Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Victoria's Secret experiment

The Victoria's Secret experiment

It's been a long time since I've contributed anything here, so I thought I'd post my experience with trying to get a job at VS. This might end before it begins, or it might turn out to be a worthy experiment.

Here's the details:

I have taken apps from two different stores today, and tomorrow I'm going to return them while wearing my costume! I'll be wearing a corset (of course) over a button-down blouse with a long skirt and modest heels. The look will be sexy but still PG, and I plan to do a subtle but elaborate look with my eyes.

In this horrible economy I've seen lots of other career folk trying to get a second job all over the place, so I want to do something that will stand out. I hope to impress them with my makeup and other skills and really leave an impression on them. They may decide they won't hire me right from the start, but I've already talked to one manager (whom I took the application from) and she was all smiles and quite interested. Out of all the places I've shopped at over the years, VS has consistently been the most tolerant and accepting of CD's, and I can certainly add a unique perspective!

Part of the point of this too is that I'm not going to hide the fact that I CD anywhere I work, especially at a place like that. The thin brows and well-cared for nails alone would cause gossip anyway. That's not to say that I'll be going to work as anything but a guy though - as much as I like women's clothes I'm grateful that I don't have to wear them everyday!

Wish me luck, I'll post later how things went!

I wish you luck Alayna in getting the VS position. Let us know what happens.

Blossoming flower
    Good luck, please let us know how it turns out. I'm sure we all wish we could try that...

Alayna, good luck on the job at VS, If you get it, let us know. Victoria

Banned Read only
    If I was a VS manager I would hire you................Michelle

Sounds like a good experiment I'll be curious to see how it works out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

sounds interesting, I wish you luck and that would definitely take a little courage, and definitely not something I'd be ready to try as good as I may look. but I will have to check back here to see how you do though!!

Must have the details when the experiment is done!!! Good luck, and you are certainly very confident!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

when you get the job at V.S. ........can i use your emplyee discount????

The best salespeople are the ones who really know their product. Be sure to do your homework for the interviews.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

The Victoria's Secret experiment

Really interesting - good luck hope all goes well sounds like you would be a real asset!!!

Best of luck and keep us posted. Sounds like fun and I'll bet the employee discount didn't have anything to do with it, right?

Yes best of luck.
    I hope you suceed in all you try.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Good for you!

I once spent just one day doing my job while fully dressed, and that too was in the underwear business. It was actually my boss who encouraged me to dress and I realised that for her, having a CD colleague was a little bonus in terms of street-cred. I didn't have to work hard to make a statement, I was a statement.

I wish you all the best of luck!
    Yeah I'm going to make that point in my interview (if I get that far). For example, how many CD's in Colorado would come to a VS if they knew another CD was working there?

and no Sophia, the discount has nothing to do with this

i wish you good luck. i am sure they will have moore customer when you start
    working there
    jane.

Good luck. But if it doesn't work out perhaps try Ulta. I've seen several male employees in those stores doing makeovers on other women and although I can't be certain perhaps one or two of us as general employees.

Good Luck. Hope all goes well for you. I got an application last week but I am chickening out on filling it in.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Thumbs up

[SIZE="3"]Alayna....You go for it girl!!! I'm rooting for you and Victorias Secret....I'd love to be able to work there, ( Heck, I think I'd PAY to be able to work there ) but unfortunately they don't have much in my size...LOL...Hmmm..I wonder if the SA "uniforms of the day" are from the stock?? Might pay to ask...LOL ... Keep us informed and I'll have my fingers crossed for you...[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

So I dropped them off fairly uneventfully. I wanted to try and strike up some conversation, but they were busy at both stores so I pretty much just handed them the apps, exchanged a couple comments on my costume and then went to a party.

The most interesting thing was actually walking through a crowded mall. Being 6'7" in heels, and a man in a dress certainly drew lots of attention my way. I got a disturbing amount of flat-out rude stares unfortunately, but I've passed the point where that phases me since I'm used to getting stared at on a daily basis because of my height. Besides, most of them came from teenage boys, and we all know how those are

I should know by Monday evening if I've got an interview or if they just tossed the app in the trash. Pics of the costume are coming soon

tell me how it gos i need a job to

if you do get that job..i will come visit ya to buy some things!

Here's the outfit I wore. Jeez, this was only 3 hours after I shaved and my beard is already starting to come back! Not one of my better pics but you get the idea...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayna View Post
    Here's the outfit I wore. Jeez, this was only 3 hours after I shaved and my beard is already starting to come back! Not one of my better pics but you get the idea...
    I would not call that a "job interview" or even a job hunting outfit. Even if you are trying to get job at V.S. you should keep the corset covered.

I would not higher a GG that came into my shop dressed like that. A CD doing it is just far too stereotypical and is exactly what everyone "fears"about CD's.

As good as you look, (and you do look good) if you are serious in this "experiment" you really should tone it down a bit.

The corset is a bit much, unless your next stop was Hot Topic.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by Alayna View Post
    For example, how many CD's in Colorado would come to a VS if they knew another CD was working there?
    *Raises hand*
    Seriously, how awesome would that be?

I love the outfit. If I'm reading the timeline right, it's what you wore to drop off your application on Halloween, yeah? That shouldn't be too bad then.

This is a pretty great thread right here.