Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What people think of CD

What people think of CD

Do you have the feeling that people think because we are CD that we are Gay. I am getting more and more CD and I am not Gay. I only love to wear high heels and women clothes because it make me feel good and I still love women. It do not mean because I am a woman inside that I am Gay. Is it the same for you ?
    Suzanne

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Nope. Not the same for me. But then I'm not you. If it works for you then that is excellent. Long may it continue.

As for me, I must be double gay!

I enjoy relationships with people I like whatever their stated gender preference. And depending how I am presenting I am either gay or not or lesbian or not.

Confused? Then don't think to hard about it!!

Sarah...

Like you, I adore women's fashions, and I love to wear women's clothing. I, too, am not gay at all, preferring women, and I feel no sexual attraction towards men whatsoever. The fact that society in general lumps us in with the gay/lesbian crowd is bourne of ignorance and intolerance.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar
    i agree with sarah...when dressed i admit to liking men and other girls like me.....

Many people mistakenly believe that if a man wants to dress like a woman, and take on a more feminine persona, then that also must include the natural female attraction to men. They cannot understand that just wearing womens clothes does not automatically give one an attraction to men. I dress fully, go out and take on a female persona (as much in my ability) and am still very attracted to women when I do so.

It does seem to be connected somehow. The only thing I can think of is the drag show aspect....where do they all occur? The open minded gay/lesbian type bars. I would like to see a show sometime.

Just thinking about the post that I have seen here, i have seen several post here by people that would consider themselves gay. Anyone that wants to transition and have SRS could probably be placed in the category too ( I am sure an exception could occur somehow).

Personally, My CD activity is of the fascination, complimenting type. I don't mind being around someone that is gay/lesbian but, I have no interest in such.

Somewhere, I read that 95% of cross dressers are straight. True or not, it would be nice for the common perception to be of two distinct and different things.

Brina

I am a Cder! But if I am gay, then I'm a lesbian giggle ! Seriously, I think it is because people tend to have small words around them and get uncomfortable with anything outside their realm of experience. It is not always small mindedness, but a small world of experience.

Here is an example. Two Americans go to Italy. They want to have lunch so the go to a restaurant on the piazza. They are surprised and upset when the service seems slow. They don't know that most of the shops close so that workers can take a casual lunch meal. So the restaurant is not slow by Italian standards, but its not Mickie D's in speed. That's a small world view, being upset because you don't understand their custom.

Hugs Edy

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Personally, I think that the public perception of crossdressers is largely driven by larger than life people such as drag queen RuPaul, basketball player Dennis Rodman, or Turner Prize winner Grayson Perry. Can you honestly say that you want either of the 3 to be who the public thinks you are, are what you are all about.

Public stereotypes can only be broken when we begin speaking out, and in doing so letting the public known that if they base their definition of CDers on the above, then they only see the minuscule minority of what we are all about.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Anyone thinking all CD's are gay just go to show you that they don't think at all. It they did they would know it's not like that.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    I adore dressing as a woman and trying to create as feminine an image as I possibly can but I'm definitely not gay (not that it would bother me in the slightest if I was). I've only ever had sexual relations with GGs. I'm probably one of the most heterosexual girls you're ever likely to meet!

Quote Originally Posted by suzypier View Post
    Do you have the feeling that people think because we are CD that we are Gay. I am getting more and more CD and I am not Gay. I only love to wear high heels and women clothes because it make me feel good and I still love women. It do not mean because I am a woman inside that I am Gay. Is it the same for you ?
    This confuses me. You can not get more and more cd.

You either are not a CD or you are not.

Did you mean you are dressing more and more?

When I am enfemme I fancy women and I fancy women when I am in male mode.

I do not believe in this theory that if you dress then you can fancy men but that does not make you gay/bi.......what a load of nonesense.

Xx Vicky xX

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've been asked this question before and here is how I answer it:

If you think I"m gay because I'm dressed like this and will be trying to pick up guys, you are wrong; because I'm into girls. So that must mean that I am gay, right? Then I get a confused look from them, while I am smiling. Then I think that they understand.
    Dana Ryan

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

Let's just be honest about this...

Some of us are straight, some are gay, and others, like me, are bi. Much the same as the general population. No one really cares.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    I've been asked this question before and here is how I answer it:

If you think I"m gay because I'm dressed like this and will be trying to pick up guys, you are wrong; because I'm into girls. So that must mean that I am gay, right? Then I get a confused look from them, while I am smiling. Then I think that they understand.
    Just tell them your a lesbian trapped in a mans body..........

Aspiring Member
    we get into the whole question (again) when we start a thread like this. yes there are gays that wear the clothes of the opposite sex. we do not call them cd'rs. i would say that 90% of the people on this forum would virgoursly deny they were gay. the other 10% probably have at least thought of having sex with men/or women as the case may be. a lot of this is fanasty thinking. there is nothing wrong with this, if anything we should be tolerant of everyones induvialidty.

Well, like many others, I love both men and women. Married for 35 years, love my wife, but have gone both ways many times. Not confused anymore, I just know what I like!
    susan

Quote Originally Posted by susanCD123 View Post
    Well, like many others, I love both men and women. Married for 35 years, love my wife, but have gone both ways many times. Not confused anymore, I just know what I like!
    susan
    Does the wife know you go both ways?

I believe Sarah has said it most succintly (if this subjet can even be closely defined). When I am dressed as a male, I'm all male and not even close to bi or gay. However, when dressed as Charlie, I'm still attaracted to women, but those dressed as women as well. It may be confusing, but it is what it is.
    Charlie

I am not attracted to men, at all sexually, BUT, when dolled up, i have a strong fog, of being treated like a lady by one. It goes away, when the lady stuff, is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brina Halloween View Post
    It does seem to be connected somehow.
    Personally, My CD activity is of the fascination, complimenting type. I don't mind being around someone that is gay/lesbian but, I have no interest in such.
    Somewhere, I read that 95% of cross dressers are straight. True or not, it would be nice for the common perception to be of two distinct and different things. Brina

I'm in the Hetro camp, [Sorry, guys just don't do it for me].

I still look at / think about girls/women when dressed.
    So does that make me a part time lesbian when dressed? LOL
    I guess if I was out & passed & looked at girls then it would.

What was the question again? lol
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

A lesbian in a man's body. I like that one .

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Just tell them your a lesbian trapped in a mans body..........

I never thought of that one, but it got a lot of sense, and it’s very possible
    Suzanne

Aspiring Member

CDed: Gay or not

I am a CDer whom is bisexual. I am attracted to a female if she is dressed nice. I am not attracted to males. Of course there is more to it than looks. However, I love to have sex with either gender.

Aspiring Member

People? What People?

My first wife really stunned me when I brought up the crossdressing issue.

She said:

"Oh, is that all? I thought you were going to tell me you were gay or something."

Is that aaallll?

It was a big deal to me.

That I was gay?

Well, what if I was?

"Or, something?"

What does that mean? Pedophilia, dog-doer, peanut butter and jelly S&M fan?

I'm still puzzled about her response, even though it was, I suppose, what you'd call on the positive side.

One by one, I have noted people's reactions to this news over the years. The majority of the time the response is, "Yeah... So?" Or, "No kidding?" And, "Uh-huh... Ya want that I should help with that? I'm kinda busy Saturday..."

A few times it's been confusion and tears, but, you know what? Those are the people I found the least important to deal with in life. I sometimes thought they were important, but apparently really only to themselves - they really didn't want any "news" as their minds were permanently made up.

In a way, I drew them "out" - I outed them, you see, for the concrete minded types they were - and I only got in trouble if I kidded myself that I really needed them in my life. No so. Difficult people, no one needs. Just step away from the hard cases... No matter who they are. Life goes on, yours should too.

So, I'm happy to tell anyone that I land on the gay side of the gender and sexual spectrum and vote accordingly. Yes, between being the old woman in the shoe, with all those kids and baby daddies, and, being some glory hole seeking compulsive, I'll admit that my thinking and inclinations lead less to the shoe lady and towards the opposite... By about .001 degrees. Only .001 degrees... But, it's there.

So sue me.

How I dress has very little to do with my feelings for others.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by maryklinden View Post
    Well, what if I was?
    Well, it would tend to suggest any relationship with a het-woman might not last very long..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]