Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you think you would stop!

Aspiring Member

Did you think you would stop!

I was wondering how many early starters were like me.
    I always thought I would stop wanting to wear womens clothes as soon as I:
    a. Got a girlfriend
    b. Had sex for the first time
    c. Had regular sex
    d. Got married
    Of course I stopped for a while at each milestone, but not for long.

Or did you just assume you were going to keep crossdressing forever?
    What about you ?

Former Member
    I knew I could never stop. I enjoy it way too much.

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar

I had no idea

Although I started at age forty, I started as an innocent exploration rife with sexuality. I had no idea that within six months I would part with all my male clothing for this jaunt I am on.
    I have no idea at this point what comes next.
    Love will find its own way through.

Smile

its like if you try you cant, it is part of who you are. good,bad ,or indifferent.

it is forever.accept and enjoy.

I knew there was no was I could stop. I always told females when I was on a date that I crossdressed. If they couldn't accept it, they were gone. Fortunatly, I now have someone in my life that accepts and encourages me.
    Hugs and Kisses: Samantha

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    did everything on your list and have not yet stopped! However I have paused a few times

I used to think it was just a phase I was going through, and that I would get over it and look back at it wondering why I did it. Now I realize that this phase has only just begun after over forty years of it!

Never

I never even thought about stopping; just ways to dress more often.
    Vicky

Thought I could stop for 30 years, then finally gave in, got ou and accepted it. Wish Id have done that allot earlier.

Cari

I am with you Susan, Victoria, and Cari. I had exactly the same feelings. I knew I would stop when I got married. And I did stop--until I realized how many nice clothes she had--in my size. And then she bought a few wigs, and ...

I swear I may try and stop again, naaaa, it is way too much fun, and a part of me that I love, I am ok with it!!!
    SusanCD

I have dressed since I was very young. I always thought I was strange and my experimentation was a fetish. I never understood why. For years, I did not dress but experimented occassionally with makeup. Since I did not understand myself, I could not come out to myself or my wife. I have known my wife for 22 years and been married for 17. Now I find myself understanding why and enjoying my dressing. So many on this forum say you should tell your SO early so she knows. There should be no surprises in a relationship. How can you tell her early when you do not understand yourself. Now I am afraid to tell her. I am very afraid she would not accept me. A dilemma I am sure many of you understand. I Know I cannot stop, I have been dressing off and on for over 40 years. How do I go forward?

Always thought the desire would disappear. Tried to quit at those milestones. REALLY tried to quit this last summer. I M P O S S I B L E !!

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by susan1974 View Post
    I was wondering how many early starters were like me.
    I always thought I would stop wanting to wear women's clothes as soon as I:
    a. Got a girlfriend
    b. Had sex for the first time
    c. Had regular sex
    d. Got married
    Of course I stopped for a while at each milestone, but not for long.

Or did you just assume you were going to keep crossdressing forever?
    What about you ?

I was like you in all the scenarios. But as I have gotten older and more knowledgeable about CDing, I know I will not stop.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile maybe

i did all those things and i even went to vietnam thinking that all of the above would cure me of doing what i always wanted to do.so your answer is we can never stop and its better to just give in and enjoy the ride.phylisanne

No, I never thought I'd stop, probably because, even at a young age, I never thought there was anything wrong with what I was doing. Indeed, I tended to be suspicious of apparently well-meaning assurances (either from people I knew or books I read that touched upon the subject) that I was only going through a "phase" with my CDing, since I tended to see them as subtle (if not downright insidious) attempts to persuade me to stop doing it. I often think that even if I do somehow lose all desire to do it (not that that seems likely), I'll keep on doing it JUST ON PRINCIPLE!

I had much the same pattern. Nowadays I do not really think about stopping directly. I would still like to, but I see it as one of those things you cannot do if you think about it. Instead I just try to understand myself and spend more time on other things which are more rewarding ... which is not always easy or practical. Straight life can be boring at times but it must be.

I did all of those things as well and figured I would stop, especially when I got married, but I realise I just can't stop. I tried to stop recently and went through a major purge, but I'm back at it again and enjoying the thrill of buying new clothes, although there are a few items I really am missing. Next on my list, and I am scared the most of this one, is telling my wife of 18 years that she is married to a crossdresser. I have no idea how that will work out, as I know from conversations that she thinks crossdressing is weird. I'd really love her acceptance as I totally adore her and want no other woman in my life, which is why I am worried about telling her. Lots of courage required, that's for sure.

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Smile

[SIZE="3"]If I were to "stop".. ( not that I would ever want to or be able to stop ) it would be denying part of who I am...I know one thing..Kendra is who I am...and I can't imagine my life without her in it...She is me...I am her...[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I've done everything on your list except getting married and I love crossdressing today as much as I did the first time I pulled on a skirt! For me wearing female clothing is as natural as breathing.

When I was younger I always thought crossdressing would be part of my life forever. AS I got into my teen years I thought it was just a phase that would pass as soon as I started dating or when I got married. However when I was 20 I realized I would always have the urge to dress at some time so I accepted that fact.

Trying to stop put to much pressure on me in the past and I won't go there again.Those milestone points when I tried to distance myself from it,were not happy times in my life.Now, I can control the volume of this essential and enlightening need,keeping it where I want it.I think that if you like doing this you shouldn't try to trap the genie in the bottle,you have open it when you need to.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Went through all those milestones and did not stop at any of them! Not even for the four years I was in the Navy! No reason to stop now! I enjoy crossdressing, no desire to be a woman, just like to wear their clothes!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Happy SO of GG Pearls

No, I didn't...

Although I didn't completely understand "me"... I actually just had it in mind I wasn't going to let "my thing" keep me from having a *normal* life (you know, a spouse and kids a la The Waltons, Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver etc - ...The Waltons always used to make me cry when I was growing up, isn't that awful ? I just thought family life would be so beautiful .

Actually, I patterned my family life more closely with Paul and Linda McCartney more than anyone else (with far less money though).

Somewhat naively, I thought that marriage would be this safe place where all of my unusual-ness would be magically mated with the "perfect" person. When push came to shove though, I hid behind "acceptable" shadows of the truth.

I had a career for a long while where being "somewhat" crossdressed was part of our musical show (shadow one). I always told my wife about my lipstick fetish,.. just didn't completely explain why (shadow two). I "mothered" my young kids, and everyone just thought I was really sweet (shadow three). I always insisted on being self employed so I didn't have to "act" all day to the same people over and over (shadow four) etc. etc.

Whenever life would get really hard I would always think,.. well, I can always go off and live as a woman someday - that would definitely cure these blues for sure ! Fact is though, I continue to protect the innocents in my life and maintain my internal balance with integrity (I hope). But my wife has turned out to be the magical mate that I had envisioned after all (long story).. and actually, this site has helped us with that !
    Last edited by jina; 11-23-2008 at 12:58 AM.
    "Beauty is not Exclusive"