Thread: Should I come out to my mother

Should I come out to my mother

My crossdressing really took effect when I was about 13. I had done the usually kids stuff of playing dressing up, but
    it was at the age of 13 when I stole a pair of pantyhose off of the girl from next door. If it makes things better I did fancy the girl as well.
    Well I took to wearing them and I thought I had hidden them well but alas I was wrong. My mother had found them and confronted me with them. I told her I had a crush on the girl next door and they were hers. My mother made me take them back which was highly embarrassing.
    This all happened a very long time ago as I am now in my 30's.
    The thing is though is that I have a younger brother who is
    22 and he came out about 2yrs ago and told my parents he was gay. More kudos to him. He is a twin and I always thought it was the other twin that was gay .
    Anyway. Seeing as my mother doesn't have a problem with this in the slightest. I was wondering if I should tell her?.
    Do you think she will be understanding.

Eileen1969

Thumbs up Blessing's

I think of you and just how much courage it takes to just acknowledge yourself! Its these kind of post I mostly pay attention too! The couragous ones! and girl there are many! What does your heart tell you? I sense you want to be free more than anything! It does take a lot to approach Mom!
    I just showed up decked out! shocked the beans out of her! but she told me she always knew! As mothers do! they do know every little thing! Thats what I love about my mom! she does know everything! Mom is coming slowly but surely! if your Mom loves you! and I am sure she does! Take your step girl and be you! much respect Ronxxx
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Bring up that time when you were 13. She sounds like she'd understand.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

I think your Mom will be understanding.She loves you as only a mother can;she understood when your brother told her he was gay and does'nt love him any less.I think she will accept you as you are.Also think of the relief from not having to hide.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Banned Read only
    I would wait for the right time if your gonna tell her like when it's just you and her one on one

Tristen Cox
    I would say yes but take some time to feel out the reaction. Ask some off topic questions and see what she says. If you feel comfortable then tell her. But don't jump the gun without thinking it out a bit first.

Probably best not to just show her without talking about it first. Let her decide if she wants to see you dressed and try to take it at her pace, if you do decide to tell her. I found that using a photo of myself dressed rather than just confronting my Mum with the real thing helped us both by lessening the embarrassment, and now, five months later, I am walking around the house dressed without a care in the world.

Mona xx.

You will have to judge the right time. Although you have a sibling whu has declared himself it could well be your Mother might be bothered that yet another of her offspring has other inclinations. At all events you will have to proceed with caution and somehow test her feelings indirectly.Best of luck.Susanmaid

Thanks girls for the advice.

It shouldn't be too much of a shock to her. I used to be heavily into glam and goth music so seeing me in full makeup doesn't phaze her.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Go for it, sounds like she might take you out shopping

Katie
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Banned Read only
    Soho: Try reading my thread first, the one called 'I think I'm gonna be coming out'

It's on the second page of the MTF section at present.

I hope it gives you some insight, as I was in a similar position, and came out only a couple of days ago.

If you have ANY questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me by PM...

Hugs n kisses,

Sarah. x