Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever complimented a GG in drab?

Have you ever complimented a GG in drab?

I know I know, I have 2 threads going including this one but I just had a root beer float, went to the store where I got some nice things and feeling kind of energetic.

On to the question...

Have you ever complimented a GG on their looks/clothes while in drab? I almost did once when I saw this girl wearing a great sweater but for some reason, couldn't bring myself to say anything. I don't know why...

I do it all the time, no matter what I am wearing. Have only ever had positive responses, usually accompanied with a beaming smile.

I have complimented women a few times about their clothing or shoes. Total strangers but once they got over the shock they were always friendly and most appreciative.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Banned Read only
    Couldn't quite make out whether I was in drab complimenting GG's ...or... I was complimenting GG's who were dressed in drab...

Either way...er...yes! That's how us sensitive guys roll!

It's really fun to give out a compliment about "the look" a lady has acheived. As many of us know just how difficult it is to get "THAT" look, it is really appreciated when somebody else makes a positive remark about your efforts.

Of course they're always quite surprised when a "guy" says something that is more than just a verbal wolf whistle.

I recall one younger lady ( late 20's ? ) made a remark to me, after blushing from the compliment I had given, she said, " You seem to be more intune than the normal guy" . I kinda smiled at her with a bit of a wink. I'd like to think she "figured it out" but nothing more was said, as she went on her way.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Yes of course

Of course, everyone enjoys a compliment

Yes I have. When I see a GG in an outfit that I think looks good I always think how I would look in the same outfit. One time I told a lady she had a nice sweater and asked where she bought it. She told me and thanked me for the compliment. Dear Wife finally believes me now that I am not only looking at the woman, but more at the clothes.

Absolutely I have found that when a compliment is sincere it is well received.

Banned Read only
    Of course. Who wouldn't like a genuine compliment?

I do but rarely considering I have a SO, depends on the GG and I make it a no strings compliment if she appears she would be receptive to such. No harm in it and it makes someones day.

Yes! They look really surprised if it's more than a generic "you look marvelous" kind of compliment. If you pick out their shoes or dress I think they are puzzled that you even noticed.
    Sally

Sure I have, quite often, really. Women love getting compliments on their looks, especially from a source where they would not ordinarily expect it. As long as it is not too forward, it's a very gentlemanly thing to do.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Every time I can, at work especially... and typically it's proceeded by "Hello pretty lady....." You look awesome in pink!! Everyone loves to be complimented on how they look... and I'm no exception!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

As with most of the others - ALL the time. They usually brighten up, smile, and as said, are somewhat surprised if they're a stranger. The women I know have come to expect that I might say something about their "look." From shoes to clothes, to accessories, to makeup, I'll compliment what I see as the best part of their look. And they love it.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have you ever complimented a GG in drab?

All the time, and I go one step further sometimes, I say " I just love that, where can I get it for myself? "

The responce I get to that is usually laughter, on a rare occation uncomfortable chuckle, and even once, they offered to give it to me, saying, " it would look great on you ".
    Last edited by Intertwined; 12-22-2008 at 11:21 PM.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I was with my college age nephew on his campus and was joking around with him about how to start a conversation with a girl, not that he needs my help. I told him that just because I was married and "old" that I didn't have some skills.

I said," Watch this", as we passed by a girl walking in our direction I glanced over at her and said, "Nice shoes". She smiled at us and said they were favorite and thanks for noticing.

I looked over at my nephew and the look on hs face was priceless. I grinned and said, "Grasshopper, when you can take this stone from my hand...."
    Dana Fleming

Many, many times
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Hokey smokes Bullwinkle did I misinterpret this one! I thought it meant 'a GG in drab', as in a girl wearing boys stuff -- but then this is the way my mind works if you read my threads about me being weird

So, I shall answer it both ways .. yes I have complimented GGs on what they are wearing while I've been in drab (or while wearing girls stuff that pass as drab). Its never been much more than, 'Like your sweater', or 'that's a nice jacket'. Reaction has been anything from 'thank you' to an (unknowing) laugh and 'thanks, you want to borrow it'.

Then to my other answer . have I ever complimented a girl wearing boys stuff ... YES! .. the drabbier the better! I have such great admiration for challenges to the gender norm, and yes, even withing GG circles there still is a line in the sand to be crossed as far as wearing guy's stuff. Girls just bring a certain beauty to men's clothes, and I feel that it enhances their femininity in an unexplainable way. This is why I love my wife sooooo very much!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

No but in drab I am pretty shy and don't talk much.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I've done it many times ... shoes, outfit, or manicures are what I notice most ... sometimes makeup. Each and everytime I think both the beautiful woman and I leave the brief exchange feeling better. Her for receiving a compliment and me for helping to validate their beauty. My 2 cents
    Love

Lynne

Often.. The trick is to make sure they don't think you're just coming on to them?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile I compliment any girl that has nice clothes on.

Girls love to hear compliments on their choice of clothes. Do it as much as I can..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

There was a time, when I was way too shy, to talk to women, but now that i am a 54 yo still single bloke, yes, all the time i see one in a skirt or dress, and in relatively good shape. Only two or three times, did some seem defensive. Just two days ago, i finally got a chance to compliment this senior petite lady, who is delightful, always wears black skirts, hose, heels, and looks better than most 24 year olds. I told her she looks so nice today. She knows she looks classy, and said thank you. I was in drab. Sadly, there are not many times they are single. Once in a while I ask if they are single. Usually spoken for - 99% of the time.

I do this quite often. I figure that they have spent alot of time and effort to achieve their look. We all know that one all too well. I have gotten some strange looks, but usually followed by "it's nice that you have noticed"
    Tree huggin’, peace lovin’, pot smokin’, crossdressin', lazyass hippies like me.

Save a life
    http://www.worldvision.org/home.nsf/index.htm

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure all the time.Like others have said pick out one or two things like nails,makeup,shoes etc.and you get 99% of the time a thank you or a big smile.
    Did it yesterday at Wal-Mart and she came back with compliment on my jeans and nail polish.She said my sister and I think those jeans look so cute on you most guys wouldn't have the guts to wear them.
    I blushed right on he spot.