Thread: Might be jumping the gun.. but

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar

Smile Might be jumping the gun.. but

Well everyone.. it has happened. my wife is pregnant. (lol made me feel good knowing a few guy things still worked lol) and sdince I have 9 months to plan everything first off I just wanted to share with everyone. no ultrasound till Dec. so that will be killing me waiting, but i guess I wanted to just throw out a simple question for the dad's (or aunts) here. We always read about telling your kids or opps my daughter found my clothes now what.. but has anyone here raised their kids with thier wives, and not changed anything about thier hobby as a crossdresser. Just wondering

hugs
    Ashlie
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

Congratulations
    ColleenW

Congrats.

"jumping the gun" No, I think that is a very good question.

And 9 months will go by before you know it.
    I think its a good idea to start navigating that road now better then later.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Congrats, Ashlie! I raised my share of little'uns and now have grand'uns, but I can't offer any advice about raising one and being open with your CD'ing.
    I have only come out within the last year and all of them have long left the nest. Hope you can come to some kind of resolution as to how you will handle that.

Wonderful for you, "MOM" Dad. Not having the experience myself, I'd think that if you were "full open" from the start it might be helpful later on.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    [SIZE=3]I'm not sure I would tell my kids, and I didn’t. My youngest daughter found out about me when she was 19 and didn't take it very well. She told my other daughters.

Little kids are so innocent; they will tell everyone that daddy wears mommy’s clothes. So if you are prepared for everyone that comes in contact with your kid, to know about you then it is probably fine.[/SIZE]
    Dana Ryan

Congratulations Ashlie and best wishes for an easy pregnancy (for the both of you).

You have quite a bit longer than nine months before you have to make a decision, but I personally did not let mine know. It's not so much being open with your kids as how open do you want to be with the world. Little kids don't have a good grasp of what is personal information and secrets. lol, Neither do bigger kids these days for that matter! Take a look at Myspace and Facebook.

AKA ... &quot;Skip Girl&quot; Paula UK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    [SIZE=3]I'm not sure I would tell my kids, and I didn’t. My youngest daughter found out about me when she was 19 and didn't take it very well. She told my other daughters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Little kids are so innocent; they will tell everyone that daddy wears mommy’s clothes. So if you are prepared for everyone that comes in contact with your kid, to know about you then it is probably fine.[/SIZE]
    Hi this is a good question. im actually in the same position. i have a 9 month old daughter. i and my wife are happy with me dressing around her at the moment, she so young, she knows no different.

i think we'll have to gauge it day by day as she gets older, the first time she starts asking quetions may be the time to reassess the situation. personally im hoping that if she sees me dressed from early age she will think nothing of it and as a result it will neve occur to her (at school for example) to mention the fact that daddy wears mums clothes. afterall, do kids ever say that mum wears mums clothes?

just a thought - and a hope i suppose. well just have to wait and see.

paula x

Thank you everyone for the advice.. It will become clearer as time goes on. I currently dress around all our firends kids ranging from new born to 10 and they are all fine. LOL I guess this will be a thread that will have to update from time to time.. talk to u all soon :-)

Great hews Ashlie congrats hun. Both mr kid have seen me on Halloween but don't know I fress other then that.
    Angie

Congrats on being a dad. Thats right dad! Now I can't give you advice on when to tell your child as I have told my son just today and he is 20. I CAN warn ya about the hormone over load your wife is headed for. Beware!!!!!!!!!!
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

My wife and I raised our daughter and son with full knowledge of my crossdressing. The decision was made to do that not so much to make my life easier, but to encourage our kids to not keep secrets from us. Sooner or later secrets get found out. They are age 33 and 29 now and it was never a problem for them. I've always been "Daddy" no matter how I have been dressed.
    Phoebe

congrats DaddyMom

my take on this is just be yourself. as you dress in front of friends and there children why not yours ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My kids (now 8 (son) and 9 (daughter)) found out by accident 2 years ago. I rarely dress just because of everyday busy life, but I do dress in front of them occasionally. They actually both quite enjoy it.

My son is a boys' boy and has no interest in girly things, nor has he developed any such interest since he discovered this about me. He does take dance with his sister but does not countenance being thought of as girly. He is by far the hardest hitter on his football team and quite the jock, so my CDing seems to neither have affected him in a genetic nor nurturing way (we have made it quite clear that if he did wish to do/say/ply/dress in something considered "girly," he would obviously get no hostility from us).

When I dress up, I always play "tea party," "house" and "dolls" with my daughter, who absolutely loves it. My son enjoys playing "waiter" for our tea parties still. Both of them occasionally ask me to dress up, especially my daughter. I tell my son he gets "practice" at being the man of the house, which he likes.

Neither of them has let this information "slip" in the 2 years since they have known. My wife and I discussed with them the fact that some people don't understand or like it when people CD, so we keep it to oursleves, like any number of other things that are the business only of family/loved ones. They get it. I have explained that we do not think there is anything inherently sinful about it, and it is one of many things in life which are morally neutral in and of themselves but we give its moral content by what we do with it. In other words, there is a way to crossdress sinfully and a way to crossdress in a God-honoring way. (Kinda like golf).

I think it has helped our kids become more accepting, discerning, and non-judgmental about the hearts of others; of course, it is also important to explain that there is nothing wrong with judging "actions," if such actions are morally wrong.

All in all, I would say that my kids' knowledge of my CDing has on balance been a very positive thing for everyone, and I don't have to hide who I am (although I do tend to temper down the quantity of dressing that I would probably otherwise engage in). In the end I am still a man, and their father, and my beautiful wife's husband. I do not want confusion about that or toleave the impression that I would be willing to somehow abandon that role.

Hope that perspective helped.

Thanks Stephanie Could not have asked for a more perfect story :-)

Congrats hun,I don't have kid's or a wife . But I think if you raise your kids with it it won't be ABnormal it will be normal you make sure the know its not ok to Blab but Kids will be kids. If they grow up with it , it will ok with them. My worth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Silver Member
    Congratulations Ashlie. Whatever you and your wife decide make you you give it a lot of thought first. This is a very important decision and one not to be taken lightly.

When your child is four years old she is going to point at someone and say, "That looks just like Daddy's dress." That is about the worst thing that will happen, if you can handle that you will be fine.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife and I never did tell our children during the 49+ years we had together. They also never saw Stephanie dressed. My wife passed away in2005 and I finally told my 51 year old daughter this year. My 47 year old son still does not know!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

First of all congrats on the impending birth. An incredible journey of wonder and enjoyment will no doubt follow.

As for my crossdressing....I have never let my children see Tash, and will not until they are old enough to effectively understand. Whilst i know this will evoke a 'stimulated' response from some girls here, the wife and I felt that it was important. We didn't want to take the risk that the kids found themselves isolated or teased (or bullied if you like), at school, because one of them let it slip that daddy wears a dress sometimes.

Like Tranny T said "That looks just like Daddy's dress." That is about the worst thing that will happen

Don't think it won't happen. Like it or not, kids can be blunt and cruel to other kids.

For those of you that are fully dressed to your young children, I truly admire you....you have courage, and dare I say it "balls" that I do not !

Congratualtions to you and your wife!

My children and step children have known about me since an average of their teen years. They love thier dad and are OK, but do not want to see me dressed. That's fair.

My step daughters told me they were considering buying me a dress for fathers day, a little more nicer than the frumpy old jumpers I like to wear. That was so neat that they would even consider it, even though they eventually got me something else.

What really is nice is that I don't have to hide my cloths and worry about being found out. I still keep it discrete due to their friends comming over.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

congrats

I think if wives are comfortable then we should all dress around our kids from a young age thet way we may get rid of some of the bigotry against us. good luck and sleep now for the future brings none.
    Spelling bad because the fairies make love on my keyboard.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Long story really short.....Stephanie Scott basically covered it for me also. 6y old daughter, 9y old son, and 20y old son all know
    Drumming, My other hobby

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Seymour View Post
    Congrats, Ashlie! I raised my share of little'uns and now have grand'uns, but I can't offer any advice about raising one and being open with your CD'ing.
    I have only come out within the last year and all of them have long left the nest. Hope you can come to some kind of resolution as to how you will handle that.
    First off, congratulations to you and your wife.
    I answered here to Carol's reply because my response would pretty much be a carbon copy. I'm out for about a year now but only with my SO, and that's all the farther it will go.

If you already dress in front of other kids, then your are officially outed.
    Kids will talk-make no mistake about that. most people you know already know of you as a result of that.
    If you and your SO are comfortable with it, just continue to march.

Will your dressing hurt your child's development? Is that what you're really asking here?
    I would answer that with probably not. There are far worse things that you can expose children to than dad dressing the same as mom.

Would I have done what you want to do? No chance, but that's me.

Raise your daughter like a female and/or your son like a male, but most of all, be there for them and show them how much you love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    First off, congratulations to you and your wife.
    I answered here to Carol's reply because my response would pretty much be a carbon copy. I'm out for about a year now but only with my SO, and that's all the farther it will go.

If you already dress in front of other kids, then your are officially outed.
    Kids will talk-make no mistake about that. most people you know already know of you as a result of that.
    If you and your SO are comfortable with it, just continue to march.

Will your dressing hurt your child's development? Is that what you're really asking here?
    I would answer that with probably not. There are far worse things that you can expose children to than dad dressing the same as mom.

Would I have done what you want to do? No chance, but that's me.

Raise your daughter like a female and/or your son like a male, but most of all, be there for them and show them how much you love them.

Well I'm raising a beer and masacara wand to that one.. I just again have to say how much I real appreciate everything everyone hads ever said to me to this point.. you girls are like my other family :-) and I always look forwad to loggin in and saying too.. too bad this site is firewalled at work ROTFL :-)

talk to u later have a good weekend