Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing, Femininity and knowing you're a guy!

Crossdressing, Femininity and knowing you're a guy!

Yes, I am a guy and I have more dresses than suits and ties. I would have a lot more dresses had I not purged throughout my periods of trying to stop.

I know I am male but I have more feminine delights since I am more inclined to shop for bras, panties, stockings and dresses.

I am more comfortable with being feminine but I am subtle with others. I am sensitive and caring and I have dressed in womens pants and shirts in public that does not reveal my crossdressing because of the subtlety.

Sometimes I do feel some women can in some way pick up on my feminine cues though they are subtle. One woman I was talking to said I looked handsome in my suit and paisly tie. So I said she looked pretty too! She thought I said I wish I were pretty and this was not the first time she misheard me and thought I was revealing a feminine side. At the Christmas party the same woman was sitting next to me and noticed I had chosen to sit among all the women rather than the guys and she said "You are one of the girls aren't you?"

So I believe in some way no matter how secretive you are some may perceive the feminine side, especially women!

I am a crossdresser, feminine and a guy!

I love to dress and I am still all guy and proud to be a hubby and dad!

I still have that little girl inside of me though!

Where do you see yourself with crossdressing, femininity, others perceptions of you and being a guy?

emmi

I am a guy that loves to dress.I love my feminine side.I have been somewhat of a closet dresser but I did dress all out for a girl friend.It was without a doubt a relief that she suspected and she enjoyed Bridgets company.I would love to thank my girl friend for showing me some make up tips I didn't know about.She commented on my make up but had further and helpful advice.Need advice ask a genetic female.

For me I'm so much happier in my own skin than I was a year ago.I can see now where I was way to paranoid about all of this and my feelings toward cding.I'm not sure what next year will bring but this year I've learned the world won't stop if someone finds out that I enjoy this,they will have to accept me for who I am,a hard working guy all day,and in the evening one who appreciates a soft and delicate touch and a wonderful selection of soft clothes to go with it.

I've always been extremely considerate of others opinions,its just that now I'm not allowing them to control my thoughts.

My body parts tell me I'm a man but I prefer to dress as a women. I have crossdress since I was 14 and at 69 haven't stop.
    I dress openly everyday and the wife really knows me no other way.

I am a girl who is a guy who has to pretend to just liking girls things.

joanne

I like to think of myself as a well rounded human. My Dad barrows my tools and my Mom barrows my makeup. As far as crossdressing I just like to look the best I can in terms of what I think is beuitful. It's human nature to try to mimic what you idolize. (Maybe "idolize" is the wrong word but you get what i'll trying to say...) I really don't want to be a girl, I'm a man and I like what I'm equiped with.
    "Salene"

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post

Where do you see yourself with crossdressing, femininity, others perceptions of you and being a guy?

emmi
    I feel crossdressed in drab so I am introducing feminine styling to my everyday clothes. I'm as feminine as I am and as I feel. It doesn't seem to matter to anyone else to what degree that is as they either don't comment or if they do I feel it just sits as part of normal conversation. Other people have perceived me, over the years, as gay, a girl, a sissy or as a guy. Where do I see myself as being a guy? I don't really. I'm not in fact. I am immensely proud of my family and, frankly speaking, having the required plumbing enabled that to be the case. Had I followed the strength of my convictions 25 years ago my family would not be here now - so I don't regret that. But it doesn't, for me, mean I'm a guy though. Nope. I'm all girl, and happy with it!

Sarah...

Aspiring Member
    Very interesting and complicated question.
    I love crossdressing and it's a big part of my life.
    That being said, I have no interest or plans to
    change the physical anatomy I was born with.
    In some ways, knowing that I have the male physical anatomy,
    while crossdressing, is part of the thrill, if that makes any sense.

Personally I have no clue what I am but I'm having fun doing it!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I was a guy for 30 some years and now its time to let the girl in me have some fun

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Good answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Personally I have no clue what I am but I'm having fun doing it!!
    After trying to be a macho guy for 50 years, and not doing a great job of that, I now enjoy trying to LOOK girlie. I'm not very feminine in any other ways.
    But, since looks seem to be so important to guys, that's how I CD. Trying for different looks that please! And, succeed or not, I'm having fun trying!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

as a guy, I love shopping for womens clothes. I love the feel of womens clothing on my body. at times I just love being a girl at times. the nice think is that womens clothing is always changeing so there is always new things to buy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    Yes, I am a guy and I have more dresses than suits and ties. I would have a lot more dresses had I not purged throughout my periods of trying to stop.

I know I am male but I have more feminine delights since I am more inclined to shop for bras, panties, stockings and dresses.

I am more comfortable with being feminine but I am subtle with others. I am sensitive and caring and I have dressed in womens pants and shirts in public that does not reveal my crossdressing because of the subtlety.

I am a crossdresser, feminine and a guy!

I love to dress and I am still all guy and proud to be a hubby and dad!

I still have that little girl inside of me though!

emmi

This is pretty much me as well. I never really had the desire to have a sex change or anything like that. I have juggled being a boy and girl, then a man and woman, all of my life -- like many here.

There are times that even though I feel so girlie inside and I'm wearing panties underneath, I have to suck it up and be a guy.

Maybe that's why we all appreciate the feminine delights so much. We don't have them all the time so when we do they are so awesome to us!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I too know I am your average guy; However when I am in guy mode I act like any other guy and I do not show and feminine traits which is kind of strange to me, now when dressed I feel very feminine and have developed a very good feminine traits while dressed that do not carry over.

Now for those of us who have carry over depends on how much you dress, I used to carry over when I was dressing almost every day to the point I would have to think if I am walking like a man! I think for those of us who dress more than others we tend to pick up feminine behavior and I know for me if I had he same amount of time to dress now as I did then I think I would be even more feminine in my actions in both modes.

In closing I too own more woman clothes and shoes than male clothes

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    Great question...have to admit I feel I am very close to your description of yourself.

I identify very much with what you say, emmi. I'm a guy who likes to dress in female clothes, but I'm still a guy and always will be, though I prefer to look like a woman.
    I guess when you think about it in these terms you can see why there is no acceptance by society at large. We are absolutely a contradiction in terms and it's no wonder we make the straight populace uneasy.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Me Too

I was first chastised at age 7 for not being with "the men" at one of my parents cocktail parties.

I was in the kitchen with the women and some old bat said "why aren't U in the den with the men, R U a sissy?

Now I would answer "yes" but as a small boy I was humiliated.

It seemed so natural for me to be there, they R nice to look at ,smell great, and they had all the food too.

As a medic for many yrs I was well served by my femme side because I could hug and touch people so easily.

Often when people R sick or hurt and scared they need that as much as whatever treatment I could give.

And yes I am "one of the girls" I love women so much.

I am a crossdresser who does not/could not pass at midnight in a coal mine.

I wear lingerie under everything and now always womens stretch jeans.

If someone notices I have not ever gotten a remark (except once) and that was from a woman who said I looked good in the bra I was wearing.

Also now after I masturbate I still prefer to wear my lingerie.

Just because I like it and how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by tammie View Post
    I am a crossdresser who does not/could not pass at midnight in a coal mine.
    Paging Karren! Karren line 1, Can we get a ruling on this? lol

Emmi, I can see where you are coming from.
    I like being a guy & would have probably made a lousy girl. LOL J/K

I think our emotions run closer to the surface then most avg guys, but we also have this added feminine side that allows us to show those feelings more openly & honestly [most of the time].

Can it be a burden that you have to hold back crying during a Christmas movie you've seen 5 dozen times but this time made you almost cry?
    Yes, but through it all, I think we as a whole are still better & very understanding people for it.
    Of course those "normal lol" people don't or can't see past the dress to the deeper better rounded person inside.

Have you ever met a CD/TV/TS person you didn't like even a little, even if you didn't totally agree with their ideas/beliefs?

We all go in our own little directions in the vastness of the TG gray area, but still have you ever met another one of us & waked away thinking "What an *sshole!" ?
    Probably not!

If the world fully accepted us, we would probably be the most level headed, well adjusted, emotionally stable & happiest people on the planet.
    Hell we would probably be running the joint, lol.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 12-17-2008 at 02:54 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by victoriamwilliams1 View Post
    i too know i am your average guy; however when i am in guy mode i act like any other guy and i do not show and feminine traits which is kind of strange to me, now when dressed i feel very feminine and have developed a very good feminine traits while dressed that do not carry over.

Now for those of us who have carry over depends on how much you dress, i used to carry over when i was dressing almost every day to the point i would have to think if i am walking like a man! I think for those of us who dress more than others we tend to pick up feminine behavior and i know for me if i had he same amount of time to dress now as i did then i think i would be even more feminine in my actions in both modes.

In closing i too own more woman clothes and shoes than male clothes

what she said. That's me to a "t"

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    I like being a guy and I like being a crossdresser. I am fine with who I am and it is great that I don't have to choose. I do have some traits emotionally that are considered more fem but that just makes me a more well rounded person. When I went to college to become an engineer they made me take classes like English lit and psychology, not because they would make me a better engineer but a better person. This applies to us as well. There is nothing wrong with being a caring male. I love to shop, do makeup, wear soft clothes and go out with the girls. I also like to race motocross, Hunt, fish, play hockey and ski, not to mention have a few beers with the guys.

We must first except who we are before we can expect the rest of the world to except us.

"I am what I am" Popeye

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    Paging Karren! Karren line 1, Can we get a ruling on this? lol

Let me check my coal miners hand book.. According to Chapter 3... "Covered with sufficient coal dust.... everyone looks the same". So I'd say anyone can pass as a female in a coal mine!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I know what you saying hun.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    It is just so wonderful to shave everything, powder everything, and slip on the neatest things and especially the new forms which fillout everything I own. Its marvelous to see a girl and especially some members on the forum, they really know how to be ladies.

I love women

I think...

I love women, a lot. I love their physical beauty, I love their inside beauty (of course not all the women are beautiful inside), I love what their represent (many artists tried to capture this). I love being around women and I absolutely love being with a woman. As such I cannot be a woman. To fully admire women I need that bit of a distance. You know, when you are standing too close to something to truly see it and you need to step back. But I want to be as close as possible. And wearing female clothes is one of the ways how to get a tiny step closer. So, I know I am a man. And I love being a man. Because as a man I received the gift of admiring women. And to be intimate with women in a special way. And by dressing and expressing my female part of my person I have the chance to be intimate with women in other ways regular men cannot.
    Clara

I am a guy with many masculine and feminine traits. Sometimes I look and feel more masculine and sometimes I look and feel more feminine. And sometimes I look more masculine and feel more feminine. Then there are times I look more feminine and feel more masculine. If unsure wait 15 minutes and it may change.

Once you figure out who or what I am let me know. Right now I really do not care as this is me and just being who I am with out not worrying about it. Someone said a rounded person. I like that.

kim
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.