Thread: Strong Marriage

Strong Marriage

After opening up to my wife, reading posts of (not only) GGs here, and thinking about my marriage and marriage in general I decided to write things down as a reminder (not only) to myself how to keep (my) marriage happy. Comments of GGs and CDs are welcomed.

Accepting wife – obviously
    Accepting husband – seems obvious too (if I'm not happy with my wife's hairstyle, her choice of practical clothes instead of sexy clothes, her refusal to wear earrings, etc I can't expect her acceptance, can I)
    Being comfortable with myself – I saw this one mentioned several times on this forum. Very true. It is hard to live with someone who isn't accepting of himself (no matter what the reason).
    Balance – finding the right balance between male/female modes (or whatever you want to call it) that works for both of the partners. If I dress too often my wife is going to miss her husband. If I don't dress often enough I'm going to miss Clara. Not sure how this works for CDs that lean more towards the femme side.
    Be a husband – I know this is closely related to the issue of finding the right balance. But (in my opinion) it is extremely important so why not mention it again.
    Openness and communication – of course

As I said, your opinions will be appreciated.
    Clara

Sounds good to me. My wife and I have pretty much the same checklist.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Hit the nail

Clara,
    I think that has probably summed up alot of why I am so accepting of my partner. There is a sense of Balance, he doesn't dress every waking hour, he is the man when I want him to be, he does accept the fact that if I dont feel like getting dressed up then I dont. And the biggest thing is that he accepts who he is with no hang ups. It must be very difficult living with someone who is constantly having a personality crisis because if he isn't happy with who he is then how can you ever hope to be.
    Take care
    Bev

Clara, thanks nice post ... oww how I dreamed of such
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Clara, well said, and I would add concentrate on the positive, and don't dwell on the negative. I know that is not always easy, but negative people just are not fun to spend time with
    Tina

So true Tina. Although I had never really taken that much notice of CDs before meeting my fella, I have to say the ones that really get my attention now are those that are chilled out and dress for fun. They also seem to be the ones that people accept more quickly because they are fun to be around , dont take life in general too seriously, and are totally comfortable with who they are so you dont feel you are walking on egg shells around them all the time.
    Bev