Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going under the knife!!!!

I'm going under the knife!!!!

Well it's come I'm going under the knife on Tuesday to have my gall bladder out LOL it's only took them 18 years to get me sorted and not before time coz its chronic now. Irf everything goes ok it should just be key hole surgery but with it being chronic I know there is a chance that they may have to do full surgery If its only key hole I will be off work two weeks if it's full it will be six weeks!!! I'm not looking forward to looking after myself after major surgery but I did after my two children as I had sections with both of them lol my ex husband did nothing to help infact he went back to work as soon as I came out of hospital and it was a nightmare caring for two children after major surgery, a baby and a very active three year old.
    Lol it will save me some money coz i will be on a special diet apparently after the opp. OMG I've lost a stone lately although I guess some more weight won't hurt, infact it will be better for my asthma xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Ah, Felix your having a bouncing baby gallbladder ! My father had the keyhole type surgery on his gallbladder around 70 yrs. he was back getting around amazing fast. He did have to lay off the fried pork chops with gravy he loved so much.

Good luck with the op Felix.

Had mine removed over 20 years ago, oh was I glad to get rid of it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Thanx ladies xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I think this thread should be done for misrepresentation.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Well it's come I'm going under the knife on Tuesday to have my gall bladder out
    And there wuz I, all set to wish you congratulations...

Been there, a couple of years ago - it's not big deal, honest. The keyhole scars fade pretty quickly.

Make sure you drink several litres of fluid a day for the first two days, to wash the anaesthetic out of your system - that's what makes you feel ill? And don't be surprised if your shoulders feel sore afterwards - it's 'cos they pressure your thorax, to get at everything through the keyholes?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Good luck. I hope you're not too worried.

Hi Nicki and thanx Hun I will do that and will remember about the shoulders xx

Hi Zen and thanx for ya support my friend xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Coda...

Smile

Best hope for a speedy recovery...be over before you know it and you will feel better...

Felix wishing you well, I had mine also done many years ago and it is a wonderful thing LOL. Wishing you well honey and a speddy recovery. BTW dont lift anything heavy or stetch to pick anything up, kick it aside and it will still be there when you are well LOL. Joann0830

Hang in there Felix, waking up in recovery seems to be the worst part. Healing time is pretty quick no matter which way they access it - we had to go the full route but it only took about 3 weeks to fully heal. Cheated though, wore an ace bandage wrapped round my middle and went back to work 2 days later

It's funny but they say to stay away from peanuts and deep fried foods after having it out, have only met a few folks that couldn't tolerate both in small amounts at meals.

Good luck!!
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Awwww Thanx peeps Yeah I've been told to watch what I eat after but I'm not a meat eater so that should help hopefully xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Good luck Felix! Hope everything goes smoothly and you feel better soon.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Banned Read only
    Good luck and hope it all goes well. What does a gall bladder do exactly?

I had mine out a few years back. I had a stone the size of a golf ball. Not a big deal. They went though the belly button. A few days and I was as good as new. Just watch the fatty foods after the surgery.

Thanx Kerrianna and Stephanie

Hi Suzi and thanx The gall bladder is full of bile which helps to emulsify fats and neutralizes acids in foods which are only partly digested. So when mine is gone I will have to be careful of fatty foods lol which isn't a bad thing at all. But I'm really careful now as the amount of pain I had duribg the last attack was so bad I couldn't keep anything down for days!!! xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Platinum Member
    Felix i Hope you recover quickly...................

Awwww! Thanx Wendy xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Good luck for tuesday Felix, will keep you in my thoughts
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Thanx Sheila Hun xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Banned Read only
    So when can we see your gall bladder on Ebay?

LOL@gallbladder on ebay Suzie thats really funny!!! Anyways who would wanna have a washed out old bag of mine anyways xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

LOL@gallbladder on ebay Suzie thats really funny!!! Anyways who would wanna have a washed out old bag of mine anyways xx Felix
    you are kidding ..... for that exotic holiday "Braclaycrd", for that new car " TSECO vouchers" ..... for your Gall bladder " EBAY" priceless
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

hi Felix

theres nowt to worry about hun. i had my gaul bladde removed back in March by key hole. i was also told they may have to do full surgery but 3 or 4 days after the key hole i was right as rain.

good luck but dont worry!!

paula xx

Awwwww! thanx Paula very reasuring hun xx

Sheila you are so funny but still think nobody would want any part of me let alone my gall bladder lol xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Awwwww! thanx Paula very reasuring hun xx

Sheila you are so funny but still think nobody would want any part of me let alone my gall bladder lol xx Felix
    you don't just want anybody to have you hun .... you deserve and WILL find that special person .. just you listen to aunty Sheila