Thread: Family history

Question Family history

So I have an uncle, in his 60's now at least, who dressed for fun and went to a bar. His family knew and even took a picture. It was all in good fun.

I'm wondering if he may be a closet cd too as no other reference has been made re. him crossdressing. Do "normal" non-cd guys ever crossdress for fun, just once for a kick...or does it mean something more....?

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I think "normal" guys, whatever "normal" may mean, would only do it on a lark such as a frat initiation, lost a bet, something like that. Maybe for Halloween although that is the time a lot of closeted CDers make their public debut. If he did it without an "excuse" then he probably is/was a CDer. How did he look? If he looked pretty good en femme that would be another "tell".
    Last edited by TommiTN; 10-28-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I think it kind of depends. If there are photo's, try this explanation. If Uncle is doing the "clown thing," you know, giant water balloons, fright wig, bizarre clothes, I would chock it up to "young dude having fun."

If however, the presentation looks reasonable, like he's making an effort to "get it right;" the I would start to investigate that there is something more going on.

Peace and Love, Joanie

the only time I know of that non CD guys dress is what TammiTN said. I know a former prison guard who was extremely homophobic and a bunch of us that he fenced with conned him into dressing up as the chiquita banana girl. his wife loved it, we gave him a good natured ribbing, I got one too(I was dressed as a convincing June Cleaver complete with a pan of muffins ) and fun was had by all. we tried the same thing the next year but he was adamant about non-femme costumes from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Welsley View Post
    the only time I know of that non CD guys dress is what TammiTN said. I know a former prison guard who was extremely homophobic and a bunch of us that he fenced with conned him into dressing up as the chiquita banana girl. his wife loved it, we gave him a good natured ribbing, I got one too(I was dressed as a convincing June Cleaver complete with a pan of muffins ) and fun was had by all. we tried the same thing the next year but he was adamant about non-femme costumes from then on.
    Hmm. I'd wonder about this guy. Remember the, "I think he protests too much."
    Hugs,

Teddie