Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Crying

Unexpected Crying

I know we all cry at times when were watching certain movies or tv shows that feature sensitive stuff, like "chick flicks" for example. And it is totally acceptable to do it in those situations. Some of us even do it alot more than others, me for example.

But here's my question. When was the last time you were watching a tv show or a movie and you weren't expecting to cry? And you had to fight back the tears for fear of being laughed at or ridiculed for doing so. Like crying during an "action" film for example. Or crying when a sports figure get injured during a game and your sitting there with all your buddies.

My experience was very recent, as in less than a week ago. Me and my dad were watching the movie "Hancock" starring Will Smith. Here we are enjoying a good "manly" superhero movie lol. And there is a scene in a restaurant over dinner where Charlize Theron's character is asking Hancock about his past. And just as the story gets emotional my eyes well up. And a single tears rolls down my cheek seconds before the same thing happens to Charlize in the movie. I can't tell you how fast I wiped that sucker off to prevent my dad form seeing it lol. And how hard I tried to hold back anymore tears lol.

So whats everyone else's tale?

Smile Unexpected Crying

There is nothing wrong with crying. Hey I cray during the National Anthem, at parades and when our Flag is raised. I cry at alot of things. Let it all hang out - a good cry or a quick cry is good for you.

Cinema Paradiso always makes me cry

your not the only one lol

When the kids were still little we were watching the cartoon "The Iron Giant"
    and when he was flying up to stop the rocket I had to leave the room.
    silly I know.

Gold Member
    I tend to cry a lot more lately...
    The song ""Love remains the same" by Gavin Rossdale does it every time.

Sometimes I will just think of something and start.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I hate to say it but I cried during "Titanic" when the band was playing "Nearer My God to Thee"
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I have always been very emotional and cry probably more than my fare share , my therapist has assured me that it is a good quality and nothing to be ashamed of.
    I don`t get as embarrassed as I used to , probably due to getting a little older and not worrying about what others might think of me as much.
    Tomara

I heard some song the other day that made me kind of emotional.

I don't recall openly crying at a song or movie since I was 7 and watched the Secret Garden. The part where the little girl was dreaming and her mom just ran away when she was calling to her upset me a lot.

I cry when the girl gets her man, when I know the girl isn't going to get her man. I cry during most operas, some classical music and a whole host of songs. In fact I seem to cry at almost everything that has an emotional content, the tackier the better- I'm almost cryaing at this- FDL.

Alicia
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

I have never been afraid of my emotions and do not try to hide them. My wife like this quality about me and it was there long before I started to dress. As others have said. It is healthy, but that does not mean that at times I will try to hide it and quickly wipe away a tear or two.

I cried when Steve McQueens Mustang got wrecked in Bullit, i,ve got a lump in my throat now just thinking about it

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    How about during the "Dirty Dozen" when Jim Brown tossed the grenades in the Nazi bunker and then was shot getting away?
    Anyone who's seen "Sleepless in Seatle" knows what I'm refering to.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

About once a week I'll come very close to crying at an almost random time. I mean, there's something I'm thinking about, but it's not something that would usually make me that emotional. Just last Friday I almost cried thinking how nice it was that a lady invited me to have Thanksgiving with her family.

The only time I can remember actually having a tear roll down my face from a movie was 10 years ago when Saving Private Ryan came out. Here I am with 2 guys in a big theater watching a war movie, and I was just totally unprepared for the opening scene.

A few days after I started taking estrogen, I randomly cried at a friend's house. I think Food Network was on. I think I got that under control, though.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I cried when Steve McQueens Mustang got wrecked in Bullit, i,ve got a lump in my throat now just thinking about it
    Stop, your making me well up just thinking of that poor car.lol
    Ever self deserving car guy sheds a quiet tear at the destruction of a perfectly good muscle car, lol.

But seriously, yes I have done the same.

Funny thing though is there is a certain action movie that also makes my brother cry. So its just not us.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

With my wife being in and out of the hospital since august, the stress has been hard. I do a lot of driving and sometimes in the solitude I just weep.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

dear ones,
    it is good to cry,
    to let it all out,
    to be more than what's expected of us.
    its good for my children to know that's how i am. and my wife appreciates it too. without knowing how extensive my inner softness is.
    i think real men do cry, and should, at things like the carnage in Saving Private Ryan.
    or Nearer My God to Thee, a personal trigger, regardless of James Cameron and company's artistry.
    some things should make us weep, if we're alive.
    other things are a joy to "give water" for.
    a benefit, being an emotional "manly man," is we don't have to fret over running mascara whilst in drag.
    what a joy, to feel, to be.
    gushingly,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

Aspiring Member

Any ol' time is probably the right time...

I dunno, I guess I was watching the news recently and someone got killed in a car crash or something.

Since my wife of 18 years died of cancer, I realized life certainly has its sad parts and I gave myself the "Big OK" to cry anytime I want to, or, need to.

Just try and stop me. I'm allowed. It's in the Constitution somewhere...

I've noticed, as long I just cry normally and get on with it, that it doesn't bother me, or, anyone I'm around a bit.

And, gimmie a break...

After all, I LAUGH at all the funny parts!

I tear up really bad watching Extreme Home Makeover!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    OMG .... I cry at a moments notice. Seriously, I have a very low ability for being able to control my "crying type feelings" and I tear-up at the slightest "wave of emotion" that hits me for almost any reason. I am such a wimp.

Happiness, sadness, or just feeling overwhelmed by it all (whatever "it" maybe). It used to be a big problem as igt would happen at the most inappropriate times. I'm getting better these days but I still get very teary eyed very easily .... especially when I think about my happiness concerning my life, love, and destiny .... but a sad movie will do it too!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Well Karen said again, huggs to you girl. But seriously there has been numerous times where I would be wiping the tears off the face and my wife and daughters would comment on it in a loving but kidding way. Since My wife past I still do but there is no teasing now. It's natural and as said before it is a good thing. You have a heart and don't be afraid to let it talk to you. Huggs Keli

Boys do cry

My best friend recently past away. He knew of Elaine (did not approve) but he knew and was still my best friend. After the funeral I have heard his grandson (16 yo) making light of the fact that I Cried so hard during the service. I have tried many times to be as nice to the boy, but no luck. Guess I just need to stay away from him.

The most unexpected tear jerker for me was
    "Field of Dreams" when his dead father came out of the corn field and played catch with him.. I almost bit my tongue off..

Also,
    "Big Fish"
    "Mr. Holland's Opus"
    "West Side Story"...I now stop watching before Tony gets killed..

There are a lot more, but I can't think of them now.

To Cry...or not to Cry

Like someone said before, if your alive you show emotions most of the time. At the end of Blackhawk Down, ninteen soliders lost because some idiot general wanted to make 'The Big Play', also happens when I hear Taps and bagpipes playing Amazing Grace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Kong

About three months ago I was watching the new remake of King Kong and all of a sudden after they bring him back to New York and he breaks free and is looking for the heroine and climbs the empire state building and is getting shot at I start losing it. I mean it hit me hard, I couldn't stop, I felt soooo bad for Kong. My wife thought I had an allergy or was starting to catch a cold lol.

Katie

Hi Lori: I guess I'm in the wrong place. I very seldom cry but then again I'm probably more emotional than most. In my 53 years I can't think of more than a couple of times that I cried where someone could see me, at least since the age of 15 or 16. Once was when we buried our oldest child. I guess it was ok to cry then although I tried very hard to be macho for my wife through it all. This last summer I teared up really bad when I said good-bye to my mom after our family reunion in Yellowstone. It's just not in my psyche to allow myself to be seen crying. Maybe it's because when I was growing up I was told that boys aren't supposed to cry, and after all I am a boy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie