Thread: Having the right equipment

Having the right equipment

Over the past month, I have taken my dressing to a new level. I purchased a couple of wigs and some breast forms. It is amazing how having the right equipment changes things. Right now I feel so pretty and feminine that I just want to hold on to this feeling. Unfortunately I have to revert back to male mode in a few hours. But that is ok because I like my male side too. Right now I am just savoring the moment.

Stephanie, it's always a sad moment when we realize we have to revert back to male mode. But you do get to anticipate and plan your next trip to "the wild side."

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so you should savor the moment. I try to live in the moment whenever I'm dressed, because I know I'm going to have to go back to guy mode soon. Being dressed is a very blissful state most of the time. And having nice hair, nice boobs, and nice clothes really makes the moments better. And when your makeup is done just right, it's heaven. I'm very glad for you that you've found a good spot and that you're enjoying it. Savor the moment!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieT View Post
    It is amazing how having the right equipment changes things.
    Indeed! ... I've known a few crossdressers that spent a fortune on clothes but have had a really obvious wig that didn't do a thing for them. A high quality wig that suits you is a must (as is good makeup application). I also think good breast forms and hip and bottom pads are important.

The other thing with "having the right equipment" is that it gives you confidence (it does to me anyway). It's about pushing forward all those feminine signals and hiding all those masculine ones. The latest "piece of equipment" I've just got is a Diva bra from Classic Curves. It really improves by cleavage in low cut tops! Much easier than taping IMHO.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

real ale for real people Janicejane's Avatar

Smile I agree

Having the right equipment is important I agree, what most should also know is that being yourself is far more important. Feeling happy with yourself whether at home or out and about is very important, and will also make for a great evening out or at home. Accept yourself and others naturally do should be your aspiration. Fun can be had in many places, whether in the closet or out.

Hugs
    Janice
    xxxx

Stephanie,
    I agree with you in that when we move forward our confidence and our felling of growing is wonderful. I just purchased another set of forms and they will be delivered in a day or so but each time we go shopping or dress and go out we make another step forward. I'm glad you are having fun and hope you continue. Hugs Keli

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Stephanie, just remember one thing.

Having TOO MUCH equipment can cause problems!

Oh gosh! That blouse is a slightly different shade of pink than the skirt I'm wearing! And I left my pink wig in the storage shed! Ooh, well!

The purple outfit then. Uh, the shoes u brot home r lavender! Crap!

Well, I guess it's all black tonite then! Ok, but remember, black shows NO definition in your pics!

Hey! Let's just check out CD.com and dress another time. When my head's more together!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    And so you should savor the moment. I try to live in the moment whenever I'm dressed, because I know I'm going to have to go back to guy mode soon. Being dressed is a very blissful state most of the time. And having nice hair, nice boobs, and nice clothes really makes the moments better. And when your makeup is done just right, it's heaven. I'm very glad for you that you've found a good spot and that you're enjoying it. Savor the moment!
    I agree 100%.. it's the moments that count, in whatever you wear, however you present yourself to yourself.. did that make sense?? weather you go out or just stay home, 15 minutes or two or three hours.. enjoy it...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

[SIZE=4]I am an equipment fanatic. If I don't have my stuff (equipment) quite ready I don't feel right about dressing. Many days I spend untold hours sorting and getting pieces put together for a future outing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Actually a gentleman told me yesterday that I "had the right equipment". Might he be a CD?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Equipment makes the babe externally, but your mind controls the inner woman.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/