Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever think about making your crossdressing easier?

Ever think about making your crossdressing easier?

Hiya, just a quick question?

I often think about getting laser surgery to remove my facial hair because i hate shaving and quite a few times i haven,t bothered dressing because i couldn,t face shaving.

Does anyone else think about doing things to make their crossdressing easier?
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 11-08-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: missed out a word

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Oh yes! In fact I am going through this very thought process... to laser or not to laser.... that is the question! I definitely prefer the lighter makeup styles, and find covering the beard area to be my biggest challenge. I have been considering the time I spend shaving and covering, the cost of shaving products, makeup, and other stuff that goes along with that, and the benefit to my skin by not having to constantly shave, moisturize, cover, clean, moisturize... an-infinitum... It doesnt seem all that expensive and outlandish.

One advantage here is, with the economy the way it is, the cosmetic places are HUNGRY! They have seen a dramatic falloff in clientele, and are willing to give bigger discounts just to pay the bills. You must weigh whether you feel they will still be around in 6 months, if you want to buy a package. But other than that, this is a buyers market right now! I made a couple of inquiries by phone and email, and have gotten very positive replies. I just need to take some time and get a few consultations, to help fill in the blanks so to speak! Help me decide what I want to do.

So, YES!

Eve

Banned Read only
    I'm not a hairy "guy" in any respect so facial hair takes minutes to get rid of before applying my makeup. But I could see it could be very helpful for anyone with a heavy beard.

Debrorah, sweety there is not a day goes by when I will think of this or that to find an easier way to make dressing easier. Whether it's shaving or whatever, I find shortcuts such as when I get ready for work I underdress to make the transition after work easier. It does serve two purposes, feeling good all day on the job but also making it easier after work. Keli

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    I actually have a very light beard, cant even grow a respectable mustache. I have dark brown hair, and very light skin... so what I do have shines through unless I get aggressive with my makeup treatments.

Eve

Heck yeah I think of the whole laser thing, mainly because I hate shaving my chest daily - Oh my it gets so sore sometimes. Cost though - Ouch!! I just wish I could find a cheaper way to get the hair to stop

[SIZE=4]I have definitely considered getting rid of the facial hair. My dad has always had a beard that I can remember and I just don't think it is me.

As for other things....long hair removes need for wig, tanning salon helps the look, and I am learning to chose cloths that will cover where needed but, look good to me.

Brina
    [/SIZE]

Were my life different, perhaps. But it's just not in the cards for me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Yes, I have thought about it quite a lot for the same reasons you state. Even though I have a light beard (most of mine is mustache and chin area, min. on cheeks) I still have to use blemish cover under the foundation to really conceal the light shadow.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I need to figure a way to get the hair on my face to grow on the top of my head

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Yes - although I've been thinking more about electrolysis lately rather than laser.
    ColleenW

Nope. I have never consider it.

my facial hairs are not too noticeable and I don't have too much of a blue tinge so i can go out without foundation and get away with it. i go unshaven a couple of days before an outing and this tends to give a really good and close shave. i have considered laser surgery but think it would be a waste of time and effort as i am only out about twice a week. if i move towards fulltime then it would become important and i could justify the cost

mitch

Interesting though.

I'll say this, I just don't like shaving in general.
    I will wear a goat-t most of the time because it saves time and is less I have to shave when I do. I just trim it with a trimmer till I decide to take it off.
    I think I happen to look good with a goat-t but its seems like 9 of 10 GG's I talk to say I look better clean shaven.

As much as I like my occasional winter beard & goat-ts the though of never having them again is something I would be willing to live with if the trade off was knowing I didn't have to shave ever again for the next 30+ years of my life.

30+ years is a lot shaving to still have to do.lol
    Almost makes doing something like that a good idea, for any guy.
    I have yet to ever have a GG turn me down by her using the line:
    Eww your face is so clean shaven go away, lol.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Hi
    I am with Stacy on this , if I could transfer all the hair on my body to the top of my head I would be a very happy and a lot more feminine cross dresser !
    I guess I will continue to dream about that happening !
    Tomara

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post

I often think about getting laser surgery to remove my facial hair because i hate shaving and quite a few times i haven,t bothered dressing because i couldn,t face shaving.

Erm .... HELL YES !

Try keeping 'de-fuzzed' every couple days, while in-between sessions at the laser clinic

Growing my own nails so i don't have to 'faff around' with false ones, but i do get the odd look when drab ;-)

Using femme shower gel/ body cream and body spray so i always smell girlie ( which keeps me 'chilled out' when i can't dress )

Keeping guy clothes in the spare room and jules stuff in main bedroom treble wardrobe ( and all fave items on hangars, at one end - so easily accessible )

Cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day to keep face nice etc etc ( this also helps razor rash )

And ... when laser is finished i will be 'smooth as a babies bum' OR 'bald as a coot' from the lower eyelashes downwards - cant wait !

I'm sure there are other things i do but they habit now so i forget teehee

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar

Absoulutely. Just from reading the title, my first thought was laser - especialy since I had a session today. Great mind think alike. lol

Beyond that it is mostly just practice to do things faster. Some things are a give & take. I save 30 min shaving now i spend that on my (real) hair. I recently added false eylashes to my routine - add 5 min. Best thing I can do now to save time is regular upkeep and pre prepping so when I actually get ready there is less to do.

Gen

I don't mind shaving. I rather enjoy shaving my legs and chest, but I never imagined that I would have to do it every day or two. I assumed I did a pretty good job shaving my face before dressing, but looking closely at pictures from last weekend I realize that I had a 5 oclock shadow within a couple of hours of the shave. I'll be looking for some better cover, but it will be awhile before I start thinking of lasers (but go ahead and research it for me girls).

I thought about Laser, however it is way outside my budget.

I'd like to do electrolysis on my face, and some errant hairs around the ol' bod. But face is first! I've already lasered off two tattoos. Ouch.

Another thing i,m thinking about is getting my tattoos removed by laser too, as at the moment i can,t wear short sleeved or sleeveless tops

Quote Originally Posted by Eve_WA View Post
    I actually have a very light beard, cant even grow a respectable mustache.
    I like the way you put that Eve. I can say that I cannot grow anything respectable in the goatee area (close, but not quite, it ends up looking like a mad porcupine if I let it go for a couple weeks). And I'd be surprised if I were able to grow even 100 pieces of fur combined on both sides between the goatee and ears so I'm super lucky there. This is what led me to my plucking obsession before outings and yes, one day I would love to embark on some electrolysis treatments to thin the trees a bit, making the plucking a little less time consuming.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Another thing i,m thinking about is getting my tattoos removed by laser too, as at the moment i can,t wear short sleeved or sleeveless tops
    When I did it I used the Ruby and YAG lasers. There's a bit of scarring, but not too much. Barely, noticable. On one, there is no scarring and you can't even tell there was anything there. It's expensive but worth it, you can see in my profile that on my lower arms there is nothing noticable. Now I can wear short sleeves. I do have two tattoos on my shoulders that are covered up. But, when I have more money, I want to do those two. Then I am free! That's what I get for trying to be a macho man and denying myself. Good luck!

[SIZE=4]Ever think about making your crossdressing easier?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Absolutely since I dress daily. I was fortunate to be able to have laser treaments on my face and neck and they have drastically helped with shaving. Shaving in the early morning lasts well into the late night hours. I need more treatments to eleiminate more hair, but the hair that is remaining is lighter in color so the laser may not impact them as well.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When I have a spare few minutes I pre-style wigs so that I can just pop one on and go (I wish that would ever really happen), since I take off my false nails nightly there is a certain amount of maintenance when I take them off and I have to have more ready for the following day and take care of my natural nails so that they don't get too thin and hurt like hell.. Same thing for my toenails, I wear acrylics there but must have them touched-up every two weeks. Every time I dress I take pictures, then when I can I look to see what areas need progress or discover how crappy I actually looked that day. Then I take action the next time.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I try to pick out my clothes the day before but I always seem to change my mind, and I carry spare shoes to and from work just in case. I carry a bag in my car in case I need to change out of femme self and I have snacks and drinks in the car, in case I seem to miss a meal and simply can't go on without something to eat or drink. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Dressing daily is a more than fulltime job, and I love every minute of it.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I've had electrolysis and my beard is gone, it's SOOOO!!! nice not to have to shave. I also get my body waxed periodically. No shaving for three to four weeks. I just love to be able to get ready without touching a razor!!

Huggs, Renee