Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaving question from a GG

Shaving question from a GG

What is the difference between shaving your face and shaving your legs?

I am curious because I have never read a post that says something like "OMG, I just shaved my face again. My cheeks feel incredibly smooth and sexy and I was so turned on the whole time. It must be the 6,143rd time for me and my make-up is going to look so good."

I don't mean to mock, but when you want to dress you shave your face to look pretty and feminine. But it isn't the same as doing your legs is it? Is it because a beard is strictly a male thing and leg shaving is a female thing? Can anyone enlighten me?
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

It's definitely a crossdressing thing. Just like for a GW to say "it's sexy to shave my legs". Not gonna happen!

Because you don't put hosiery on your face. Unless your robbing bank.

I find my face feels great when I get a good close shave and apply some face cream and conditioner before I begin with the paint.
    Of course smooth legs after a shave there is great too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post

I am curious because I have never read a post that says something like "OMG, I just shaved my face again. My cheeks feel incredibly smooth and sexy and I was so turned on the whole time. It must be the 6,143rd time for me and my make-up is going to look so good."

I don't mean to mock, but when you want to dress you shave your face to look pretty and feminine. But it isn't the same as doing your legs is it? Is it because a beard is strictly a male thing and leg shaving is a female thing? Can anyone enlighten me?
    Well if maybe if you think about the transgressive aspect of crossdressing you could argue it is common practise/allowed by society for men to shave their face. Although fashions come and go it is perhaps less so regarding other areas of the body.
    Also in terms of conditioning, although I keep my legs smooth generally, it is usually the first step in preparing to dress up so maybe it is just anticipation. I don't personally find the act of shaving arousing though. Smooth legs on the other hand...

I think it's mostly an individual thing Paige. As in, we are either successful or not. Some like myself need beard cover for the face as no amount of shaving gets rid of the shadow no matter how smooth it may feel or how close we shave. This is why I always say it's about illusion mostly and attitude. The legs are a bit different for a crossdressing guy as there is no shadow to speak of, we just have to shave often to avoid the stubble if we want to keep a smooth look.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I should've known that

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Susan View Post
    Because you don't put hosiery on your face. Unless your robbing bank.
    I'm still laughing at this one. Thanks for the chuckle.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

There is a difference in how you shave too. At least for me. Face shaving I'm looking at my piss in the mirror usually in the morning still a bit tired and "looking forward to work. With leg shaving I'm usually in a nice bath getting ready for a night of fun. I have also heard GG's say on occasion Something like "this is a really important night I'v even shaved my legs. Reinforcing in my mind that its something you girls do for special occasions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Some men don't shave their legs----

I'm still laughing at this one. Thanks for the chuckle.
    --- for the same reason most GGs don't shave their faces! Shaving stimulates the root and hair usually comes back thicker and darker! Probably the reason the ONLY PLACE ON MY MY BODY THAT I CAN GROW DECENT HAIR is my face!

The hair on the rest of my body is fairly invisible, Paige. Also, my skin is so thin, I've never been able to use a razor without getting a rash! Do some women have that problem, too?
    I use an electric. Because they don't cut as close. Men that have dark beard shadows r much like GGs with dark, thick, leg hair. They must shave very close, and often to reduce shadow and remain smooth! With the exception that u ladies can always put on dark hose if you don't wish to shave rite then!

As previously mentioned, if men tried that on our faces, we mite end up shot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Simple. Face shaving is a guy thing that most of us hate. For sure we have to get a close shave to get a decent make up job but nothing beats a smooth pair of legs to slip a nice pair of stockings on. But don't take my word for it, don't shave your legs for a year or so and you'll see what we mean!
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

A significant part of the difference is the sensation. Male body hair is generally thick and acts as an insulating layer against the skin. When that body hair is not there, the skin exposed directly to what ever touches it whether it is clothing or simply air. This sensation feels very different especially to one who is not accustomed to it. I remember when I was much younger and shaved my legs for the very first time, the sensation was amazing. My leg hair at the time was very thick, and not having that layer of hair felt incredibly different as my skin could directly feel all sorts of things it never could before. Clothing just glides along the skin and one doesn’t feel the hair. I suspect that someone who has worn a beard for sometime and then shaves it probably notices a similar sensation as their face is exposed directly to air after removing the beard. Now that I keep myself relatively hair-free, I am accustomed to the feeling, so it doesn’t feel so amazing. However, I definitely prefer the feeling of being hair-free.

Apart from the sensation, another difference is the ritual. Shaving one’s legs is part of the ritual of becoming feminine. Shaving legs is not generally part of one’s male grooming habits, so doing it helps one get into a different state of mind. Shaving the face is just a part of the daily routine like brushing your teeth.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Going back to the orginal query, one reply would be to consider the fact that I believe that there is a lot more leg than face.
    Also parts of our legs tend to be more difficult to reach than parts of our faces.
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 12-18-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

First off, the face is a lot easier to shave, eye level, right across from you in the mirror, no contorting around to get the back of thighs or knees.

Its a matter of perspective, I personally, do not find shaving my legs sexy, I do find the look, and especially the feel of slacks or a skirt afterwards INCREDIBLE. As you can tell by my pictures, I have a beard and mustache, but shave the rest of my face and head. I actually do find shaving my head, and the look afterwards sexy, Perspective.

I don't shave my face, and consider my overall look when dressed pretty and feminine, furry face ,arms and all (perspective)
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I think that since guys do it their whole lives, it becomes no big deal. If a guy had a beard his whole life, and then became a crossdresser at say, 40, then maybe he'd get a thrill from shaving the first time, in anticipation of crossdressing and looking more fem than before. But, I feel that shaving my legs is purely feminine act, the look, the feel, the emotional bond to women.

For me, the biggest difference in shaving your face or your legs is the texture of the hair. There is nothing worse looking or feeling than 3-4 days of facial hair growth. At that stage, I would liken my facial hairs to those found on a walrus - really stiff ant extra bristly. I much prefer the feel of my face immediately after shaving (and so does my wife). As for the rest of the body hair, I never had too much to worry about. It takes me a few swipes with the razor here and there and I'm done. Even then, I enjoy the feeling of a smooth, overall body.

Babette

Platinum Member
    OK for me the Face shaving sucks lol ....hate the face hair and hate shaving it .... now my legs and pits and arms i don't mind a bit ..... the Face shaving is "HIS" stuff and the rest is "HER'S"...........

Shaving

I've simplified the process by using "nair" to remove all my leg hair, and I shave my chest and underarms during the winter months. Now that's a great feeling afterwards. And I also shave the pubic area, twice a week.

Shaving question from a GG

Shaving or trimming the hair on your face is something most men have to do everyday to look neet a work. Shaving the legs is something that feels absolutey marvelous when you know your going to top it off with a pair of sheer pantyhose or stocking. Shaving the face is a required chore for the office.

I'm not a big fan of body hair in general, so I shave anyway. It's not even a crossdressing thing for me. Shaving my face is just a pain-in-the-azz. I just don't feel clean when my face is all stubbly. Same thing with the rest of my body (below the neck)- just feel kinda gross with all of the hair.

I feel refreshed sometimes after I shave my face, because like I said- it's just a cleaner feeling. It's nothing that I'd orgasm over or through a celebration about.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Well, in terms of actual "differences", facial hair grows in many different directions and is quite stiff... harder to shave. I think the reason that CD's don't make comments like you suggested (which made me fall on the floor laughing) is because they do not ritualize or fetishize shaving their face. Which is curious in that to put on makeup, men usually have to shave their face much more carefully than they would normally. Often a couple times.

Good question !

Oh I don't know, I've often heard FAB ask another " Did you shave your legs? No? Then it's not a real date." Does that get close to what you mean?

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of body hair in general, so I shave anyway. It's not even a crossdressing thing for me. Shaving my face is just a pain-in-the-azz. I just don't feel clean when my face is all stubbly. Same thing with the rest of my body (below the neck)- just feel kinda gross with all of the hair.
    Same here. I think a lot of guys are shaving or trimming thier arms. Take a look around. I never noticed it at first, but now I spot it everywhere. There are even products marketed to rid excess body hair. I'm luck enough now that even tough my wife doesn't know I dress, she was a cyclist, and commented one day how she thought that guys legs looked sexy shaved. I told her I'd try it for her. Now they are usually shaved and she thinks its for her. Haha.You know the feeling you get after you shed the wool on the legs, and the air hits them. I have one better. I had long hair to just above my waist and ended up shaving it bald. Same feeling with the air, but I felt 10lbs lighter. Wish I could get that one back oops.

I am just finishing a blog entry on hair in general, though it wont be up till about March as things are going.

I don't need any hair at all but still it grows. The only hair I like is my wig which isn't mine. Every fortnight I nair and its the worst night of my life!

Grrrrrrrrrr
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    You really should ask the FTM's about that. I suppose they could explain how great it is to shave their face and not their legs.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Well, after I shave my face, it still looks like a man's face.

Once I shave my legs, they look more feminine.

I can get excited over sexy legs, but can't get excited over the same old face.
    DonnaT