Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the best way of walking in high heels?

[SIZE=4]Oh honey. I wear five inchers virtually every day to work in but six inches is more than I can handle. Our feet are almost the same size and six inches is a pretty steep angle for that small of a foot. All I can say is practice, as all the other girls have stated, and carry back-up flats with you. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Any time I change from 4 to 5 or the other way, it takes a few minutes of orientation, but for a first time effort 6 inches is pretty extreme. They look awesome but will hurt like hell after a few minutes. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Good luck.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

the first thing you should do is make sure the pointy end is down on the floor does that help.
    oh and practice, practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jenny,

Make certain that your toe nails are really short, otherwise the pressure on them will bruise them for days, just from standing let alone walking. Use gel pads in the toes too if you fit them.

Fi

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Here's a picture of one of them =)

Jen xxxx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jennifer I admire you for buying such a high heel but if you are not used to and comfortable in 5" heels (no platform), I would suggest you take some extended time to get used to them before going out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5N8WjeM1g

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    The best way to walk in heels is to not fall over.....lol
    Fun loving skirt wearer

6 inches! Holy schmoly 4 to 4.5 inch is plenty for me. 3 inch is comfortable but not as flattering. As stated earlier, walk on your toes, not your heels.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]Our feet are almost the same size and six inches is a pretty steep angle for that small of a foot.
    I noticed this too - right away. My feet are bigger, so I can manage 6 inchers fine, but I know my (and most peoples) limits. Those might be better for special occasions. The standard advice I give first timers is to wear comfortable shoes. There will be so much going on your first time out, a bad shoe choice will only take away from your enjoyment. Why be nervous and have your feet hurt too? Try to find lower heels. At your shoe size they should be available.

Gen

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    Pick up your left foot. Move leg forward. Point your toes. Put foot down. Repeat with the right foot.

(My appologies if someoen has thought of this before)

Portia
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

I agree w/ Genifer. That pic though shows at least their platforms and looks more like a 3" lift to your heel, that looks more possible to wear than just a true 5-6" lift from toes to heel.

I still can't imagine walking in 5-6" anywhere but maybe around the house, kuddo's to those that can wear and walk in them for any period of time.
    Like the shoes BTW.

You should be o.k. in those, since they do have a platform, which lessens the instep angle, but in my experience, my feet get tired wearing that type of shoe because the sole does not flex. You're right about surfaces, stepping on a pebble can cause an ankle twist if you aren't aware of where you are walking. Good luck and be careful, you don't want to wreck your holidays being laid up with a foot/ankle problem.

It seems everyone missed the most important question. Are they PLATFORMS?
    There's an obvioous difference. 7" heels with a 4" platform equals 3" heels with 4" elevation in height. Now, if these shoes are flat soled with a 6" heel, good luck to you!!! You can call 911 before putting them on because you will anyway as soon as you go out, if you can reach the phone that just flew across the street. lol I have 6" flat soled shoes and boots I bought from Fredericks, the sexiest looking things this side of Uranus. I call them, "**** Me Footwear". For bedtime use only.
    Jill

Wow! 6 inches, they're high. I've been wearing heels for years but would still have trouble with heels that high. All I can say is practice first, only take short steps (about two thirds of your normal step) try to keep your body upright and walk as if your hips are leading you. Your feet will really ache and hurt after a short time so don't put them on until the last moment. Have fun.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033