Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dressing yourself vs. Being dressed by another.

Paige,
    I think it would be the ultimate fun thing to do but the reason for it would be for the experiance of having a gg who has years of experiance teaching me things I have not discovered myself. I'm a big girl now and can do my own dressing but the idea of help would be great. Keli

One More Thing

I want to add to my previous comments that, for me, being dressed by another (in a loving fashion) would be the farthest from kink or fetish. It would, rather, be intensely romantic--finding a longed-for care and acceptance.

Hi Paige

I have a very close GG friend who knows all about me.

I find it so wonderful when I dress in front of her. It's like being real girlfriends.

She helps me from a comment view point i.e. what she feels is good/bad etc....She also helps by putting some make up on for me. It is so important to me to be accepted by someone who I can be girly with. It's all about someone accepting you as female rather than anything erotic.

The feeling of being accepted as a woman and therefore treated like a woman is so strong it's frightening sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine57 View Post
    As fun as it sounds to have someone else dress me, I enjoy doing my make and picking out my own outfits. I think having someone else do it for me would take some of the enjoyment out of it.
    Yes I believe this would take some of the fun out of CDing. Although having someone help me with makeup would be an absolute pleasure, hope someday to get up the nerve to go to the mall and have a makover.
    Laura

I think being dressed by someone else would be similar to going out in public enfemme for the first time.Very vulnerable...probably very femme...would be how I would feel.

Helen

One night my GG asked if I wanted to play dress up and she syled my wig, did my make up, picked out my bra, panties, pantyhouse, slip and heels. For the rest of the night she had me try on different dresses while she took pictures of each one. It was a great night hat I will never forget.

I would love for someone else to dress me, or at least help. It may be that I am still inexperienced though and I would think of it more as a learning experience, but knowing I could trust someone would be a big bonus too.

I would love for my wife to dress me. She does on occasions do my makeup for me, and I love that. It shows that even though she isn't crazy over my xdressing at least she is accepting . Maybe someday she'll go the hole routine

What a bunch of wonderful replies. In general I think I see two basic replies, those that want to dress and present themselves to be seen, to emerge from the dressing room already looking resplendent and feminine and those who need or want assurance, approval and the acceptance that is inherent in the act of letting someone else guide you. Both are valid and have their place in the scheme of things.

To be fair I should probably give my own answer to my own question. Personally I side with those that do not want someone else picking out their clothes and dressing them. I definitely do no want anyone dressing me. As others have said, I can do that myself, and I wouldn’t find it to be a turn on. But there have been times I have been asked to wear a particular outfit or piece because my partner or date finds it flattering or whatever. But that isn’t the same.

I wouldn’t want someone else telling me what to wear and how to wear my clothes. One intriguing aspect is the power exchange that occurs by giving total control over your appearance to your partner. I think it has to deal with the fact that when we dress, it is a form of self expression. But when someone actually dresses you, you lose this control over your image. But then along comes eroticism, and a fuzzy line can be drawn between it and normal dressing.

I think to dress someone else you would have to know them quite well. Originally I was thinking more along the lines of an erotic experience, of helping someone else dress and doing it together, rather that the idea picking out each item and actually putting them on. I guess it is role play, yet I don’t want to be on the receiving end. I would not in any way want to humiliate or make anyone feel small. I would never want someone to feel that way and would always make my approval absolutely clear, approval of him being a man, approval of dressing and having the desire to experiment. 'Ultimate comfort' with one another is a huge plus, not to mention a turn on. The lurking doubt/shame is one thing that bothers me the most about many CD’s. It should be an experience to be celebrated and enjoyed.

I think some men underestimate themselves in regards to how they will be accepted by a GG, or maybe it’s just that they don't let themselves go to that place where they can be whoever they want to be without a loss to their sense of being. Just as some women have no idea what they are missing. I find that when a couple is alike, yet different, there could be so much fun had in experimenting; each bringing something different to the table.

I had never thought myself about having a “Barbie” complex though but it is something for me to think about. Ken maybe.

It all seems so complicated sometimes when it shouldn't be.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by GailTulane View Post
    For sure, being dressed by a woman is among my deepest and sweetest desires. I love feeling vulnerable, and feeling loved when I am vulnerable.
    All my life, every time I have loved a woman, I have had the deepest desire to be lovingly dressed by her.
    For sure, I associate this experience with being deeply loved.
    If that were to really happen, I think that I might cry my heart out, and never let go.
    Sorry for being so emotional, but this strikes a deep chord within me.
    This says it all for me Thx. Morgan

Exactly what I wanted to hear from a GG! Can you call my wife? LOL. Seriously, this is a great answer and is what I personally hope for. P.S. Let me clarify that. While the eroticism you allude to is alluring, it is only a part of the picture. It can exist, and be fun, but the validation you give is what I seek. I am sure that my feelings on this are shared by many crossdressers. Paige gets it! She gets what many of us want, and she wants the same thing it seems. Where's the cloning machine. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    What a bunch of wonderful replies. In general I think I see two basic replies, those that want to dress and present themselves to be seen, to emerge from the dressing room already looking resplendent and feminine and those who need or want assurance, approval and the acceptance that is inherent in the act of letting someone else guide you. Both are valid and have their place in the scheme of things.

To be fair I should probably give my own answer to my own question. Personally I side with those that do not want someone else picking out their clothes and dressing them. I definitely do no want anyone dressing me. As others have said, I can do that myself, and I wouldn’t find it to be a turn on. But there have been times I have been asked to wear a particular outfit or piece because my partner or date finds it flattering or whatever. But that isn’t the same.

I wouldn’t want someone else telling me what to wear and how to wear my clothes. One intriguing aspect is the power exchange that occurs by giving total control over your appearance to your partner. I think it has to deal with the fact that when we dress, it is a form of self expression. But when someone actually dresses you, you lose this control over your image. But then along comes eroticism, and a fuzzy line can be drawn between it and normal dressing.

I think to dress someone else you would have to know them quite well. Originally I was thinking more along the lines of an erotic experience, of helping someone else dress and doing it together, rather that the idea picking out each item and actually putting them on. I guess it is role play, yet I don’t want to be on the receiving end. I would not in any way want to humiliate or make anyone feel small. I would never want someone to feel that way and would always make my approval absolutely clear, approval of him being a man, approval of dressing and having the desire to experiment. 'Ultimate comfort' with one another is a huge plus, not to mention a turn on. The lurking doubt/shame is one thing that bothers me the most about many CD’s. It should be an experience to be celebrated and enjoyed.

I think some men underestimate themselves in regards to how they will be accepted by a GG, or maybe it’s just that they don't let themselves go to that place where they can be whoever they want to be without a loss to their sense of being. Just as some women have no idea what they are missing. I find that when a couple is alike, yet different, there could be so much fun had in experimenting; each bringing something different to the table.

I had never thought myself about having a “Barbie” complex though but it is something for me to think about. Ken maybe.

It all seems so complicated sometimes when it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by AmandaM; 12-07-2008 at 03:02 PM.

I would LOVE for someone to pick out my lingerie and outfit for the day/night. I believe this shows understanding, acceptance and a desire not only to have control of my dressing but to know what looks good on me and how she likes me dressed. Always, I need help with the make up. I would take on a role of a female in the relationship, girlfriends or girlfriend.

Yes it is great when a GG is dressing you

[QUOTE=Paige.;1509197]I’m not interested in knowing who likes to xdress or what it feels like to wear a dress. There are tons of threads and posts about that. I am asking if there are CD's who specifically would like to be dressed by someone else and if there are emotional differences or issues, if any, that you can share. How is it different for you?

Paige,
    It is certainly a sign of being loved and cared for. Getting more turned on, goes without saying but yess when your SO picks out sexy body hugging clothing for you and either gives you hers to slip into or buys some for you the sexiness and sex is mind blowing. Having hose cladlegs sliding along your SO legs when you both have on pantyhose is great.

Kinky role playing is part of sharing yourself. So around the holidays,
    A stocking stuffed with stockings(, and leotard is a great gift.

How go most GG feel about this? If you think they are worried about getting us to try on their clothes or recieving some sexy night wear as a gift they shouldnt. Most times it is a difficult thing to sense if your SO will accept your love of her clothes. (If they bring it up so much the better)

So if more GG were like you life would be that much more wonderful.

I think I would go crazy with excitement.
    I don't know where to start.

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    I would love it if my SO took control and told me what to wear. It would show she was into it as much as I was, and that it wasn't a one way street. I haven't even dressed with anyone in some time and it would be nice to share the experience.

I always dress myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

I dress myself, only once did I let my best lady friend dress me, but I found the experience just to much. For some reason I became very embarrassed and we had to stop.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I think that I have good enough taste to dress myself - however - I would love a facial makeover and a wig styling - I would rather they teach me how to do it myself .
    JoAnne Wheeler

Happy SO of GG Pearls

Well,... :)

Let's say that I would be just *fine* with being a *kept woman* in any sort of way imaginable. What ever produced the maximum effect for my SO from the fem. side of the spectrum is all *great*. As the song of seduction says, "Let me entertain you, let me make you smile"

Was that clear enough ?
    Last edited by jina; 12-28-2008 at 05:41 PM.
    "Beauty is not Exclusive"

I would love a gg to help me with any or all parts of dressing

No thank you...I'm old enough to dress myself...LOL.

Although my spouse and i share clothing and discuss styles, etc regularly, I have no interest in her "dressing" me. I don't do it for the clothes, but for the emotional freedom I gain by being able to fully express the woman inside.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hello Paige!
    I would loveto be dressed by a woman. How better to learn, see how to dress better and best of all gain acceptance from someone I am trying to emolate.
    Charlie

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Over the years, I 've grown (and my wife has grown) to accept the two sides of me (guess I should change my avatar "Saying!"")

She's an absolute dream-come-true, and I'm deeply blessed to know her more deeply each day!
    Love

Lynne

I only really dress for the sexual feel of it. I have no intention to go full time with my dressing. I would love to be fully dressed, and have my hair and make up done by a GG.
    Maybe a cute little maid outfit. Then she can whip out the ropes and I'll be hers for as long as she wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    For example do you, or would you feel more vulnerable, more accepted, loved and cared for, more turned on, or less in control of your own image or being, if your partner were to select and put on for you each item of clothing, wig and make-up.

For most CD’ers I assume this would seem more like kinky role playing, and satisfying a fetish than dressing and being accepted. Comments?
    No one has ever assisted in my dressing. I've often dreamed of having my wife be accepting enough to even put polish on my nails, let alone zip up a dress, hook my bra, or help me with my makeup. Sexual gratification wouldn't have anything to do with it... but feeling that loved and accepted would be overwhelming.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Bobbi Joseph
    sig removed - against forum rules