Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we Mommy's girl?

interesting replies, thanks. I think, in reflection, that my first stepmother also influenced me. She wore Vanity Fair nylon briefs-that I wear daily-and in the early 60s wore Vanity Fair girdles-OBG and then later a pantygirdle-and wonderful, wonderful Hanes plain knit stockings in beige tones. There is nothing that can compare to the sensation of a pair of these great stockings on smooth legs-both for the wearer and enjoyer of the sight and sound. I am sure you older gurls can relate to this. She also wore lovely slips-usually VF -with wonderful lace at the hems. Clothing was far more interesting in the early 1960s. best, helen

Eeew, can you say a capital B for boring!

I was a mummy's girl in that my dad did not spend any time with me and my sisters so I spent much of my time at home doing things with my mom and sisters such as cooking, baking, sewing, decorating and cleaning.

As far as dressing, my mom had stored in a drum her wedding gown and lingerie and when I was about 12 or 13 I would dress up in it and pretend I was a bride!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

Yes, yes, yes! I know I have been influenced by how my mother dressed! I don't actually try to and don't do it consciously but my my wife has told me many times that I not only dress like my Mom but even look like her when I am dressed!! I have worked hard on trying to update my look (with my wife's help)but when I am trying to dress appropriately for my age (62) that's what I see 62 year old women wearing!! At least I get compliments from many of the women who know Stephanie!! Nylon panties and slips, girdles and nylons, shirtwaist dresses Thanks for the memories!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Absolute not - my mommy would not have accepted any of this and she did not dress all that well.
    JoAnne Wheeler