Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most important outing I've ever do

Suzy,

Although I'm only a part-time dresser, I hope you will be happy on your new path! EVERYONE deserved to be happy!

I'm with Dana, just reading it makes my choke up.
    I am SO glad your happy and that things are going so well for you Suzy! It sounds like a dream.

Suzy!
    What a great day you had.
    Reading your story was very touching and I am so so happy for you.
    You couldn't have wished for a better gift for Christmas.

I wish you the best as you begin your transition to your new life.
    You were a beautiful lady when I first met you at SCC and I'm sure that after your transition you'll be even more beautiful.
    When you apply at Victoria's Secret to be model, let me know.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Platinum Member
    very cool loved reading this .......

Congratulations on a wonderful day. Sounds like you are living the life many of us only dream of.

Congratulations and all the best in your new life. I'm very happy for you.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Ohhhh Suzy, that's such a heartwarming story.....I cried so many tears of joy for you while reading your post, it took me nearly 15 minutes to get through it. I'm sooo happy for you, hun.

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations on your Successful day,

I enjoyed reading your post so much, and you did a fantastic job.

I Just wish that I were as far a long in my journey as your are, and wish you every success and much happiness in your life

Denise

Congradulations Suzy!!!! I know you are still on the high, I know I would be. Glad all your dreams are finally a reallization comming true. Enjoy the monments from now on and do lets us know how things are going with you.
    Striving for acceptance.

Update - Monday 15th Dec

Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement.

Although logic would tell me that nothing can be happening yet - I still had a series of twinges the other day. First in the left breast area - about five of them over a two hour period - and then the next day the same happened to my left side.

On each occasion I was watching television and not even thinking about hormones or anything. I have never felt that before. So who knows!

girl next door
    sorry so late to the thread, Suzy dear

I hope you got enough patches to share with the rest of us!

But seriously Suzy, reading this just made my night... and my week! The support you're receiving from Teresa, your neighbors and the rest truly is inspiring. I am so very happy for you , and wish you all the best on this odessey. Congratulations on making this huge step reality.

Now hurry up and take some "before" pics before it's too late!

Very truly yours,

(one of your many biggest fans)

Tammi
    Last edited by uknowhoo; 12-15-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: type-O
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Silver Member
    Congratulations Suzy!!! I am so happy for you.

wow...thats gr8

I am severly jealous,..thats terrific that u have gotten on trac and your boss is behind u too it looks like the new year will be the best one yet U go Girl..

Hi Suzy, I can't speak for anyone else but I feel a certain "kinship" to you concerning your decision to transition. Its almost like I'm there with you doing the same thing(s) you are!!!
    I would switch places w/you in a heart beat. Actually you have given me my dream back and I thank you for that!!!!! God speed your total transition with all the good health and fortune that he can provide.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Windswept and interesting
    Congrats Suzy, loved reading your post, all the best for your new life.
    Last edited by Natasha1974; 12-16-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Suzy I wish you the very best. I also wish that every thing remains trouble free. Go girl go.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Another step forward

My 25 year old daughter knows all about my plans, but up until now she has only seen photos of me - and I've been waiting for the right time for her to see me 'live'. She doesn't live at home anymore and so picking the right time/occasion was proving to be difficult.

However as I returned home on Sunday after meeting Daniel and Portia from this forum - I noticed that her car was parked on our driveway - she was home for a visit.

I wasn't nervous at all - in fact I was fairly pleased that we could at last 'break the ice', as it were.

As I unlocked the front door and went inside she was walking to the front door to see who had just come in. For a second she didn't recognise me - and then she smiled - and we gave each other a big hug. She is fine with it all. It's going to be a little unusual at first for her when I do full time, but we will manage. For instance she said when we're out together, should she call me "Dad" or "Suzy or what?!" - I told her whatever she feels comfortable with is okay with me. I'm sure it's going to be fine.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    That's sooo wonderful, Suzy !!! (tears of joy)

Wow what a awesome day. Im so happy things are going so well for you Suzy.
    Angie

That's wonderful. I'm sure if she is anything like you she's a beautiful young woman, inside and out!
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

My 25 year old daughter knows all about my plans. For instance she said when we're out together, should she call me "Dad" or "Suzy or what?!" - I told her whatever she feels comfortable with is okay with me. I'm sure it's going to be fine.

i'm crying again thats so wonderful. and just for the record my children still call me DAD . and i am fine with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    I am so glad things are working out for you. It certainly was a big day for both of us on Sunday. I got to meet two of the nicest people ever and your daughter got to meet YOU.

I don't know which I feel most happy about, you not feeling nervous, or your daughters reaction.

Congratulations on yet another step forward.

Portia
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Congratulation on your new life. As you know it really is up to you, and the example of your warm glow was evidenced by all who came you way.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post
    She said when we're out together, should she call me "Dad" or "Suzy or what?!"
    My daughter (28 years old) sometimes calls me Mom when we're out. She said it would complicate explanations to others around us if she called me Dad. She also calls me Sally when I'm dressed and she too hasn't really had any problems.

This next generation of kids are so smart and accepting! I wish the best for all you girls that have children.
    Sally

Final Steps

Well I've been on anti-androgens for 3 months and hormones for 1 month - and already I'm happy with the results at this early stage.

Just as important, I've just made another leap forward in my goal to transition at the end of June this year. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my daughter has seen me - and is happy, but my son hadn't and was very nervous and embarrassed at the thought of seeing me.

But last Thursday when I was on my way home from my voice therapist session I phoned him (he was already at home) to tell him that he really needed to see me and get this out of the way and break the ice.

He reluctantly agreed.

Minutes later I arrived home. When he saw me you could see the relief wash across his face. His first words were - " You look really good!". He had been worried that my appearance would not look right, but now he's seen me he's fine. We had a long talk and he seemed totally at ease. In fact he started to tell me things that he's never felt free to talk about before ....

So that's another hurdle out of the way, with not many left to go. I've even got the change of name application forms filled out. I've been told it only takes five days in Australia so this will be one of the last things to do.

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 01-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.