Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your hair length/colour preferences?

Your hair length/colour preferences?

Just curiosity, really. I wondered what hair colour/length you prefer to be, or would prefer to be if you could, or if you swap between colours/lengths according to mood?

Just to start things rolling, I prefer hair half-way down my back and shades between red/auburn/chestnut.

How about you girls?
    Last edited by Sarah Martin; 11-17-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

I'm really into short hair right now.. My favorite is my current avatar taken last week.. Short bob... Light brown with auburn highlights... I also have a slightly longer almost and a medium length bobs.. Couple short flips.. And various length longer hair.... Off blonde to brunette to auburn... I love them all...

I really want an inverted bob which is all the rage but so hard to find in a wig... Might be able to find an old page boy and cut it to an inverted bob
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-17-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Depends. I have about 12 hair pieces, different lengths/colors. I prefer blonde, it's just my color. I also prefer long hair, but I do wear short hair in the pool so I don't have to pin my hair up to prevent getting it wet. Also, depending where I am going for the simple reason I may not want to look to sexy/glamorous and be out of place in that enviroment. If it's really windy out I tend to wear shorter wigs, less tangling. Buy lots of wigs and experiment. Just remember, look to fit in where ever you are going.

I have yet to find a long hair style that works for me ... except maybe just tied straight back ... bobs seem to work best for me.

Color? My natural chestnut brown is fine, but I sometimes think black might be fun.

I like strange colors like red and purple. I used to have hair almost to my waist a long time ago and I'd give myself Top Knots,Updos and beehives. I dyed it and frost and tip streaked it until some of my hair strands turned green and orange. For a long time I kept it cut "at the shoulder" which is a style I've always admired. I cut it short for awhile and I gave myself bouffaints. I got a short haircut years ago and I switched to wigs which are less hassle,I think. But I can apreciate "doing your own hair" which some girls do. Recently I bought a wig from the fifi mahony website. It's a red and purple pageboy/bouffant kind of deal. It's sort of a "B-52".

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    i would like my hair to be a bit lighter, than it is (at the moment, it's medium to dark brown), and a bit longer, so it's easier to put in a ponytail when i dress (at the moment it's shoulder length)
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

I am not sure

I love the red feminine colors that are being used by so many but I am not sure they would look on good on me. The hair in my avatar is mine and I only wish I did not have so much gray. But I have been told it looks nice in a salt and pepper, so maybe I will get used to it.

I have thought about highlights and color but I really do not want to damage my hair. Right now it is just growing and I am not sure where I will end up. I do wish I could add bangs but it would be a lot of trouble in male mode.

I also like those modern purple and loud red highlight a lot but that is my youthful spirit talking. It would probably be out of place on a girl my age. But you never know...
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Smile Your hair length/colour preferences?

I have around 15 wigs - they vary from short for that sport look to mid back length - it all depends on what I am wearing and the mood I am in what one I wear - the one I wear mostly is a light brown shoulder length one - my fav - it just flows on my shoulders - I have various colors from blond, light brown and black wigs. The are all lovely ones - love them all.

Most of the time blonde to the shoulder and sometime black to the shoulder.
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    My blonde wig. I'd feel naked without it!
    Last edited by avril findlay; 11-17-2008 at 11:37 AM.

I have mid-back length straight hair, and I've been happy with that for years, though I'd like to be able to trim hair up front for something along the lines of bangs or otherwise different - though would be hard to hide in drab. I've one one wig now with just beyond shoulder lenngth hair and it has bangs (my gf says it's SO 80's but I don't care. ;-} ). Either way, the longer the better.

For colors, no blonde for me, brunettes or an auburn brown / red highlights.. or black.

Long and dirty blonde for this chickDaviolinhttp://flickr.com/photos/daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I prefer my hair to be a shade of brunette. But I'm a sucker for blondes, and I'd like to experiment with some shades of blonde as well. And I like long hair. At present, it's about midway down my back, and I really like it that length.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I always thought I would want longer (hip) hair, but trial and error I have found shoulder length or a little longer give me my best looks, not sure on what colour makes me look best yet, but even thou blondes have more fun, I tend to lean towards brown. My natural colour

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Martin View Post
    or if you swap between colours/lengths according to mood?

How about you girls?
    Oh dear I just LOVE hair! A woman's crown and glory indeed!

For me, I am new and have not found one settled look for me. I am very biased towards long hair, but have tried several lengths. I own 4 real human hair wigs and 2 synthetic....ranging from waist length to shoulder. I have tried a few short ones...but they have to be somethng special and cute. Red, black, brunette and blonde...depending on mood and my outfit. Mix and match is half the fun! I also find bangs are great for hiding those manly brows!

The synthetic wigs photograph well but I am in the real ones 99% of the time...it feels so natural and soft.

I could chat about hair all day! Enjoy!
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Content and Happy
    My hair is all mine. It's about 6" below my shoulders, blonde/brown. Blonde when it's dry. I use baby oil to get more curls and it gets a little darker. I've let my bangs grow long, which gives me so many more ways to wear it.

Lanore
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

All of my wigs are blonde or red/auburn. I think that I look much better as a smouldering honey blonde in shades, medium length.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Shoulder lenght and need of highlites....dirty blond(the color that is)

Take a guess?
    I think my avatar says it all really

Medium bob to shoulder length. Auburn with mdest highlights.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love my hair as it is, long (almost to my butt) and brunette.

I do want to dye it purple though....

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I LOVE my hair...Just can't decide WHICH hair I love the best... Anyone who's seen my pics...Know I've worn all different styles, lengths, and colors of hair...Although I'm more partial to the "reds, chestnut/brown mixes"...I don't generally do the shorter styles...I will make an exception to an "updo" on occasion...( I know...not technically a "short" style..LOL ) I mainly keep the hair length to right at my shoulders to just below...Anything longer tends to be a little more of a handful to manage...[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

My own hair is a bit past my shoulders (long enough for a pony-tail). I just wish it wasn't so thin on top! As for colors and styles I'm not sure what works best for me, but I do like sort of honey/golden blonde (my own hair is more of a light/meium brown, although I've been told there's a hint of red in there).

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Really long Ash or Strawberry blonde with highlights. Just love it!

*hugs*

Zara
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I prefer long hair and the color that seems to work for me is this one in my picture album http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...pictureid=6648
    Last edited by Carroll; 11-18-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    Drumming, My other hobby