Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Young crossdressers, where are you?

Banned Read only
    Since the world is more alternative these days, at least in some countries, TG ppl are coming out and coming out earlier than ever.

With the advent and huge expansion of the internet, confused kids are growing up with an idea of what they could be. They are educating themselves at earlier age, and meeting like-minded ppl that can help them on their journey to their trueselves.

A best friend TS of mine who was my gf at one point in time, and my first TS girlfriend, and first TS I actually got to know was confused and at 13 thought she was gay or bi. She started researching on the internet about TG and learned she was without a doubt TS at age 15 and at that time ran away to her gf's house in another state where the girl's parents let her dress.

I also wondered if I was bi, because the mainstream mass media had portrayed TG persons as freaks that "no one wants to be" so that turned me off at an early age of thinking that was a possibility for me. Now I'm a full blown MTF TS with a sexual orientation including all genders.

So with the internet, less discrimination, and more freedom, we are coming out sooner and learning about who we are sooner.

Empress of Awesome
    I'm 29, but I tend to act like I am somewhere between 9 and 90, do I count as young?

28 is that still young
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

18 Here

Banned Read only
    Marina Twelve, I totally understand what you meant about dimophism...The difference between the roles and presentation of the genders in the olden daze.....

But on the otherhand I disagree with the logic that there are more older ones that are out.

I think alot of the older ones are in the closet still because of the social impression made on them earlier in those decades you mentioned... I might be wrong...Maybe they're just there......Maybe the older ones are just existing.

But these younger ones like 30 and younger, as young as anyone old enough to go on the internet and get a little freedom and identity are surely coming out sooner and learning about their identity and their true selves earlier in life.

I see a whole lot of teen and young adult under 25 TG's in my experience in real life. The suburban kids found it thru the internet mostly and understood what they were and felt more comfortable with themselves and came out....
    And the innercity urban ones (Yes alot of my TG friends are black, at least half of them)...Well they learned in a sadder situation....They looked up to the TS and CD hookers that were well known in their urban neighborhoods that walked Nebraska Ave. everynight. When they got of age to start talking to them they kind of graduated into their shoes and many black TG girls I know transitioned right after highschool when they were 18 and old enough to walk with the older girls in 'tha hood. The older ones taught them how to make gaffs, how to apply makeup, how to properly take hormones, and got their own hormones by their connection from the older established transgirl's.

yay

I have been around for 27 years
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

22, ts. loads of us are 22, that's so the best age.... (lies!)

hey there, im a 24 year young one
    Dosed By You

Banned Read only
    I also need to add one of the most important points I have that might show a reason why old ones in public seem to outnumber young ones.

We pass so well! I was telling my mom that everyday in public she's around transpeople she just doesn't know because many are so dedicated, and others so young that they pass so well and few people can clock their T.

I still get clocked sometimes, but I pass for the most part, even as a woman who is bigger than most GG's are.

Take my word for it, the young under 30 crowd passes REALLY well for the most part. I am large framed and tall but I pass because my face and head is soft and feminine, and my body is curvy, and plus I am on hormones.

I found that alot of my under 33 friends who are in decent shape and use proper femme mannerisms and voice pass just like a genetic girl their age.

That is why we are hard to detect.
    Even I have trouble clocking people's T in public, but I know what to look for. I think the young ones just tend to blend in more.

I'm not saying anything bad about old CD's and TS's and TG's in general at all. I'm just trying to say that age takes it's toll.

But makeup is an amazing thing, if properly used the illusions are amazing.
    I know plenty of DQ's who are their gay male self most the time and have real short or bald hair and then they put on their Drag Get Up and they look like really fabulous, festive, glamorous divas.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I just turned 22 two months ago.

27 here

Wow, and while I was waiting for my account to be activated, I was wondering if I was going to be the younger one or not!

haha, I'm 21, been dressing since I was maybe 11~12

27. I've been hiding in Texas.

I'm 27 even tho it says 28 on my profile (for some reason when I joined I didn't want to give my real birthday)

26 here.

CD/Metal Head/Gamer/Otaku Saren's Avatar
    22 here. In north-east IL.

23 here not the most active though, most of the time just lurking.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    27year old TG here
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

I'm 29, so I guess I just fit into this category!

Crystal

I be 21 and a half years old.
    "The privelage of a lifetime is being who you are."

- Joseph Campbell

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelia View Post
    explain and/or translate for us lay people. It sounds interesting, but I am not sure I know what you are talking about.
    Sexual Dimorphisim is the degree of "difference" in dress, physicality and behaviour between the sexes in a society (di-morphisim=two forms)
    The theory is that the greater the degree of dimorphisim (how drastically the two forms differ), the more tendancy there is for CDing in said society.

In past times there was more dimorphisim between the sexes than recent times---thus a greater percent of the older population CDs than the younger population.

Age...

I'm 28 years old...I'm more comfortable now than ever with my fem side...I have a great supportive SO. ANy others my age in South Florida area?

18, freshman in college.
    Not from south florida area...but I'm in Tampa for what it's worth.
    Very supportive SO. I've probably dressed more with her than ever with anything else.

28 Here, although I fit in more with the younger 20's crowd seeing how I'm still in Undergrad!!! Anyone from the South??

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    23 CDer here.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 18-25 yr old CDer section on here. Takes a bit to find on the front page, but it's there, trust me
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”