Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you stopped

How many times have you stopped

I was just wondering how many times that you ladies have stopped dressing. I have my ups and downs. In the last week or so I don't care if I wear one item of female clothing, but there are other times that I have to dress ala-fem. Is this only me? I have learned not to get rid of anything. I just store it away.

Jessica

I never CD when my GF is around. I wait when she go away for vacation. Then I will dress all day en femme and sometime go for a little drive at night. But still very scare to get caught, so I stay more in the closet.
    Suzanne

A few times in the past,but i don't want to stop at all now.I'm totally comfortable with myself now,where as in the past i used to question why i do it,thinking whats wrong with me.Now i'm buying all the time,i've just bought a designer dress today and can't wait for it to arrive.

Nikki

Stopped once for 10 years..... Just completely forgot about it... found out later why... brain tumor... once I started treatment.. crossdressing came back with a vengence... good news is the tumor is still shrinking..

and stopped for a few months summer before last.... got burnt out I think..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I have gone through periods, sometimes several years, where I haven't had the urge although the thought was always in the back of my mind. I still experience them but they are much shorter and farther between timewise. I sometimes about going full time but that is impossible for me, at least for the immediate future.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I have lost track of how many times in the past I have stopped and purged , I have finally stopped purging but will never stop cross dressing !
    Tomara

Aspiring Member
    This has happened to me frequently and you're not alone. It's usually when my stress levels are high that I don't care to dress.
    Just this week was a good example. Problems on Sunday and Monday, no urge, or really not even much of a sex drive.
    My problems were resolved monday night and tonight I'll be clicking my heels around the house, relaxing and enjoying the silks and nylons.
    It is best to never purge your clothes. Always keep that in mind, because "this thing we do" never goes away.

I don't know how many times I've stopped but I do know that it's one less than the number of times I've started.

Jasmine

Silver Member
    I've only stopped and purged once--it's way too expensive to throw all that leather and satin away
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I like to think of it as having cross dressed for the last time. I am not able to cross dress any more as I no longer have any male clothes. What a wonderful feeling.

Eileen

I've never stop with the intention of never doing it again, I treat this as a hobby and like all hobby's sometimes your time and money need to go to more pressing matters. And the only "purging" I do is selling my old outfits on ebay so I have money to buy new ones.
    "Salene"

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

not yet

I've not yet ever stopped except for the need for discression when my offspring are in the house. This has only been 3.5 years, but still going strong!!!

tina

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Never. I stopped being male about 6 months or so ago. Now, to get the rest of the human race to catch up with me!

Sarah...

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I only purged once. Threw away a really nice leather skirt, a satin nightgown and a couple of issues of "Transgender Tapestry" magazine.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

In what I call my "modern" era of dressing (the buying of my own clothes roughly the last nearly twenty years) I have stopped for a month at a time.. this includes not shaving my legs.. when the urge did return I wore pantyhose with hair back on my legs and that wasn't good so in the past three years I keep my legs shaved no matter how I feel about dressing up..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

How many times have you stopped?

Errrr - Never!

I have also purged on more than one occasion.
    Its an expensive action that you have to learn from.. if you feel the need ' get rid of it all' do as some of the others girls have mentioned... put it in storage!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by TammiTN View Post
    I have gone through periods, sometimes several years, where I haven't had the urge although the thought was always in the back of my mind. I still experience them but they are much shorter and farther between timewise. I sometimes about going full time but that is impossible for me, at least for the immediate future.
    That's it! You're having your PERIOD !

Boy it sure is expensive, that is for sure. I have tossed out some great shoes that I cant find anymore. I think it is best to find a place to stash everything for awhile if you need to.

Back in my youth, I tried to quit ever time I took off the clothes, kept telling myself that I have to stop doing this. Never worked for long, though. Faced up to it after the divorce, that it's never going away. That was 10 years ago.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Every night at bed time. Till morning....BJ

Silver Member
    Many years ago I wanted to stop dressing up and thought that if I got rid of the clothes I could quit doing this. I made several attempts to quit and purged all of my fem clothes each time. After the third and final failed attempt at quitting I realised that this feeling to wear womens clothes would never go away. I have since learned to accept this part of myself and know better than to try quitting again. The purging was of course a huge mistake and it was very costly to replace the things I threw out. I do not have any ups or downs in my desire to dress. My desire is always constant and I dress every day.

For a lot of us here, the urge/need to dress comes in cycles. I think what you are going through is perfectly normal. I've been dressing for 40 years, and still go through those cycles.

Banned Read only
    Oh, stop!

Don't!

Stop!

Don't......Stop!

Don't....Stop!

Don't...Stop!

Don't..Stop!

Don't Stop!

Mmmmm!

Oh darn! I discarded the photos from my first outside professional makeup and photo session--back when I was younger. I thought the photo could only mean trouble--never realized how much I would like a picture of when was young. Worse yet, I had a human hair wig. My therapist (very unqualified) convinced me to throw away most of women's clothes, and the wig. he thought I had a "sexual addiction". I kept some of my stuff.