Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shaving question from a GG

Hate it...

Hey Paige,
    For me, shaving my face is such a hateful chore, a necessary first step in my transition. Like most, I suppose, I'd just as well not have a beard to shave at all. The whole thing is a huge pain, as is shaving everywhere else... I get no thrill in the act, only so thankful and happy once it's over and I FINALLY have a pallet to feminize.

Robyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

My wife gets up in the morning and puts on her make-up. I get up and shave. It is just something that we do. If we are going out in the evening, she redoes her make-up. I may or may not shave again. My facial hair is light, so I do not really have a five-o-clock shadow.

On the other hand, my arm, chest and leg hair is darker and fast enough growing that is is visible in a couple of days, so shaving it off is very much a part of transitioning to female mode. The mind may be gender-enhanced, but the body is still definitely male.

For me some of the sexist images that come to mind are of beautiful women beside a tub full of bubbles sitting on the edge of the tub in a towel leg bent at the knee elegantly shaving. That is so feminine. I also love the sensation of stockings on freshly shaven legs.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I love the feel of being freshly shaved , but hate having to repeatidly do it ,as it becomes a chore .
    How I wish we could all only have to shave once , and that would be the end of it ..... smooth and silky ...... in all our nooks and crannies .... giggle

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    For me shaving is a real pain.
    I have sensitive skin so I can get a rash even using a electric shaver. My hair grows really fast and I also have a permaneht shadow. If I could afford it I would have it removed by laser. But it looks as though I will have to wait for electrolysis.
    living the dream

Banned Read only
    Well, this sasquatch avoided shaving his face for almost thirty years and kept a short well trimmed beard. And when it got shaved off last year for the first time, it was a revelation. Didn't even recognize the guy in the mirror after all that time, though he did look a little familiar.

I did enjoy the trimming of it over the years, fooling myself that I looked like a skinny Sean Connery (LOL!). But now that I shave every day (even when I don't have to go to work...), it's becoming something of a chore... but I also get to see deja there every morning, 'cos shaving the face now is directly related to freeing her from her hairy prison after all those years. So yeah Paige, for me face shaving is a bit of a thrill. I'm sure it'll pale into routine and drudgery after a while though.

The same epiphany that got me to shave that decades old beard also got me to start on the rest of my body, too. Chest, arms, legs...all kept shaven now. I've gone from totally bushy Airedale to complete Chihuahua in the past few months. It still grows fast, though, so a couple of days of not shaving brings back a salt and pepper stubble that pleases me not at all.

Still, even though it has added an extra 20 minutes or so to my daily morning ablutions (ya like that word?), I find a joy in rotating the requirement to "thresh and mow" the various bits in order to keep the wooly "what's-his-name" at bay and the (mostly) smooth deja with me all the time. Legs one day, arms the next, and chest the next...a three day rotation. Weekends often have the time to get the whole thing done at once, a kinda hour long concentrated deja revival that I now enjoy and look forward to!

Sorry about all the details, but you started it!

For me it something that's a must do for the face and a want to do for the legs.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by trisha11 View Post
    I think for me it is because shaving our face is just something that us "guys/girls" just have to do if we choose to not have facial hair, it is maintenance for us. Kind of like girls shaving their legs, it is maintenance. When us girls shave our legs it is part of the feminine process. My GG friend recently talked me into shaving my armpits, lmao, she almost talked me into shaving my legs and chest but I was going on a trip to sunny florida and did not want to reveal myself or have questions asked about my smooth chest and legs, giggles.
    Trisha
    So are you ready to shave your legs yet? lol If you shave them, I'll buy you a spankin' fresh pair on nylons to put on those gorgeous silky legs!!!

GG Shaving Question

I too hid Robyn for about 20 years behind a full beard. Early photos are from the neck down. I ended up having to shave for work and it was amazing. Within months Robyn was out and about.

Now back to the shaving question. I still find my face to be very sexy when I shave it extra close to be Robyn. I shave it 5 different directions to get it as smooth as possible. When I am in drab and heading to work I never shave it that much and it is not near as smooth. As for my legs, I love the feeling when they are shaved and smooth. Nothing feels better than to slip stockings onto them when they are freshly shaved. I thank my mother's genes for not having much hair. I never have to shave my arms and the legs take 3-4 days to grow back.

Robyn

OGM.... I just epilated part of my face and it feels smooth as my legs!! hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Body Hair Eeeuuuww

I don't like any hair on my body except the hair on my scalp which, of course, is disappearing all on its own. I also don't like to shave it all off, its a pain in the butt, oh well.... thats my cross to bear and the results are worth it.

Rach

I have never said how smooth and sexy my shaved legs felt. In fact, when I do shave my legs they always sting afterwards. Perhaps it's because the skin on my legs is much more sensitive than the skin on my face. Shaving has always been a chore for me and would cause my face to break out with zits which is why I wore a full beard for 36 years before finally shaving it off 11 months ago.

I guess I'm getting a little long winded here but I just wanted to say that my legs look masculine shaved or hairy but I do enjoy the smoothness of them shaved. I usually use an electric shaver for my face but in the shower, I use a ladies razor on my legs and always end up with nicks and cuts. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

9 bucks to who gets this right, ' sometime's I make up. sometimers I wake up! Who knows the song!

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    9 bucks to who gets this right, ' sometime's I make up. sometimers I wake up! Who knows the song!
    Just a guess?
    Chop Suey by System of a Down
    Last edited by Intertwined; 12-27-2008 at 03:54 AM.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Paige,

If I shave my face (closely) to often it gets irritated, because my skin is fairly sensitive. After shaving my face, I'll moisturize and put my makeup on; none of this helps. So after a few days my face is breaking out. When I shave my legs, it is a completely different sensation. My legs feel nice and silky, even without hose.
    Dana Ryan

Mostly Harmless...
    I need to shave, because otherwise my face would look so stupid, for anyone near enough. I got thin and blond body hair, for most parts of my body, including the facial hair. It does not even grow that long, the longest it has ever grown, should not have been maybe 1cm.
    It looks very bad from close, as you can kinda see it, but you cannot see it. It makes the face seem uncared for, doesn't matter in which mode I am. Though I do not get any kind of beard shadow.

I even tried to sugaring my facial hair, but it only works partially, I am unable to get all the facial hair out with it, unlike for the rest of my body. I looked into this issue and it seems the root system for the male beard is different compared to all the other hair in the human body, this root systems makes it impossible/very hard to get them out besides by plucking each of them alone or shaving it.

Facial shaving is a must for guys and leg shaving is part of our CDing dream.
    Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by BrianaMarie View Post
    So are you ready to shave your legs yet? lol If you shave them, I'll buy you a spankin' fresh pair on nylons to put on those gorgeous silky legs!!!
    I think that is an offer I can not refuse.......lets make a plan giggles

no mater how many times i shave my face it still isn't as smooth as my legs

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    Actually I do feel that way sometimes. Usually soon after electrolysis so that I have an unusually smooth face. Shaving , then moisturizing, then applying makeup is so nice at that point!
    I do as well, but not so much to the extent Paige so cutely exagerated

It used to be like most of us I'm sure, all about shaving the face to create the best canvas I could. But of the blue I went and did the plucking thing and now, I'm not satisfied unless I can pluck the face smooth. Afterwards, I can keep it up for nearly a week but all at once it seems, most of those insidious furs start their march to break the skin's surface and at that point, neither tweezers nor a razor can do a good job in getting them. This whole routine unfortunately goes far to dictate when I can plan outings and even apply makeup at home.

I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE that in 2009 I can actually start an electrolyis routine. I figure I don't need facial hair in guy mode (I can't grow a normal beard or stash to save my life...thank goodness, but I have enough to make quite a mess) and I'll be MUCH HAPPIER not having to deal with the plucking routine any longer.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Question shaving

I hate shaving full stop! It would be great if there was a quick and fairly cheap way of getting rid of ALL body hair!.
    In saying that? There is something i find slightly theraputic about shaving my legs that i just can't quite put my fingure on??? It's the massageing in the shaving gel then carfully drawing up the razar, trying to avoid the nicks around tricky parts like the knees,.The watching the white lather of the gel and the black hairs comming off and the skin looking all pink and delicate.
    Plus there is the face shaving is a guy thing and the legs a girly thing, and me prefering girly.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Paige, your comment is funny because all the women i know and can discuss stuff like this with tell me that they don't know why anyone would find leg shaving sexy. I think for CDs its part of the transformation process which i find sexy in itself. To each their own.

A lot of women also tell me that especially in the winter if they are not wearing skirts or dresses they may not bother shaving unless they know they are going to be with someone.

Also a matter of time...

When I shave my face, I know the stubble will be back tomorrow. When I nair my legs, I've managed a little sex-change operation that locks me into girlhood for weeks!

The difference is that i look in the mirror to shave my face , don`t you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I finally got rid of everything, but in the old days shaving my face took more of a toll on the skin than shaving my legs. And most people aren't looking at your legs close up when you talk to them.