner's hairy chest. I adore his beard, too, and I get sad when he shaves it. He doesn't particularly like shaving, though, so he just keeps everything neat and well-groomed. He has not wanted to present as a woman thus far, and is interested only in bras and breast forms, so the beard hasn't been an issue for him.

But yeah, it's definitely a personal preference thing. I'm grateful my partner doesn't want to shave, because that was (in the beginning) one of my biggest hang-ups about his CDing. You've just got to find the right balance for you and your SO.

As an experiment and just for fun, I googled 'hunks' with safe search off to see how many guys had hairy chests. The results turned up model sites and gay sites, with mostly young men in their twenties with awesome pecs and abs. Very few had lots of chest hair. I don't know if this is because the photographers feel that chest muscles are more easily evidenced without the chest hair, or if younger men just don't have as much chest hair as older men.

But, you can google 'hairy hunks' and turn up lots of sexy, hairy chests.

So my theory was blown out of the water. I was hoping to find a healthy mixture of both with the first search term, which would have more readily reflected what I think are women's preferences, at least based on past conversations I've had with female friends. There are women who prefer hair, and some who don't, and I disagree with making a sweeping generalization that women prefer no hair in order to rationalize shaving. The link you posted to Bill Barnwell does not make him an authority on the subject.

You do have a good point that a woman might take more than a passing glance at a shirtless, well-built guy, but I do not think it has anything to do with whether he has chest hair or not.

It has never been an issue for me either way. Sometimes it is nice to feel a smooth chest and other times I enjoy the hair. The absence or presence of hair is not what determines how sexy I think a man is, although a completely, all-over, smoothed-skin male is a turn-off because it reminds me of pre-pubescence and I am not attracted to young boys.
    Reine

GG
    talking to girlfriends over the many years it's all over the place. yep, no generalizations are possible. yep, no excuses for shaving. just talk together.

me? i love those smooth shaved legs, till it starts to grow back and i'm sleeping with a saguaro. but that's easily taken care of.
    but i also like some chest hair, hate hair on the back. would not like shaved arms.
    i'm eclectic, don't dare put me or any woman in a box!
    "Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we might as well dance."