Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing support groups

Crossdressing support groups

Is it easy as just Googling "crossdressing support groups" or can anyone recommend some? I'd love to meet other people like me; right now I feel like I'm the only one who does it (apart from this website!)

Thanks in advance!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    There are some lists on the internet, but tell us where you live and I'm sure some of the girls here will have recommendations.
    Dana Ryan

I agree with you. I see plenty groups, but none where I live. I get so angry that I can't share what I have.

Oh sorry about that - I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I know that years ago in Washington state, there was only one group. There were people traveling quite a distance once a month. Since then some of the members started finding others in their area and formed a new group.

You might look for the nearest group and try to attend a couple of meetings, you might find other members closer to where you live and you could start your own group.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Lang View Post
    Oh sorry about that - I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

There should be several groups around your area.
    Dana Ryan

I guess it depends where you are in terms of your sexuality. If you are hetrosexual, just Google Tri-ess . There are local chapters in many states, so they would be a start. Also google IFGE up in Massachusetts. There should be tons of info on the internet.

Diane

You lost me Diane, What does sexuality have to do with crossdressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    I would think it would depend on why you crossdress, whether there are any TS feelings and desires going on that haven't been dealt with yet, homosexual vs heterosexual sexual desires related to what role you are in when drab or dressed, or if you aren't sure. But you can always go to any of the groups and discuss it with the members, who might have an insight to where along the 'spectrum' of gender you are.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Wow

Lana, who does YOUR makeup?!? I cannot help you with the support group question, although, there are lots out there, but your picture is stunning!
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    Because tri-ess carters to heterosexual crossdressers.
    "Salene"

Tg Groups

Google River City Gems. They are in Sacramento!

This is without a doubt the best website !!!!!!!!!!
    Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Crossdressing Support Group

Hi,
    I live in central Mo. near Rolla. Id also like to know if there are any groups
    in the area.

Silver Member
    Lana, you should have no trouble finding a cd support group in your area. San Francisco must be the most liberal and cd accepting city in the country! There are thousands of girls just like you that live close to you and some of them are members of this site. I suggest you post a message in the 'meeting place' forum here on this site. Because of this site I have found two cd/tg support groups that are close to me and I live out in the middle of a great big Iowa cornfield! Good luck with your search. Googeling Tri-Ess is a good place to start too.

I thought San Francisco WAS a support group.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    I thought San Francisco WAS a support group.
    LOL LOL LOL That is a good one Scarlett.

Go to the TGForum website, and in the Support page their is a search engine for groups in any selected area. The have more than Tri-Ess, which is in itself an excellant group for hetero CDs, especially with wives and families. There are other groups, like the IGEA for people who need more, or are interested in transitioning. But even then Tri-Ess is a good place to go for referrals and intitial support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Hi Lana,

Go to the resources pages of any of these bay area groups to find more links.

http://www.tgsf.org/TransGender San Francisco (TGSF)
    http://www.carlas.com/ Carlas salon, San Jose
    http://www.transvisiontricity.org/ TRANSVISION (FREMONT CA.)
    http://www.transgender.org/dvg/ Diablo Valley Girls (DVG) Walnut Creek
    http://www.transgender.org/rga/ Rainbow Gender Association (RGA)San Jose
    http://www.rivercitygems.org/ River City Gems, Sacramento

I'm in San Jose. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Carin; 01-09-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: removed a link that was a nasty site.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Lana, I'm willing to bet there are numerous Tri Ess chapters in your state, and yes googling would be a good start in finding one close to where you live. Good luck in your search dear.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    just from surfing the web, i know there are a lot of groups out there. yahoo has quite a few groups, you find these from sites such as urnotalone.com (which itself is a grou).

First you have to think about exactly what you're looking for in a support group. There's a pretty big spectrum.

On one end of the spectrum you have Tri-Ess, who only accepts heterosexual male crossdressers who do not identify as transgendered. They invite people to bring their wives. Their primary purpose is to try and convince wives that their husbands aren't gay and aren't going to get a sex change. There are groups which are much more accepting, but I'd still put them in that general category. These groups tend to have weird rules and screwed up philosophies and are really just dedicated to coming up with some kind of a middle ground between a crossdresser being the man his wife wants him to be vs. being the woman that he wants to be. Some people do great with that kind of support, and a lot of people end up just resenting the whole situation more.

Then there are support groups which allow transgendered people and gay people where everyone talks openly about anything. There's a lot more honesty out there, but there's also a lot more chance of someone saying something that would freak your wife out if you brought her.

And different groups have different spots along the support group vs. social club scale. My support group is full of people that just like to hang out with each other. We talk about anything anybody wants to talk about, then we end up going to a bar half the time.

Boardpuppy,

There's a Tri-Ess group based in Fayetteville. Don't know how far you are from there, but that's what I've seen so far on the Internet in your (mine as well) neck of the woods. I'm sure there may be others in KC in St. Louis that I'm not aware of. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Lang View Post
    Is it easy as just Googling "crossdressing support groups" or can anyone recommend some? I'd love to meet other people like me; right now I feel like I'm the only one who does it (apart from this website!)

Thanks in advance!
    well we can always start one btw i'm new to the forum and yes i reside in san francisco. i never dressed fully before. so maybe we can hang out and have a shopping trip together with other like-minded ppl

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DameErrant View Post
    Go to the TGForum website, and in the Support page their is a search engine for groups in any selected area. The have more than Tri-Ess, which is in itself an excellant group for hetero CDs, especially with wives and families. There are other groups, like the IGEA for people who need more, or are interested in transitioning. But even then Tri-Ess is a good place to go for referrals and intitial support.
    I went to TGForum and did not find any 'support page'. I did find out that to access the site you have to purchase a subscription for $42. I will pass on this site.