Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At work as Erin, I was not ready for this.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Erin That is very cool I would be lynched if I came to work in a dress halloween or not.Great news maybe the worm has started to turn your way.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I'm very glad for you. What a terrific experience. The reason you didn't place in the costume contest is simple: you weren't wearing a costume.
    Brilliant! Couldn't have said it better if I'd pondered it for hours!

Kate
    "No, I'm not hitting on you, Ma'am, when I said I wanted to get in your pants, I meant I wanted to try them on!"

What a lovely and special day!!!! I envy you. Me? I just worked yesterday in drab.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Wow!!!! absolutely fantastic. I am so happy that you are in the pink fog. I hope it lasts all weekend. way to go hun.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Very nice Erin, thanks so much for sharing with us!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I don't care what anyone says, I think the world is getting more accepting of us. I haven't had the courage to go to work en femme, but the rest of my life is pretty open and it has literally been years since I received a negative comment. I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day.

Congratulations on your most wonderful experience!

Erin that is so neat and the support is contageous. I had simular responses at work and a few friends that I spent with last night. Way to go but remember keep one foot on the floor so you don't fly of the planet. Hus to you. Keli

Great story Erin, Thanks for sharing it with us.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

So cool. Great day and story. Thanks for sharing

Fantastic! So happy for you, it sounds like a dream day and great for spreading the "word", it's a pity everyone in the world can't read your story and see how much innocent pleasure CD acceptance can give.

Alicia.
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    That is fantastic!

Superb!

Magnificent!

Love the story and the out come

Congratulations Erin! That was wonderful!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Silver Member
    Erin, Thanx so much for sharing your wonderful adventure! Your image is that of a beautiful woman- not only on the outside, but inside where it really counts!

Gold Member
    Thanks folks

Thing is a lot of people knew before but had not seen it. I just wanted to erase any doubt in their minds.

There is one lady who seemed kinda uncomfy, but I will talk to her Monday and let her know "hey you knew me before and always liked me, why would it bother you how I or anyone dresses?"

One thing that was funny, I was on one of the upstairs areas that overlooks part of the warehouse talking to Mr "I think it is funny" and a coupld ladies looked up at me almost in shock. I smiled and waved at them. I think it was the same ones who asked if it was my wife's dress.

But yeah I will have a busy day Monday with all the questions I am going to get, unfortunately I won't be going in all pretty. People don't know how to approach me about this but I always say "you can ask me anything". And they know I am cool, I am not going to get pissed or go running to the office to tattle.

I don't know if the place is a job or a stage.

One thing tho - my job is pretty much "family friendly" and like i said everyone kinda knew before. If I worked in some manly-man environment, I don't think I would have done this.

But yeah thanks.
    Batty, you are always on about gaining acceptance and believe me sister, I am working on it as much as I can in my corner.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I'm soooo glad it went well! Congrat!

Silver Member
    Erin, I enjoyed reading your story and want to congratulate you. You have a lot of courage and are not afraid to express your inner self. You are an inspiration to all of us. I went out dressed yesterday too but only shopping in the mall and Walmart. The people I interacted with were strangers so it pales in comparison to what you experienced. Way to go girl!

Congrats

You go girl. I'm glad it went so well for you, it gives the rest of us girls encourgement.
    Laura

Congratulations Erin. You are definitely high on my most courageous list. Now if only I can gain some confidence from your wonderful night out. My best to you. Hugs, Janice

Kudos to you!!!

Thanks for sharing your day with us, it was an inspiration. Let us know how things go Monday.

Pamela

Gold Member
    Yeah I try to inspire.
    I am one of those "If I can do it, you can do it" types.

I am no lightweight in my CD life. [Please hold the jokes about me being fat. ]

Yeah now my only concern is what if people are going to be bored with me now? I mean I can't push it much further and I don't imagine they would tolerate me going to work all the time like that. But if they DID... nahh, I usually wake up late enought that I don't even have time to sniff test my work clothes, let alone spend an hour making up, choosing what to wear, dressing, fighting with pantyhose...

Hey I don't recommend taking after me, I am kind of crazy.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

You have so much confidence in your dressing, I wish Iwas like that.
    Your day sounded like a dream, I’m very happy for you.

Former Member
    That is an awesome story!