Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it weird you out when you look in the mirror and...

Does it weird you out when you look in the mirror and...

See your mom? Weird thing is, I'm a dead-ringer for my father, so I shouldn't look like my mother at all. Very strange
    "I know perfectly well I'm not where I should be"

It would weird me out if I looked in the mirror cd-ed and saw my Mom, I'd ask her how did you get in when my doors were locked ;-)

well we all carry on traits from our parents. seeing traces of your mother is not uncommon, crossdresser or not. i can see how being more feminine can show more characteristics of your mother than father. it's a combination of subtle physical traits (eyes, mouth, cheeks, ears, nose, etc.).

I look just like my mom when i'm wearing make-up. In one way it can be kind of creepy and in another it's a complement because she was a very beautiful woman.
    Susan
    Last edited by Always Susan; 10-04-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    I have caught fleeting glimpses of myself in mirrors and think I look just like my mom. I also have pictures of me that I would swear were her mom. And that was before I knew I was trans, too.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Actually, I usually think how much my Mother looks like me enfemme.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Content and Happy
    I favor my mom and enjoy what I see when I look in the mirror.

Lanore
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie S. View Post
    See your mom? Weird thing is, I'm a dead-ringer for my father, so I shouldn't look like my mother at all. Very strange
    Actually Jamie i think you're a dead ringer for Gov. Sarah Palin with different shade of hair color and her updo let down.

Now before you get frazzeled i mean that in a very complmentary way because although I personally believe her to be a well "not so bright" to put it mildly i always see her as a very very attractive middle aged woman who i wouldn't mind looking like at all. And Tina Key who portrays her on SNL is a dead ringer too Jamie... kinda like you.
    mean it well dear!
    I look exactly like my mother at my /her age now too its scary

Megan

Way back in my 20's I was made up for a halloween party in which my dad was going th be present. When he got to my house he turned white as a sheet, and thought that my mom was there.(they had been divorced for 6 years) When he realized it was me en femme he told me his first impression...And now you know the rest of the story!

Yes! I looked a lot like her, in my old wig, but less so in my longer blonde wig. In mirror, some pics, i look almost exactly like her, when she was younger- her long legs, facial features. Sadly, she is 85, 2000 miles away, dying with Alzheimer's.

look in the mirror

I posted a picture a few days ago and i noticed that I look alot like my mother.
    I love being a girl

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar

It weirded me out at first...

but now I just have an urge to yell at myself to pick up my room and stop slouching.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Mom Look-a-like

I actually trashed a wig once (one of my first ones, bought at a thrift store). I had gone through the make-up routine, one of the first times, and put the wig on, turned around to look in the mirror and almost crapped my panties. My mother was looking back at me. I was so wiered out that I immediately removed everything and threw the wig in the trash, no hesitation what so ever. At the time my MOM had been gone for about 3 years. So, I believe you could say that I look like my mother when dressed. Now, I love to catch a glimpse of her on occasion because I always believed my mom to be quite good looking (sorry mom) for an older lady.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

oes it wierd you out when you look inm the mirror?

No! When I look in the mirror whatever I look like my mind tells me I'm Hot!
    I have a vivid imagination and when I really get dolled up I try to look like Diane Lane, I just think she is fantastic. In reality I wish that I could get better at my make-up and hair so that I could look more like I really want to.
    I get a makeover when I am really going to go out and let my hair down.

Once I tried on my new wig and did my make up, I looked like a cross between my mom and my sister, kinda creeped me out a bit but then after a few touch ups, I liked the end result. Now, I just see Natalie.

Even though I don't look like my mother a whole lot I wouldn't mind. She's very feminine and was a beauty queen. Looking in the mirror I only see jessica...and I'm fine with that,better than seeing someone else (eep)
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

Im glad to say i dont, that would be a little wierd, but i do look a little like my older sister

Dressed to please someone
    My look is sometimes like my sisters, sometimes one and sometimes the other of my daughters. My mother doesn't show in my mirror.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    With my new avatar I really look like my mother. My natural hair (what's left of it!) is blonde while my mom's hair was always dark until she gave in to the gray. My natural blonde hair either falls out, never to return or turns white. So yeah, I definitely see my Mom when I'm wearing my dark hair.
    Joanne

Coda...

Red face

Yeah it does weird me out...I look exactly like her in the "Death" pics I posted...exactly...

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I kinda think I look the way my mother was "Supposed to" look. She never wore any makeup save for Lipstick and eyebrow pencil and always wore her hair short.---Not a really good look for her. She REALLY NEEDED something around her eyes, and longer hair to offset some of her facial features like her "Roman Nose"

I always HAVE looked like her, but I think I do a better job than she did of optimizing my appearence.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Not so much my mom but I look lots like my grandma

I used to watch her "put on her face" every day. She wouldn't even go out 2 minutes to the mailbox down the street without 1/2 hour of makeup.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    no the one time with a particular wig, i looked like an aunt of mine. totally scared myself. that wasn't the look i was going for. Aunt Joannie would have been proud

Its funny you said that as when my very first avatar went up I looked at it and actually said OMG I am my MOTHER!!!! I really di look so much like her it was so funny the hair color and facial features. Joann0830

P.S. I have posted a photo of my Great Great Grandmother and I am the double for her and was told I am her reincarnated

How about look in the mirror and see your sister? That is what my wife says and I see it also.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.