Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GG make up Party

Be careful that you don't make this day about you, it's her wedding.
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

well got the date for this,,its going to be in june and the ladys are all excited,,buying alot of props and I cant wait,,this is going to be a fun party..
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

remember we want pics lol
    hope you have a great time no matter what happens

They may figure you out when you are the one having the biggist time !
    Sounds like a lot of fun
    Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Aspiring Member
    you yourself said that many are reading too much into this. first, it's your sister wedding so don't distract from her. maybe the term maid of honor is the wrong thing to use here, but i don't think your sister would call you her best man. this is not about crossdressing. the night of the party, you having your hair and nails done, could be about a man. now if you sister has the kind of sense of humor that she takes your idea of a fashion consultant and has you dress at the party, you could wear a demure dress and make it a fun night and maybe a lasting memory.

so far I have spent about 300 dollars on the party props,, got all kinds of stuff so too much to mention,,,the only thing I need now is a blow up man doll for the girls to kick around that night...

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinebrookes View Post
    Just beacause she asked you to Maid of Honour, doesn't make it an invitation to CD. It could be something as simple as she want's you to share in her special day by playing an important part. I think that the invitation shows you how much she loves you as a brother.

I'd excercise caution on the cding part unless she specifically asks you if you go along with it. Don't push it too far. You may end up spoiling her day.

If I'm wrong about this then I apologise
    I would have to agree with this. You might consider sitting down with your sister, and talk to her about why she asked you to be her maid-of-honor; and what she expects from you. After you put her on the spot and she responds, you could tell her that it is the nicest thing that could have happened to you; and you love her for that. If she were to mention that she knew that you were a CD, then you could talk about it; other wise don't mention it as what was mentioned before, it might spoil her day.
    Dana Ryan

This is your sister's day, but......placing the idea in her and her friends head is a great idea. Let them just get the idea, then say around a certain day in October, say the 31st, bring up the party and the idea again and see if they will help give you a full makeover as a halloween costume.

Awhile back, I used to hang out with this group of girls and I threw the idea of dressing up as one because I was the only make that hung out with the group. That year for Halloween they give me a full makeover. I played off that I was emberrased, but I loved every moment of it.

So, just throw the idea out there, then let it kind of go aaway, then bring it back up around the end of August, begining of October and see what happens.

Last edited by MelodyS.; 01-17-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: I can't spell :P

wife talked with me last night,she said if you get pressured into makeup say no,, you will enjoy it way to much and you will let on so maybe it would be a good idea not to do this,, so I will say no on the makeup when they pressure me,, if all goes well the wife said she will pressure me into it but dont get excited,,she told me this last night as she was painting my toe nails..

Quote Originally Posted by crossdrezzer1 View Post
    I agree,,,alot of you are reading way to much into all this,,,I dont think anyone knows and she asked me because we are close,, I will play shy at the party and think sis will want me involved so they will make up me for giggles.. I will allow it and get the nails also with shyness,,, then my master plan is to say good thing I didnt have a fashion consoltent to throw into their minds about a dress,,, its my party for my sis so I will make it as girly as I can,,,what a great opertunity to do girl stuff wityh a group of girls,,, as for coming out,,, I dont think so........
    "Shyness" could be an asset here. If you dress a bit androgenously and don't "take charge" in a macho manner, then the women there will probably forget that you are a guy and will go on with the girl stuff. You shouldn't stay out in the fringes though but just participate as you want to.

When it comes to the Wedding itself, there's tons of advice for the Maid of Honor available online. Prepare a "crash kit" in advance with stuff your sister or some of the other girls might need like tissues, hairspray, safety pins, etc.(you can find suggestions for this online too). It's your job to be helpful and supportive as your sister gets ready.

Have a wondrful time!

I think you should be immensely flattered! I am also glad to hear you are keeping your perspective and are going to make sure you do what you can to keep the night about her. If there's one night in the world that should be about a girl or woman, thats it.
    I hope you do an awesome job for her and give her happy and fun memories she will keep for the rest of her life. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    I would have to agree with this. You might consider sitting down with your sister, and talk to her about why she asked you to be her maid-of-honor; and what she expects from you. After you put her on the spot and she responds, you could tell her that it is the nicest thing that could have happened to you; and you love her for that. If she were to mention that she knew that you were a CD, then you could talk about it; other wise don't mention it as what was mentioned before, it might spoil her day.
    Ditto,
    I have a feeling your family knows already, and just waiting for you to come out of your shell..this could be a little push from them, maybe, just maybe..

I mean lets get real everyone!, How many weddings have Any of you gone to that had a male as a Maid of Honor??? Tell the truth now.. And I've Never heard of a male being invited to the girls party either unless he was a stripper.. all of this is not Normal by any means.

I think it's a good opportunity to have a little girl talk with your sister right NOW, and ask her about all this, (Like Sis, Why do you want me as your Maid of Honor, I mean Really, are you trying to tell me something?) and then let HER spill the beans, if you know what I mean. wink

But even if it does come all out, I think it would be for the best not to wear a gown at the wedding, because you don't want to take anything away from HER day.

BUT,,,,,,

IF she Asked you to, then that would be a whole different story.. wouldn't that be like a dream come true?

Something is up here for sure..so enjoy it if you can.& let us know either way, this could get very interesting.

Take Care,
    Karen

I am not invited to the party,,, I am the one throwing it,, cant invite myself to my own home,, its my job to throw it,, I did ask if she wanted me to step away after the party was planned and decorated and when the door opened for the guest and she said no way,,your the host for my party,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    Ditto,
    I have a feeling your family knows already, and just waiting for you to come out of your shell..this could be a little push from them, maybe, just maybe..

I mean lets get real everyone!, How many weddings have Any of you gone to that had a male as a Maid of Honor??? Tell the truth now.. And I've Never heard of a male being invited to the girls party either unless he was a stripper.. all of this is not Normal by any means.

I think it's a good opportunity to have a little girl talk with your sister right NOW, and ask her about all this, (Like Sis, Why do you want me as your Maid of Honor, I mean Really, are you trying to tell me something?) and then let HER spill the beans, if you know what I mean. wink

But even if it does come all out, I think it would be for the best not to wear a gown at the wedding, because you don't want to take anything away from HER day.

BUT,,,,,,

IF she Asked you to, then that would be a whole different story.. wouldn't that be like a dream come true?

Something is up here for sure..so enjoy it if you can.& let us know either way, this could get very interesting.

Take Care,
    Karen

San Francisco girl
    I have to act embarresed so I dont out myself
    I think there is many a man, non-CD, who could have fun with this opportunity. Think of it... one man in a room with dozens of women; going to clubs with them; partying with them all night! I know a lot of non-CD guys who would wear anything and submit to anything to spend an evening at a bachlorette party.

I say don't act shy or embarrassed. Just act adventurous, and open to anything. Go along with whatever they want. They'll love you more for it. Sure, you'll get teased, but let it roll off of your back and enjoy the benefits.

Wendi

I love to Dress
    I totally agree you should let your sister in that at least you think it will be fun....to dress....and you should invite someone to do outfits too...you should get an average size and let them know yours as well....you should totally go for it

wife talked with me last night,she said if you get pressured into makeup say no,, you will enjoy it way to much and you will let on so maybe it would be a good idea not to do this,, so I will say no on the makeup when they pressure me,, if all goes well the wife said she will pressure me into it but dont get excited,,she told me this last night as she was painting my toe nails..
    Amy, you go girl & have a great time. Just let the fun flow