Thread: What if you...

What if you...

I was just wondering...I understand that most anti-crossdressing laws are supposed to have been repealed.

If you go out in public, only throwing on a dress/skirt/blouse, but don't wear a wig/makeup/breast-forms/anything else, will you be likely to run into trouble with the police, etc?

What if you go into a store like this? A number of women's clothing stores don't want men in the dressing rooms at all, so it stands to reason that they might kick out a man wearing a dress as well.

Has anyone heard of local laws in smaller towns that still tried to stop cross dressing? I understand the laws have been repealed in major cities.

I guess it depends on where you are, but even most places I find it unlikely. I grew up in Wyoming of all places, and while you'd probably get a lot of verbal abuse from random ignorants, the police wouldn't touch you. A few stores might not serve you, but most the major brand names places would (even if the customer service wasn't at the level it should be).

Where I live now, it's still kind of redneck (Montana), but the city I'm in is pretty progressive and very very few stores would even give you a funny look let alone refuse service, and the cops know better than to mess with you. In this day and age of hate crimes being prosecuted regularly, I doubt you'd find trouble except in the most backwoods of places.
    Feel sexy because you're confident, be confident because you're sexy. -"Chained" Jane L Michaels

Girls used to carry two male socks in their purses just in case... the old have to wear at least 2 male items..... and as far as I know..... unless your crossdressing to disguise your true identity, for criminal purposes... it's not against the law....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Regardless of what one was wearing, aside a wig, cou;dn't one argue that their clothes are androgynous?

I don't know, I am so used to running around in femminine clothing that I don't even realise I am doing it
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I think it is safe to assume it would be an interesting day, regardless of whether you have trouble with the police. lol

States with Restroom Laws
    http://www.hrc.org/issues/workplace/...unity/9602.htm

Transgender Laws for each State
    http://www.hrc.org/issues/transgende...ender_laws.asp

Transgender Legislation for each State
    http://www.hrc.org/issues/transgende...egislation.asp

Transgender Law and Policy Institute
    http://www.transgenderlaw.org/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I dress as Stephanie almost every day. And I go everywhere as Stephanie, but with something very different than most Crossdressers. I wear no wig or makeup! What hair I have is cut to 1/8 inch all over, although the very top is almost bald! So I definitely look like a man, but I am dressed like a lady!! Well at least I think I am!!

Yes, I do shop in womens stores and try things on. I also go everywhere else dressed that way. I have been stopped by the cops once while dressed, speeding of course, and never had a problem. In fact, in about 70 years of crossdressing I have never had a problem!! Of course, I take life as it comes and don't look for trouble!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Dack, didn't this thread thread answer your question?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Dack, didn't this thread thread answer your question?
    No, this question deals a lot more about going in stores while crossdressed, who are free to kick you out regardless of whether or not it's illegal.

Besides that, I live in a fairly small town in a Southern state, so I'm still worried about the local laws.

Dack, it's my understanding that if the owner, manager or anyone in charge ask you to leave the store and you don't, then you can be arrested for trespassing.

That's an interesting question.

If you wear only a skirt and heels and a top, you are not appearing to attempt to pass and I doubt that any town would try to give you a hard time in the legal sense.I rather imagine that the legal issues develop around those of us who would try to be seen as woman. That is, legal issues would arise if, indeed, there still are laws against it.

If you went out with just a few items on and obviously made no attempt to "fool" anyone, the I suppose that you would get harassed by the folks, but not by the law.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

If you go out dressed as a woman but still perceive to be a man then nothing will happen. You will get many strange looks and as a man you cannot go into the ladies dressing room.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better