Thread: Name change?

Name change?

I've been thinking about my femme name lately, since transitioning has become something I may do. I'm just not feeling April now. My name is Andy, so I was thinking more towards Andrea, since if I do transition, it would be easier for me to remember. My memory sucks, by the way. Anyway, I was posting this to see what everyone else thinks. I'm open to all suggestions, so if you need to know something, ask away. Thanks.

mine was Paul but when i transition i change everything except my last name as some of my family were upset that i wanted to change it to fry thats Marissa Jennifer fry. but family won that battle. but i still got to use mj
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Andrea Is a pretty name, but it is a matter of what you like, and feel comfortable with, after all you are the one that has to live with it.
    Some feel as if they are a whole new person, that demands a whole new name, others like a feminine version of their male name, what are you comfortable with?
    I kept my initials, but that is as close as I got to my name.

I kinda like Andrea, but I dunno yet. Just figure I'll see if there are any good suggestions.

Anyone else?

I love Andrea hun.
    Angie

COol. I just needed someone else to say that. Thanks Angie.

Silver Member
    April/Andrea, whatever you decide it should be what you want to call yourself and you should not let others influence your decision. To me this a very personal decision and only you should have a say in this. As for myself I have been a cd for over 40 years. I gave myself the name Susan those many years ago and I have grown to identify myself with this name ever since then. Sure I have a guy name too but I relate more to my fem name so this is what I prefer to be called. When you pick a name it should be one that fits your personality and your inner self and one that you will feel comfortable with all the time. Give it some thought and when you find that 'right name' you will know it when you find it.

April / Andrea.

It's all really what you are confortable with. Andrea sounds very girly which may portray the softer and effeminate side of you. NaughtyApril has an edgy attitude to it, which may portray a rebellious side of you.

Which girl do you want to be? have fun deciding.

Banned Read only
    April/Andrea, its what you are comfortable with, but if you're just wanting to know if Andrea 'sounds' nice, then yes it does, its a lovely name.

I've previously used other names, 'Milewina' which is a partial combination of my last name and middle name + some, but I'm over that name now, and I've also used Gracery, which is probably somewhat a giveaway of my real name, before settling on my current transition name, which I think is alot better than those names, more suited to my en femme personality.

Janie

My male name was easy, it was chosen for me.
    I have had a difficult time choosing a femme name. I have gone through several and may keep the one I'm using now, "Vanessa."
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    Hi Katie

Thats what I tried to begin with. (My name's Greg) : I decided Milewina was wierd, didnt stand for much and I was getting desperate after running out of options on a particular website and Gracery seemed daggy, after I saw lots of cool names on tranny dvds in a shop, whereas Janie Gunn better reflects my rock/punk/glam ****tish female persona. Quite different to my real name but seems more appropriate than anything that was related to it that I thought of.

Janie

Hi

As the other girls have been saying, the most important thing about your name is that you personally are comfortable with it.

That's how it is with me. I've thought of myself as Susan for such a long time that it's difficult to remember why and when I choose it. But the important thing to me is that it is MY name.

As for Andrea, I think it's a lovely name and very feminine. I hope you settle on it.

Luv

Susan

I've decided on Andrea everyone. It just feels right.

Andrea, as some of the other girls has said so well, it is your choice and it sounds great.
    Sorry I didn't get to your post sooner. Hugs Keli