View Poll Results: Did you grow up with sisters or brothers?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • I grew up with only sisters.

63 31.19%
  • I grew up with only brothers.

28 13.86%
  • I grew up with both sisters and brothers.

80 39.60%
  • I was an only child.

31 15.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you grow up with brothers and/or sisters?

Did you grow up with brothers and/or sisters?

Hi, girls,

I was just wondering if growing up with sisters or brothers (or not) had an influence on our becoming crossdressers. What do you think?

I had two brothers and no sisters.

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Two older brothers, who were away at school when I started to dress so no influence. One younger sister, seven years, and she was a baby when I started, so unless some psychological I have never discovered, no influence. Brothers still don't know, though did tell my sister when she was in her 30s. She thought it was cool and provided me with some hand me downs.

3sisters and 2 bros eldest sister knows but not the rest in them days it was hand me downs to wear them out nobody bothered then blame mother lolo

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I have one brother. I did dress up in front of him once when we were kids.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I have 2 older and 2 younger sisters, I am a middle child if that means anything. Ours was a traditional household, the girls did the indoor cleaning, I did the outdoors, the garbage and the cat box. Heck I wanted to be in skirts just to get away from the weekly jobs. Actually, what I wanted most was to be treated like my sister who was 2 years older than me, she was my father's princess.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

No brothers or sisters buut had a girl cousin live with with us for a time. It didn't help the dressing.
    Angie

3 older brothers, 1 older sister (yes, I'm the baby). Did they have an affect on my youthful activities? Only in the sense that I knew I had to hide how I felt. My brothers very pretty much typical, rough and tumble boys, who took no prisoners, my sister was a bit tomboyish. I was very deeply in the closet, no one suspected that I was miserable with my gender, but hey ho.

I had both, having sisters meant that there were loads of old clothes (of my mums) put in a dressing up box for us (them really) kids. So i guess having them there made it easier.

I did on occation try on my sisters clothes but felt so ashamed after, when i got a little older i used to nick clothes from shops just to have my own, not one of my finer moments (either of them x), and id try and get something that looked like thier style just incase my mum found them so i reckon having sisters had a big influence.

older sister and older brother. I played sports in high school to keep up with older brother and be macho, but really wanted to be girly. Continued sports into college for education (had scholarship).

One younger brother, one younger sister.. One older step-sister, one younger step-sister, one older step-brother and 3 younger step-brothers.. Lived with all of them, just not at the same time..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Brothers and sisters

Six brothers, one younger and 2 sisters, both younger. Actually I do remember my sisters dressing me up a few times but I think I had already started dressing before that. I'm 59 years old, tomarrow, and have memories of dressing around 10. That would make my sisters about 6 and 8 when I started, don't know if they were much influence or not. They all know that I crossdress and are pretty accepting as far as I know. Everyone in the family at some time or another has seen me dressed and one sister-in-law even gave me 4 or 5 pair of "free-be" panty hose. She does'nt wear panty hose very often and said they would just go to waste.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Dressed to please someone
    I have three older sisters and lived my early childhood in a quite isolated place where my parent were working. Mostly my sisters didn't let me play with them, but I used to watch them playing princess, barbies etc. It was only the "the famous five" and pirate type playing I could take part. Other kids (especially boys) from the neibourghood were mostly not tolerated, but there was an exception: One boy was allowed to play with my sisters and he liked play a qupsy woman...!!!

So that kind of experiences may have influenced me somehow...

I grew up with one sister, who's 4 years older than me. Is it bad that when I dress, I look more like a girl than she does?

I grew up with one older sister. She was pretty much a tomboy so I don't think she influenced my dressing directly, but I do remember her complaining when my mom would make her dress up and I remember being very jealous and wondering why wouldn't she want to dress up.

Silver Member
    I grew up with three sisters and always felt I should have been born a girl too. My sisters were a big influence on my early years of dressing up. Thier clothes were all over the place so the temptation was always there to dress up. I never dared to touch my Mom's things though.

I had both , one older sister , it was her bra that was the first feminine clothing I wore at about age six .
    Then there is me , and brother , sister , brother in that order , and I really don`t think any of them had any influence or knowledge of me dressing with the exception of my mother that caught me in the bra , she was not very amused to say the least !
    Tomara

I lived with only my sister. My other sister and two brothers lived with my father. But I idolized my sister. She hated me as she pretty much was stuck watching me. And yeah, I tried all her stuff on, at one time or another. I was the youngest and should have been a girl.

Two brothers, two sisters, all younger. No influence I know of Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's a very interesting poll, Stephanie.

What we do know now is the first-born is more prone to CD than the last-born, in families of 2 or more childs. The first born has 1.5 time more chance to CD than the last-born, what means this effect is not very striking. However it is significative and of theoretical importance, since it shows that nurture must have an incidence on CDing (notwithstanding the fact that nature may have one too).

Hence you are right to investigate further.

Hugs

i have two sisters one brother. and I'm the last born
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    I grew up with an older brother (but wished I'd also had an older sister that would've dressed me up ).

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I have a younger sister, and I can recall feeling some incredible envy as she got her first bra, and all the fuss made over it!

I also recall incredible confusion when my sister was allowed to do 'boy' things like play on a softball, when I wasn't allwoed to do anything that was in the least bit girl-ish.

And to that end, in my little mind I new that only way I could be a boy was to be a girl!

I am strange -- but that's one of my endearing qualities and why my wife loves me!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I wish I had a sister, than I'd probably be more feminine today :P
    I live like I type, Making a lot of errors, but it will be OK in the end.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I have a younger sister. She was no influence on how I turned out. It's all in my genes and my hormonal influences in the womb.

My gorgeous Sis was always convinced that there was something about me that needed "fixing". But not in the way you might expect - she's happy to have a happy older sister instead of an unhappy older brother.

Sarah...

Happy SO of GG Pearls
    One older sister, one younger brother.. and one of each also that did not survive.
    "Beauty is not Exclusive"