Thread: Finally felt good at a dress shop

Finally felt good at a dress shop

went to good will today and picked out a nice skirt and top,,, was the same old ,,,no notice me and I paid and left,,nothing special but on the way home I stopped at a dress shop that sells prom and formal dresses,,no guy stuff,, Just a sales lady in her 50's was there and I walked in with a smile and got the 50 questions,,, need any help--No just looking but thank you,,,,, Let me know if I can help---thank you,,,,, Is it a gift,,,No not really,,,,, Has she ever been in here because of wish list wifes leave for the hubby----No she has never been in here,,,,, I said you sure have pretty stuff and her reply was thank you,,, she never said anything to me that would think she knew I was shopping for myself,,,I left with no purchase though,,,FROWN,,, didnt have the cash and didnt want to spend with a card,,, she said thanks and come back with the wife anytime,,,

Now thats said,,,,do you think she knew for real>? And if so why didnt she break the ice with me as I was really playing it well with being happy and taking my time browsing...

You should have told her you were looking for yourself to see her reaction. I bet she had at least 1 or 2 cd'ers before you.

With the decline of the economy, dress shops and spas would probably be more than happy to sell us dresses or do mannies and Peddies or style our hair since their regulars have cut back on how often they come in for that stuff.

shopping

Unless the shop was very close to your home you probably should have told her that you were looking for a dress for yourself. I have found that SA's are very comfortable with helping us out whether in drab or enfemme
    Janet

Yes it was close to home but wanting to take the chance,,, Not sure if I should or not..

Quote Originally Posted by marykrissmithcd View Post
    You should have told her you were looking for yourself to see her reaction.
    Agreed, have some fun, I do it a lot, whats the worst that can happen.

The store is in business for one reason, to sell dresses. She will most likely be happy to help you choose a dress whether it is for your wife, for you or for your pet gorilla.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.