Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your Femme Name mean to You?

Question What does your Femme Name mean to You?

[SIZE="3"]There is a merged thread (currently a sticky thread) asking how and why you picked your female name. But, in this thread I would like to ask what your feminine name means to you.
    Some members have said, in other threads, that they only chose a name because it was the norm on this site, and would otherwise not have bothered with a name at all. Some have a user name to identify themselves, but otherwise remain anonymous.
    But for me my Femme Name is an important part of my personal identity. Carole is who I am as a woman. It's not just a name I use to identify myself to other people- It's who I am! I chose my name when I first started to crossdress, long before I had any contact with other crossdressers, and have never changed my name since. So for me it's a very personal thing- I am Carole!
    So what does your Femme name mean to you? Have you changed it, or kept to the same name?
    Please share your thoughts on this subject.
    [/SIZE]

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I've changed my name once. Originally I went exclusively by Krystina G, and I still use that one when going out in normal garb, but I sorta adopted Zara because its unique.
    Zarabeth represents the strength I have to do what I do and not care what anyone thinks. She has enabled me to be the femme side of me that has been there a long time and an outlet for my sister. I could go on and on with this subject

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

LIFE IS A EXPERENCE!! Raven Wynter Rayne's Avatar

three things I love...

crows and ravens, winter and rain, I first saw the name Rayne years ago and worked it from there. As for meaning I am part native american and like the way "Raven Wynter Rayne" sounds (kind of native american) then the poem "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe Has some meaning to Me but that is something else, Maybe I should have gone with 'Lenore'???...(Nevermore) No I'll stick with Raven
    At first I used the name Linda Hamel, but it had no meaning, And I wanted a name as different as Me!!

Gold Member
    My femme name doesn't really mean anything.

Banned Read only
    I don't know the meaning of my name, but being called "Avril" by my family meant that they had accepted me as a girl. Wonderful!

harmony is harmony?an old native american greeting-are you harmonious?yes i am...
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    It is the name of my femme side, which differentiates it from my male side. It's what gives my femme side existence or life.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I chose my name when I decided to join this site. I didnt choose a name before because I only dress in private but now I am hoping to go out I neede a name and Carole is a name that I like.

At first choosing a name was for security and safety reasons, but it has evolved. It is truly an expression of my Femme side. I really dont consider Cari to be a character although thats how I started.

I have never changed it, except for a few boards where it wasnt available.

And I only use one name, no dual personalities.

Cari

My fem name means the same to me because it is the same. It's just the Hawaiian equivilant. Terry/Keli. If one likes their given name just look to another language where it is spelled differently and adopt that one. I look at it as the feminine side of my true self. It is funny though, my daughter's name is also Kelly. Ooooops.
    Huggs Keli

[SIZE="3"]
    Gennee (pronounce Jenny) is shortened for Genevieve. I created this particular spelling because I wanted something original. I've always liked the name 'Genevieve'.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I chose my name, as the name my parents had selected if I have been born a female. The second name means absolutely nothing.
    Nancy

My male name doesn't mean anything to me, I have thought about finding a femme name that really rings a bell with me, but so far I am still deaf.

Dreaming is half the fun.

Smile name

on my part, "Alma " means soul in spanish, and of course together with "Love" , can it get more girlly?

Alma Love

I've had a bunch of different names, most just to try them out (Eve, Claudia, Elena, Helena, etc). Kinda settled on Tracy a while ago, not sure why, then added Blair as middle name because of Selma Blair's character in Hell Boy (Liz in the movie) because I identified with her character (not the pyrokinetic part). Plus I like the name^^ and it's the one I prefer of the two. Never settled on a last name, not sure I need one.

I chose my name the day I put on my first wig and make up. Like you it is who I am and is as important to me as my male name.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

My name is used by both males and females. It emcompasses both my male and female side.
    Dana Fleming

I chose Liz because there is no male equivalent. And when I am dressed as Liz, she is so far away from my drab appearance.

There has been a Sarah, Sarah-Ann or Hannah in every generation on my mothers side of the family. I've always liked the name, and have been 'Sarah' inside since I was a young girl...er..boy....er...

Like others have said, it's an integral part of me. Even when I am in drab 'male' mode Sarah is never far away.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

It means for a brief time, I don't have to associate myself with the name that my abuser called me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

actually my name is a typo it was supposed to be Brenda Lee but my fingers got mixed up and it appeared as bredalee which I kind of liked so I kept it. The name Brenda Lee was supposed to be my name had I been born a girl (oh how i wish i had been) so thats where i got the name from my mom who told me it.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

I remember sitting at a computer in college twelve years ago thinking, "I need a name". So, I played around with several names and Rachel just seemed to stick. There have been times when I've thought about changing it, just to see if it was the right name for me and I've always been drawn back to it. I guess I'm really a Rachel at heart.

I chose Anne as my middle name just a couple of years ago. I was reading one of my wife's books and the author's name was Rachel Anne. I thought it sounded nice (and that maybe it was too much of a coincidence), so I decided to make that my middle name, too.

I guess it's just...me.

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    I kind of adopted mine when I was testing the waters with my GF. Didn't really want a name, but I felt that since many do adopt a name, I wouldn't mind taking one, either. So, I picked one with the most sentimental meaning. Though, I do not like the name "Sally", I also don't like my male name, haha. Guess that just works in a parallel fashion
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    It is the name of my femme side, which differentiates it from my male side. It's what gives my femme side existence or life.
    Exactly!

It reminds me of my mother .. She was Clara Beatrice, and that's where the "clairebee" comes from in my e-mail.