Thread: " Are we there yet ? "

" Are we there yet ? "

As some of you will know, 6 months ago I decided to transition. The desire seemed to come all of a sudden and for a while I worried that maybe I was rushing into it. But for all that time I have never had second thoughts - just a little concerned how all of this might turn out.

Things seem to move really quickly at first with the doctor immediately referring me to a therapist, who in turn immediately referred me to an endocrinologist - then things seemed to slowly grind down.

First of all he couldn't see me for two months, then I had to wait another month for blood tests, then he would only put me onto the anti-androgens as he still needed another letter from my therapist.

Now another two months on, he's got the letter and I have an appointment on Thursday 11 Dec. Hopefully the hormones will start on that day. If I get deferred again it's going to be awful. In a way I feel I'm rushing but in another way I feel I can't go fast enough.

Have any others felt this way?

GypsyKaren
    Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Karen Starlene

When I decided to do this I made up my mind to just accept the timelines and setbacks and go with it. Makes this whole process easier
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

dear Suzy,
    just relax Hun i was the same i was rush rush but in the end it's been 4.5 years for me and it only seems like yesterday. you'll get there. just enjoy the ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Hunny, it does seem like you've been going as fast as the jets you fly!

And even though we know you've been thinking about this for a lot longer than the past 6 months, there's still value in letting this adventure run at it's own speed.

You're on a life-changing journey, darling, and no matter the speed, we both know that you're gonna reach your destination.

Like the wise ladies above have already said...just sit back and enjoy the ride. Ain't no detours left to trouble you!

Many of us here on the sidelines are waving and cheering as your parade goes by!

Suzy, as all the others have said - Go With the Flow. Enjoy the experiences and note the changes. I'm keeping a journal, so that I can look back and recall what I felt. That includes Anxiety, Depression, Doubts, but it also includes Elation, Happiness, Contentment.

We're probably all in a hurry at the beginning, but transition will run its course as your body and events dictate. I'm nowhere near as experienced in this arena as the other ladies responding, but listen to their wisdom. And ENJOY life.

I commend you for using healthcare professionals, so many who "rush" into transition don't want to follow the guidelines others set for them and they self-medicate. Self-medication is dangerous; you're on the Right Road. Blood Tests and professionals are the Smart way to go.

I wish you the best and hope next Thursday brings you the prescription you desire.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I looked like this mostly
    Suzy, hang in there!

I was on hormones, then stopped for almost a year to save sperm, then moved to a new location, restarted therapy sessions, 3 months later got a letter to go to a doctor who gave me prescription for spiro, and I am waiting to be prescribed hormones again. Sounds like we both have our appointments Dec 11 when we hope to be prescribed hormones. I hope it works out for you.

M2

getting closer

Monday 8 Dec

This morning I had the blood test with the results going to the doctor for Thursday's appointment. I guess he'll want to see what effect the Spiro has had before he starts me on the hormones ....I'm sure it will be fine.

When I saw him 2 months ago, just after he got the results from the initial 23 blood tests, I asked him if my results were okay -
    He smiled and said "They are very good." - so I think I'm okay in this area...

Just relax Suze. It will all start soon enough for sure. They have the baselines now as well as the letters so the ducks are in place. Enjoy... (as I sit here stewing in a pool of jealousy... *hmmm what shall I call her?*) Just kidding girl.)

You really are on your way now so just go with the flow. You have tons of stuff ahead of you; both good and bad and you know where your virtual support is.

Kimmie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Tomorrow is the day

It's feeling like the 'night before christmas' here, as tomorrow once again I'm seeing my endocrinologist and fully expect him to start me on hormones at last.

It's a busy day too - first I see my style lady, then the voice therapist, then the endocrin guy - and afterwards I'm meeting my two GG friends from work for a coffee - which I'll need by then.

If I don't get put on hormones tomorrow you'll hear my screams in the US - in fact even if I do - you'll still hear screams ! - keeping my fingers crossed...

Suzy

PS: Today told yet another friend about my plans (a guy this time) - and he's totally fine with it - that's 24 close friends and family who know so far

go suzy go

kidding aside...i'm thinking of you...i spent a week with hairy legs and chest on summer vacation with my extended family in july....i was prescribed the hormones in june but held off because no one knew about me and i just didnt know what would happen to my summer body...heh(wishful thinking actually!!)...

anyway...i'm sorry to say it was a horrible week and everybody wanted to know what was wrong etcetc...i started HRT the day I got home....

so i can imagine what you are thinking right now

If I hear a shriek tomorrow from way off in the distance somewhere, I'll know it came from Down Under.

You have quite a schedule, Suzy, and you really seem to have everything well under control. No matter whether you receive the okay for the hormones tomorrow or not, you will undoubtedly get it soon (we all know how doctors like to procrastinate at times.) After all, who can say no to someone so in control and sure of herself?

I'll be thinking of you.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Just as an example, I started therapy at the end of last year. By June, it seemed a really long time had elapsed. I had finally filled out my questionaire my therapist uses, and was told yes, I am transexual. because of her busy schedule, she didnt get a letter written for the endocrinologist until first week in July. when she did, she emailed it directly herself, and gave me the number to call, telling me to wait a week. Finally! I call the endo, so excited that this was finally happening. The receptionist casually tells me over the phone, "we can get you in Oct. 1st". My heart almost literally sank. Almost 3 more months! My therapist tried, in the interim, to move me up, but to no avail, and eventually I got used to the idea of waiting. But once my appoinment arrived, things moved very quickly, and I've been on HRT for over two months now. People told me all summer, "you're getting screwed. you should get a new therapist", or, "I can get you in with my endo". But I waited and stuck to the plan. In the big picture, these delays were really nothing. A blip. But believe me, I understand how you feel. Once you know HRT is in your future, you want it yesterday! There's no rush. Before you know it, you'll be wondering where you should put these %@$&@! patches so they don't come off, going for more regular blood tests, and calling your endo to up your dose! Be patient. It'll happen.

Hugs,

Melissa

Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! Yes !

At last !

...well so many other things happened on Thursday I had to put it in the Out and About section - read here