Thread: Hour glass figure

Hour glass figure

Hello girls. I really could use some advice as I adore crossdressing but am still somewhat new to it. I would like to know what shaping devices will help me cut inches off of my waistline? I don't know if I want to shell out $250.00to $300.00 for an expensive corset that I will be uncomfortable in. I am not really overweight but am fairly muscular; I am about 6'0 and 205 pounds with a 39 inch (measured an inch above my bellybutton) with continued workouts could get down to 195. I want to be able to order dresses from various places and often am unable to because the largest waist sizes are 34/35 inches. I would love an hour glass figure but all of the products I have tried thus far have been a waste of money, long-line bras, padded panties, waist cinchers, etc. What about the slim n lift or Spanx shapers, does anyone know if they will help cut inches off of my waist? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by drmchum; 12-23-2008 at 11:43 AM.

To be honest, I think you have pretty much been there, done that. You've tried the things that are made for doing what you want. With a few rare exceptions our gender is not blessed with that kind of shape.

Obviously, losing weight alone won't fundamentally change your body shape. Padded garments are probably the best for that, but shedding some extra pounds may help the various padders and nippers work more effectively. Don't purge that stuff just yet!

Yvonne

Personally I lost 50 pounds, use a corset I bought from Wicked Red's on ebay for less than $50, bought a lightly padded panty girdle for jsut a little bump, and dress in styles that enhance the illusion of a fem figure... Works for me..... Spandex shappers really don't do much other thatn hold your gut in... imho... a corset really helps with the over all presentation....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sorry for being blunt, but losing some weight will do wonders for you. I don't know your body type, but at your height, a 34 inch waist should be very doable, maybe a couple of inches smaller if you have a skinny build.

And, a corset is your best bet. Look for sales on Ebay. Meschantes has an ebay shop, and if you time it right, you can get a custom underbust corset for about 100 dollars that is very well made.
    -Sedona

Try a waist cincher. they are about 8 inches top to bottom. The heavy duty type have velcro closures that can be really tight. Wear two if you have to. Add butt padded girdle.

Hour glass figure with a digital clock

I always use a waist nipper under my body briefer and I use breastforms and padded buns. Still my figure looks more like a sundial than an hourglass. But you know, we are who we are. We have to make do with what we were given. I've lost 50 pounds. I still don't have an hourglass figure. If I lost another 75 pounds, with my bone structure, I still would not have an hourglass figure. I might look emaciated and starving, but I still would not have an hourglass figure. So what will I do - just live with and enjoy being all the girl that I can.

Love, JoAnne Wheeler

Could you "do" One Hundred Dollars? A true corset with no-give and lacing is available at places like the Glamour Boutique, and usually less than a hundred. It will be an "off-the-rack" model and not custom made, but you have to start somewhere.

A four inch reduction is normal with this type of corset. For you that would be 35 inches and right about where you want to be. No, nothing with elastic will work. It has to be a true corset! By the way, don't waste your time with Fredericks or other "Play Corsets."

Now, take a look at their website and go for it!

Peace and Love, Joanie

A corset should drop 4 inches. A waist cincher, two inches.

Smile

I have to agree, my body shape is not a hour glass at all. I could lose 50 more pounds and you would only see my ribs, not a hour glass.

I used to have an hour glass figure, but the sands shifted!

Just thought I would open with a joke, since getting a waist is no laughing matter for me. I need to lose a few pounds myself, but with the proper corset, I can lose 4-6 inches. I buy mine on Ebay, and you can find good corests, satin or leather, for around $100.00. I have found some for around $40.00 on good days, but you get what you pay for.

They do take a little getting used to, but you can breathe and with a little practice even bend over while wearing one. And the results can be spectacular. And they give so many options of wearing them over your dresses, etc. If I had someone who would consistently help me lace them up, I would go into corset training full time. It does encourage the body to lose weight, and gives lumbar support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

I've gone in the opposite direction, that is, I gave up on the waist reduction. The reason is that in order to get an hour glass shape, I'd have to really pull in my waist to keep the ration proper with my fairly slim hips/tushy. So, instead, I increased the proportion of my hips/tushy to be more in line with my height and bust measurement. Not exactly perfect, but few women my age are.

Hi

For the "ultimate", modernistic femme look or what the media made us to believe as a feminine look is beign slim/petite........u can be a tall chick like 6feet and above and be forgiven but a fat chick is not forgiven, to look femme as a guy u have to be slim or plum in a femme kind of way.

All am saying is loose as much as u can there is never enough "slimness" as a woman the slimmer the better. I am 5feet 8in tall about 55kg with a waist of about 27-28 inches if i were a woman with such statistics i might be OK but for a guy who dresses or present as a woman i might still appear too wide or too masculine for that "femme allure"............work hard baby u can get it.

Simply Be (in the UK) do a waist clincher that is supposed to take 4 inches off your middle...it's about 25 GBP/22 Euros/18 dollars?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

Thanks to all for the kind advice.

Although I use padding and I have used tight-waisted garments (long-line bras and high-waisted girdles), I have found that weight loss has had the most significant effect and that it also makes the shaping garments work more effectively.
    I have also found that my "ideal" has changed. Long ago, I tried for the "hour-glass" look, but I realized that few GGs actually had this kind of shape. Though some men and women enjoy a corset fetish, I'm not interested in that, and the look itself is in large part a throw-back to the latter Victorian age. There was a resurgence of hour-glass looks during the 1950s and 1960s, but that was mostly scuttled by the bra-burners of the late 60s and early 70s. Perhaps the most glamourous movie stars and other celebrities still have it, but in general it was not a look that seems realistic, if "realistic" means "typical" or average. I have watched and made note of the shapes of real women, and I have tried to emulate those shapes--the attractive ones--more and more over the past decade. The fashion magazines promote a shape that is nearly anorexic; I'll never get there.
    But I can get a fairly realistic, proportional shape--with padding, diet, and shaping garments.
    Super-tight garments can make movement difficult, breathing labored, and appearance awkward.
    warmly, Linnea

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Hourglass figure? One word for u!

Waist-cincher-corset! ( OK, I cheated on the one word!)

Which is actually just a short, 8" to 10", corset! It will suck in your middle like no other thing on our planet! And they're cheaper than the standard 11" to 13" corsets! It's my corset of choice!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-24-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    i tried everything but i have a beer gut, but i also found out i have a hernia, this sticks out and nothing will pull it in. doctor said if it's not bothering me leave it alone. i have owned $300 corsets and they didn't really help and i couldn't breathe. exercise will help and as one girl said a 35" waist could work for you.

Girls are lucky to be perfect in every way. To obtain a girls figure you really have to improvise with foundation garments like the girls here have suggested. Losing some weight may help too. It's always nice to slip into a smaller size dress. Keep a positive outlook and try a body briefer or other shaper type lingerie. It is fun to look and feel feminine.

Good Luck!

emmi

Weight Loss

I lost 100 pounds in 10 months about 2 years ago.

I did it by shear will power, if you ask my wife I starved myself.

I just recongized I was a stress eater, and everytime I went to put food in my mouth, I would stop, feel my stomach, and ask myself, am I eating because I am hungry, or bored or stressed or angry, if I was not hungry, I did not eat. Also, I always fixed plates with less food than I thought would fill me up, and what would happen? when I cleared my plate, I was not interested in 2nds, were all raised, your not done till you clear your plate.

I went from 326 pounds to 226 pounds in 10 months, I do not suggest that drastic a weight lose in that short a time. My goal I focused on was the outfit in this next pic, I wear a womens size 14 dress.

Here is a before and after shot of my weight loss
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

The thing is pre-puberty there isn't much if any difference between boys and girls. It is the testosterone that broadens a man shoulders and rib cage. In a girl they still get a bit of shoulder development (but not as much). But almost nothing in the rib cage. (much taller girls will see some but that is their whole body keeping pace with their size). Then their pelvis widens out and obviously fat is redistributed differently. Hence with the slightly broader shoulders, smaller rib cage then to wider hips there you have it. In men, the chest and shoulders widen and nothing in the hips.

Not everyone does this, look around one day at women of different shapes and sizes. You'll see some broader shoulders and chests. If the woman is lucky they will also have much wider hips. If not they will be shaped much like a guy. Same goes for men, some have wider hips, sometimes they have not as broad chests too. (I know I am one of those).

This is a tough battle to fight. Losing weight will help. But don't focus on a number. Lose some see what you look like. Lose more if you need it. But stop once your body looks as good as you can make it. That is the number you want to see. Don't worry about weighing X.

Waist cinchers, corsets and the like will all help. But buy quality. As others have said cheap ones are just that cheap.

I have purchased the body shapers and corsets and think they are restrictive and uncomfortable,right away I said to myself "I'm not in this to be strapped up and miserable".As mentioned in previous post,the male bone structure will not allow for an hour glass figure.What I have experimented with are core exercises,trying to isolate just your core alone.There are hundreds of core exercises,I like to rotate them in circuits and use my hands to determine what muscles I'm using,if you trim it up down here you may not need all the added equipment.

I guess I'm lucky in that I have an hourglass figure, have had it all my life - and only now can I appreciate it...was hard in high school when people thought I was a woman....

But in every day life to show it more, I wear femme jeans, and femme shirts that go down just over the hips, it's an illusion of hips moreso than I have - but it's also in style...

Low rise jeans, and get in shape and lose any extra pooch...
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I agree 100 % WITH Sedona. I got a custom underbust corset from Meschantes that was on their Ebay store for about $150.00. I can easily cinch myself down from 34" waist to a 27 inch waist and the corset is very comfortable. I have worn it for six hours at a time without trouble. To see the effect it has on my figure check out this post:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t=corset+magic

The before and after pics are in # 1,3,4 and 5. here are just a couple:

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    Sorry for being blunt, but losing some weight will do wonders for you. I don't know your body type, but at your height, a 34 inch waist should be very doable, maybe a couple of inches smaller if you have a skinny build.

And, a corset is your best bet. Look for sales on Ebay. Meschantes has an ebay shop, and if you time it right, you can get a custom underbust corset for about 100 dollars that is very well made.

Talking

I also am very lucky to have an hour glass figure...
    Now if I could only figure out which hour it is!

Guess it is corset time for me too.

Wow Kathy...

That corset makes you look soooooooo hot!

You kinda sold me on buying one for myself too *g*