Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dressing yourself vs. Being dressed by another.

Dressing yourself vs. Being dressed by another.

I’m not interested in knowing who likes to xdress or what it feels like to wear a dress. There are tons of threads and posts about that. I am asking if there are CD's who specifically would like to be dressed by someone else and if there are emotional differences or issues, if any, that you can share. How is it different for you?

For example do you, or would you feel more vulnerable, more accepted, loved and cared for, more turned on, or less in control of your own image or being, if your partner were to select and put on for you each item of clothing, wig and make-up.

For most CD’ers I assume this would seem more like kinky role playing, and satisfying a fetish than dressing and being accepted. Comments?
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

I don't think that being dressed by someone would do anything for myself.
    I like to decide what I am going to wear depending on my mood for that day.
    However I would really enjoy having my makeup done for me. It is an area that I dont feel I have a total grasp of. I think I would look more fem having someone who has more expierience than I, do it.

Though I love the freedom and the excitement of dressing myself, sometimes my wife will say "Let me make you pretty tonight". No matter how many times I put on a bra or do my lips, there is something special about the feel of my wife tugging the bra starps and hooking the eyes on my bra. And when she unrolls the lipstick tube in front of my eyes and smiles at me and gives me a wink, then I know my lips will be made up with the lightest of touches and with the most precision possible. It does indeed make me feel accepted and sexy. And not being in control is a pleasure and a relief. She has never done anything to me that hasn't made me feel 100% womanly and loved.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

I have very mixed feelings about this issue. In some ways it would be nice to be dressed by someone else but in other ways, it could make me feel quite uncomfortable because half the fun of CDing is choosing an outfit etc... I mean, I usually wear quite dark colours so the thought of someone dressing me in something quite bright doesn't really appeal to me.

Saying that, I'm really not that good with make-up so having someone to help me with that and give me advice about outfits would be useful (I don't really know that much about fashion and I always seem slightly mystified when women talk about how some clothes "don't go together". I also find the whole shoes thing quite confusing).

As for how I would feel if someone dressed me, I guess it varies on the circumstances: It could make me feel quite uncomfortable, it could make me feel quite relaxed, I might feel quite beautiful, I might find it erotic (if it was in a kinky context). As I said, it depends who is dressing me and what the circumstances are

Paige I would feel more loved and accepted if I were to be dressed by a woman whom I loved and cared for. I would love for a woman to help me with my dressing because I want her input of how to dress. I have never experienced a situation where a woman that I loved were to help me, or pick an outfit to wear, it would be a turn on if a girlfriend or wife were get me dressed and touched me in the right places for an romantic encounter. I would love to have that experience.

I would think it would be very exciting to be dressed by a GG. The thought that someone (especially!!!! a loved one) is excited and interested in what I am doing is very thought provoking.
    It might be fun to shop and then be dressed by that person. Have my hair and makeup done. Sounds like fun to me!

Funny... In elementary school the local girls would play "catch the boy and put a dress on him". And I wasn't a slow runner but for some strange reason I got caught more than anyone else.

But now that really does nothing for me.. Mater of fact... The single positive aspect to having an unaccepting wife, for me, is I get to choose what I want to wear!! Its my hobby and mine alone and I'm lovin that!! Yeah!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wink Dressing

Hi Paige, (Your so cute) I enjoy the freedom (100% support) to get dressed when ever I want to(at home) and I underdress 24/7. (panties, shaved legs and painted toenails) But when my wife says "why don't you wear ...." or "I want you to put on your bra and your breast forms when we go to town" or something like that, is the BEST ! It is such a wonderful feeling, and a very strong turn on! I guess it's the fact that she will push things (being noticed) more than I will is the thrill ! I about wore my jacket out adjusting it to stay loose at wally world the other day, attemping to keep those C cups hid ! She would just smile and laugh eveytime see saw me doing it! Have a blessed day! Kaitlin
    Last edited by kaitlin; 11-25-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

My partner regularly chooses cloths for me when we are out shopping and also dresses me when we go out to dinner or a party, she has a much taste than me in what goes with what, she also helps with my makeup, On the “kinky” side she will often text me with instructions on how I am to be dressed when she comes home from work, Maid, School girl etc. All I can say is "It works for me". Katie

Being dressed up by your wife is enjoyable. It's like going to get a haircut by a woman... she sees you how other females see you and she has had years of experience making herself and others look good.

I dont have any real desire to be physically dressed by someone else in drab or enfemme. I think I would just feel silly and kinda vulnerable it may be a matter of being in control.

I have had makeovers and enjoyed that experience very much, its very relaxing and educational. Nice to be pampered for a awhile and I learned allot but I wouldnt want to have someone do it every time I got dressed.

I also like the idea of makeover shows like "What not to Wear" and wouldnt mind someone picking out a few outfits for me to try. But again thats a be pampered and educational thing.

I like the whole process of choosing an outfit and putting a look together.
    Although it would be very nice to have someone to run ideas by or pull up that pesky zipper; I really wouldnt want to give up all control of my image for any length of time.

Cari

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    Hi Paige, good topic for a thread!

Well for me I sure wouldn't say no. I like to think that I have a good sense of style (at least my daughter thinks so) She even wants to go and have spa days with me as Erica.

But a gg, weather it be a friend or a SO would be able to help me perfect my look as gg know lots more about being a girl than I do.

Although it has never happened before, but it sure would be a great experience to follow the lead of a SO. I think the greatest joy would be knowing that I'm making her happy let her do what she likes with me.

I still can't believe nobody has snatched you up. From your postings you seem to be a very well rounded, cool lady!!!

Erica
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Being dressed by another ? Its not on for me.

~Samm

The times it has happened with me via my wife, I enjoyed it. I felt like a girlfriend instead of her husband or a crossdresser. It was accepting......

I always wish she'd lace my corset and snug me in so tight.......

Id have to say it would feel a little strange if somebody dressed me, id like to think i can dress myself these days x

But id welcome tips and advice, even criticism

His Love
    I would love to dress my husband. He has wonderful taste in business casual, but sucks at dresses for himself. He always buys me beautiful things...I think he should do the same for himself. I'd like to go to the local cosmetic counter and get a make over while he watches so we can both learn tips and tricks. I am not a very Femme woman, but I would like to be....
    I would dress and make him up in a second if I knew how

Well if you're looking for a playdate I'm yours. LOL!

Seriously, I would love it. I wish my wife would help/assist/advise me on dressing/makeup/mannerisms. It would mean complete validation and acceptance from her. It would mean approval. And I would love it if she thought it was fun. I like dressing anyway, but girls give makeovers all the time and try on clothes together. At least teenage girls, I didn't get to do that. I would love it!

I would love to be dressed, and of course most appropriate if it was my wife doing the dressing! Makeup would be especially helpful too! Of course, since she doesn't want to see me dressed (at least so far) it may be awhile b4 it happens

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Interesting post Paige!

I thot u mite get some racier replies!

Dressing for me is VERY personal! And it has become very involved. I spend hours almost every time I do it. Setting it up, getting everything out, making sure things go together and fit properly. etc., etc!

I would welcome the opportunity to dress with, (or have her dress me), a special GG or SO. It would be a WAY DIFFERENT experience than my normal dressing sessions now!

I have had offers to dress WITH other CDs, and to be dressed by GGs. But, I'm not into guys, and I didn't find the GGs titillating at all! Thots of either of those accompanied CD events weirds me out!

Now, if U offered, that mite be a different story! ( As if ANYONE here wouldn't like that!)
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-25-2008 at 12:46 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

While I have not had the chance to have someone else dress me I doubt that I would care for it. A big part of my enjoyment in dressing is the very act of doing it myself. Selecting the outfits I will purchase and wear, getting the dressing just right and applying my own make up, etc. Then enjoying the end result and the feelings that go with it.

While my wife allows me to dress. she does not wish to participate. It might be fun to have her involved a bit, but I still would like to be the one in charge.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    While I don't feel any need to be physically dressed by another person, I do welcome advice on what to wear or how to wear it. I'm also happy to oblige if my SO asks me to wear something particular. It means that she's stating a preference and I can accede to that knowing it makes us both happy. Same works for her as well.

Sarah...

His Love
    I was led to believe that CD was a sexual thing. He put on women's clothes and we both got off. Since being here, I wonder....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I try to tell my wife what to wear she get mad and the same for me. I like what I like and will wear what I like and see is the same.

As fun as it sounds to have someone else dress me, I enjoy doing my make and picking out my own outfits. I think having someone else do it for me would take some of the enjoyment out of it.

Jasmine

Being preened by someone else means acceptance, something I think most of us would love. Take it a step further, having someone else actually participate in dressing us up pretty? Sure. I'd love it. But don't expect to experience it in this lifetime. I even started looking into one of the expensive transformation services, but got one letter telling of a bad experience there too, and now am at a loss for help with make up and such. Oh well.....back in the closet.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.