Thread: Opening up to friends and colleagues

Opening up to friends and colleagues

It's a real problem sharing our desires with other people. I often think that our friends and colleagues probably suspect a lot more than they let on. I work as a civilian in a military environment and I'm sure two or three work colleagues are secret crossdressers. And I'm equally sure some colleagues suspect that I could be one too!
    I've only recently accepted my own feelings and would like to be more open about who I am. I'm just wondering to what extent you need to be comfortable about how you feel and look as a woman, before opening up to anyone? I think many of us 'girls' get a bad reaction from friends and family because when we are first trying out our female 'look', it's a bit like a little girl trying on her mummy's clothes, make-up, and heels for the first time. Unfortunately for us, a little girl simply looks cute in the public eye ... a mature man just looks embarassing! Many years ago, I had to spend a week at a big electronics fair in Geneva. (The Italia Telecom women were absolutely gorgeous ... short skirts and long legs clad in slinky sheer black nylon. Boy ... was I envious! But that's another story!) I will always remember on the Sunday, when the fair was open to the general public, two crossdressers appeared on the scene. They were dressed in amazing cat-walk frocks and sexy high heels. They were obviously men, but because they were dressed so well, I didn't see anyone laughing or smirking behind their backs. Everybody was just amazed at their self-confidence and their look.
    I'm not saying we 'girls' need to look like cat-walk models to be accepted. But I'm just wondering to what extent the reaction we get is a function of how acceptable our look is in the public eye and how comfortable we are personally with that look?
    Luv Chrissie
    x

There is definitely something in what you say. CDing is mostly about appearance, so confidence in your appearance is basic to self-acceptance and willingness to present to others. And of course it helps if your confidence is well founded.
    When I first showed Ruth to my wife, I'm sure it helped her acceptance that I didn't look ridiculous.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Hi chrissie, I'm also a civillian in a military environment. I keep my crossdressing sticting to myself at work although I have worn pantyhose to work......twice!
    I once saw a profile on URNotAlone of someone who seemed to work at the same place I did but I never did figure out who it was.
    I'm not planning on telling anybody at work.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

stunning x

Hi Chrissie
    I have to say i could never tell anyone I work with - I am new to this anyway, but dress as convincingly as I can - I think you look absolutely stunning and can hope I look as attractive as you do when I'm dressed up!

I would love to know whether you go anywhere - pubs, clubs, or meet other TV's locally as this is what I think my next step should be
    Love Nicola x
    battingeyelashes:

I've Probably Told Too Many!

I figure I've told easily over 30 people at work. I don't feel I have to tell anyone about it anymore, I just feel I don't have to hide it. I work for a large corporation who's name is all over our city's ballpark.

I have found out that a picture is worth a thousand words. I have business cards of myself as Tracy in my wallet at all times. If the topic comes up, and they want to see me, I show them. They seem to be more receptive when they see my pictures. If you see me in drab (which you can btw) you may understand their trepidation when I tell them the news.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    you may understand their trepidation when I tell them the news.

Love, Tracy
    it's not the news Tracy it's hard to imagine a seven foot tall blond Babe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]