Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: caught with camisole

caught with camisole

I have skin cancer and will need radiation of my left upper eyelid-not going to be fun. Today I had a special radiation 'mask' formed which is involved in the daily radiation for some 6 weeks. While getting me ready for the mask, the lady doing this had me lie down, and started to unbutton my shirt for clearance for the mask,etc. I didn't anticipate this and had on my regular 'undershirt' , today it was a white nylon camisole with pretty princess straps and a cute bow in the front V. I could sense her surprise, then indifference , when she clearly saw the cute bow come into view. I sighed, just one more of life's many embarassing moments as a closet TV. I am sure no discussion will result, she may wonder,but what the heck, here is someone with serious cancer, what is so important about underwear.
    wonder if others have had similar small embarassments? helen

I had a wife die from cancer treatment. I'll say a prayer for you. I understand your feelings, I think. Most medical professionals have seen it all. The Nurse and Physician's Assistant at my cardiologist have seen my hairless chest and the lace top of my panties. No reaction or remarks. So I would think maybe the person is still young in the practice. I wish all the best and good luck.

Hugs Edy

This would be one example of why I don't underdress. Remember when you were young, and your mother told you to be sure you wore clean underwear in case you got into an accident and needed to go to the hospital. You wouldn't want the doctor to see you in dirty underwear.....

That's how I feel about underdressing, so I don't do it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Remember when you were young, and your mother told you to be sure you wore clean underwear in case you got into an accident and needed to go to the hospital. You wouldn't want the doctor to see you in dirty underwear...
    the way i see it if i have clean underwear on and get hit by a car or what ever, they will NOT be clean for long

I wish you the best in the treatment you are about to endure. It kind of brings things into perspective, like does it matter in the least bit what kind of underwear you have on? Be yourself within the parameters of your comfort level and you'll have one less thing to worry about.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Good luck in your cancer treatment. Don't worry about anything else.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catriona36 View Post
    the way i see it if i have clean underwear on and get hit by a car or what ever, they will NOT be clean for long
    Ain't that the truth, most medical professionals have seen it all, try not to let this both you too much!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Hoping the treatment helps, is success. I have only wore pantyhose under male clothes, whrn it has been frigid out.

I wish you good luck with your treatments and a speedy recovery.
    And I wouldn`t worry about what you are wearing , I think most professionals are more interested in your well being than your choice of underwear.
    Good Luck !
    Tomara

I agree with Tomara cd, best wishes and good luck. Wear what you want whos it hurting?
    Laura

Not as of yet hun but before my wife knew She almost busted me a few times.
    Angie

A Real Softy
    Hi Helen

I pray that the treatment works.

But I bet you were a little excited by the discovery of your camisole.

With my Prayers, Irene
    I was not born a woman - but I got here as fast as I could.

Good luck with your treatment. I have a special place in my heart for anyone going in for cancer treatments- my father died of brain cancer.

Good luck with the treatments, as far as the camisole for get about it. I am 55 and the older I get the less I care about what people think.

Hugs from Annaliese

First I want to say I wish you all the best with the treatment you have ahead of you. I will say prayers for you and send a warm hug in your direction.

I think that for the most part medical staff are usually most professional in these areas. I can bet there is not much that doctors, nurses, or even tech's like this one has not seen from others, and maybe even more shocking than what you were wearing or doing. I used to work in emergency rooms in my younger days when I was training as a paramedic. We used to see some very very strange things coming into the ER after midnight when people really start letting their hair down. So go easy on yourself. Wear what you want to and are most comfortable in, and enjoy who you are. During those appointments you should be as comfortable as you want to. They have a job and will go about it. My wife works at the same practice with our medical doctor. I very rarely show up there underdressed. I would not want the risk of one of the nurses, her friends, to see me underdressed and to tell her.

Lauren

Best of luck on your treatment. My wife was just diagnosed with malignant melanoma.
    I was a paramedic for a few years in NJ. Believe me, medical people do not care about what you are wearing nor will they say anything to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    I am sure no discussion will result, she may wonder,but what the heck, here is someone with serious cancer, what is so important about underwear.
    wonder if others have had similar small embarassments? helen
    Best wishes, Helen.

I almost had a similar experience with my dermatologist. I had a spot on my belly that need biopsying, and made several trips to his office to be checked over.

None of them resulted in by being asked to fully disrobe, so wearing panties didn't seem to be a problem. Until the last visit. The nurse asked me to disrobe and put on a gown.

I acted like I didn't hear right, and left my pants on. Nothing to see here, just move on.
    DonnaT

Best of luck with the treatment...

A few years back, i was having abdominal surgery and was schedule to see my surgeon for a pre-op appt on the first day of our honeymoon. At the time i was, to my wifes full knowledge, wearing panties and thongs, and this day i happen to be wearing a bring red thong. Obviously without thinking of what else we had to do that day.
    So we are at the appt, and he says 'well, drop your pants and lets see the hernia' and as i opened them, my wife and i looked at each other. Honestly though, i had no problem with him seeing it, it was just a shock when i realized what was about to happen.
    He kinda looked at my wife with a grin on his face and she said "its his honeymoon thong, give him a break." So every appt after that he asked was i wearing a 'honeymoon thong' that day?

Funny, but it didnt faze him in the slightest... medical professionals dont care, imho.

pet

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    My situation isn't nearly as serious as yours but I just outed myself too! I've been having problems with my back and had to go to the doctor for an epidural. I never thought about what I was wearing until they told me to lie down on the table and pull down my pants. Of course I just happen to be wearing the prettiest panties I own. Oh well! My back hurt so much I really didn't care what they saw.
    Joanne

Aspiring Member
    you have more to think about then what this person saw. and from what you wrote, after the initial reaction it was business as usual. you might have enlightene another person. good luck with your procedure and i hope everything is all right.

Thanks so much for the kind encouragements. I was in a predicament-on a table, held in place for this unusual CT scan-a warm damp cloth feeling item was laid over my face and it took the shape of my head-had to stay still for 5 minutes while it hardened and scans were made. I have great difficulty staying still. But I managed--the 3 MRI that took 90 minutes just about did me in!
    though I sensed what was to be when she unbuttoned my shirt for clearance, our eyes met for a moment as she slightly reacted to my camisole-glad it wasn't my lacy one!- I am sure she didn't care, though clearly it wasn't the typical Fruit of the Loom or whatever she might expect! This Radiology Lab is headed by a very sweet, clearly gay man. He is a very caring individual and there is some irony that my doctor should do not be 'normal' (great book by that name-a good read). He caught me off guard on the initial exam when he reached down to feel my ankles for swelling and surely he detected my pantyhose I wear daily. Again, I inwardly sigh and don't care about this small stuff. Like most of you, I have beaten myself up so many years over the irressistable urge to crossdress-to be on the pink team-that I have just given into it. My wife is much more sympathetic now-doesn't care that I wear Silk Reflections daily. It isn't erotic anymore, just what I feel I should wear. Ironic that this really mean cancer (Merkel Cell Carcinoma) should bring us together. A small sty like growth turned into a serious villian and I so hope the radiation can fry it to oblivion-on my left upper eyelid-can you imagine a worse site! Maybe there is a reason for how things go in life. A weakened immune system, maybe 60+ years of stress and guilt have caught up with me. hugs to all of you. helen

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

caught with camisole

It puts things in perspective, what diff. does it make what you were wearing. By the way, my wife had skin cancer under her left eye and everything worked out just great, I am praying for the same outcome for you.

Hmm. Sorry about the eye and all that. Getting outted and learning the world doesn't end over it, its kinda self affirming - cathartic.

And are you gonna get to wear an eye patch for awhile? Ahoy Lady pirate!!

Hugs,
    'lissa

Good luck with the treatment.

I remember being asked by medical staff about my choice of underwear, I didn't get the chance to answer, a nurse answered on my behalf saying "that's a thong!" I didn't feel bothered about it at all. I need to get my foot xrayed soon and I'm wondering whether to bother hiding my stockings (ie not wear them for the appointment).

Silver Member
    Helen, I wish you the best with your treatments and hope you have a speedy recovery. Those in the medical profession have seen it all before. There is no need to worry about wearing fem things under your guy clothes around these people. They are professsionals and are trained to overlook these kinds of things and concentrate on your medical condition. I have been wearing panties to my doctors office visits for the past 40 years and have never recieved any comment about what I am wearing. I even go to see my podiatrist with red nail polish on my toenails. He has never commented on it. this is nothing to worry about so don't give it another thought. Good luck with your treatments, my thoughts are with you.