Thread: Out to the movies

Out to the movies

Sorry no photos this time (I wore what I have in my avitar though), but I want to pass on my experience since I enjoy reading about other outings and I think it helps to know the world is not such a bad place.

I had a free day today...well, actually I should have been doing work on some personal projects (maybe tomorrow...tisk tisk). It is discount pricing on movie tickets on Tuesdays here and I've been wanting to go see the new 007 movie. So, I planned on the 10am show, but I ran behind on the getting ready part so I went to the 1pm show. I figured I would have lots of time to return home and clean up, except with all the Christmas shopping and transit strike the roads are blocked up from 2pm onwards...arrugh...made it with just minutes to spare before I had to leave in male mode to do some other activity.

I exited the house all done up and wear my usual male jacket on top with a hat and sunglasses. I figure for the most part the neighbors will see 'me'...maybe looking a little unusual, but they will perceive the male me. It is pretty quick to ditch the jacket and hat to change roles on the go. I always wait for the best time to sneak out and arrived at the theater just as the movie was starting.

At the theater I used the ticket kiosk, while swiping my credit card on the wrong side 4 times (and feeling stupid) (on my new card the stripe is actually on the top of the back vs the usual bottom) a woman used the other kiosk beside me (about 12" away) and I didn't dare look over...she was having her own issues and got the feeling she wanted to share her life story and my movie was already started. When I entered the lobby I passed several people, some were just standing around looking at me, but no one stared or made any odd reactions. As I reached the ticket taker she smiled, took my ticket and said enjoy the show, I said thanks in the best female voice I could. I don't know if she read me, but she was nice all the same. In the theater there was about 20 people and I went to the front and sat in the middle as the previews were playing. I tried to concentrate on the movie, but it was cold...my top is open at the waist and breasts so I had to put my jacket on my shoulders and that helped some, also I was thinking about being dressed too...so I didn't get too caught up in the story. At the end of the show, I like to watch the credits so I was the last to leave.

I think it was the same ticket taker girl who started sweeping up and she cornered me on the way out. She was a couple feet away and asked me if I enjoyed the show. I just did a big smile and a lot of nodding and said "yes, I sure did", but I didn't stop to chat. I was in a hurry to go pee.

So I entered the woman's washrooms and there were a couple women in there, but I hit the first stall, did my business and when it was calm I took a quick look in the mirror...and I looked fine. On my way out, the same employee entered and almost walked in to me! She said 'opps, sorry' and I said 'its okay' and smiled... no odd looks other than the shock of being surprised. I think I must have passed, or at least she didn't have any objection to me.

Then I walked through the lobby and again just like in male mode no one fixed their eyes on me too long. Out in the parking lot, a plumber who looked kind of rough parked right beside my car as I was walking towards it. I just carried on my way and he didn't pass any notice to me.

On the way home I hit a lot of traffic (100 minutes to go about 15 miles)... I used baby wipes while sitting in traffic to clean my face...and gradually transformed back. One quick stop and covered up with male gear and once home, had about 10 minutes to finish up. I noticed one neighbor looking out there window when I got home, I looked over and they pulled the blinds...hope they didn't see anything, but I'm pretty sure I looked normal, but to not look like I was hiding anything, I lingered around my car and checked the mail on my way in.

Its fun doing it, I'm just not sure how long I can keep it up...its a lot of work for just a few hours. I hope you enjoy.

Another inspiring tale. You make it sound so easy.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Easy? I'm scared to death of interacting with people! My voice is crap, but I'm slowly discovering sometimes its doesn't matter if you only say a couple words and mostly just move your lips.

Great story and sounds like you had a wonderful time! I've been to the movies with two GG friends of mine at night to a packed theater and I was scared to death. That's great that you went during the day by yourself- such an inspiration.

That was an awesome adventure, Sally!! And the Kiosks are a great idea.. Why I never thought of that???. I alway go up to the ticket booth and stand in line.. Be a lot quicker and less scrutiny!! Got to try that next time..
    So how was the movie?? I love James Bond!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What an experience. I'd say it sides on the tales of Superman with your car being your telephone booth. Glad you have such good times going out. Waiting for your next trip to come up.

Phew, minutes to spare, sounds like you were in a bond movie not watching one, bet the adrenalin was high all day, i think you are very brave, good on you girl

Sounds like you enjoyed it you go girl.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Great story Sally, thanks for sharing it. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I have never gone to see a movie while dressed but it sounds like a fun adventure. I will have to try it sometime.

Wow Sally, great story! I am inspired by it

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    Easy? I'm scared to death of interacting with people! My voice is crap, but I'm slowly discovering sometimes its doesn't matter if you only say a couple words and mostly just move your lips.
    Sally,

I think that you are going to find, that most people just don't care that you are dressed. They may or may not read you, just be yourself and you'll be fine.
    Dana Ryan

If you look anything like your avitar you shouldn't have any problem anywhere you go...Nice...I did the movie thing once. Purchased my ticket, went into the theatre and watched the movie, absolutely no problem, leaving was a different story. I guess word got around among the staff that a guy was in one of the theatres dressed as a woman, when the show was over, I was exiting, outside the door stood the entire theatre staff gawking. Later on I thought, I seen a show and in some respect they seen a show....O..Well

you pass

if you look like your avatar pic you pass. ive only been out dressed one time. im 6'7". not much to guess, but people still had to ask. as for develping your fem voice, there are some really good tricks you can pick up on youtube(trans gender). there is a oriental guy and goes over the whole process. not hard but takes some time.

Sounds like you had a very exciting and fun 007 movie experience

Good for you. I went to see the same movie (007) enfemme for the first time and loved it. I was wearing a similar outfit too, jeans and sweater top. Was barely paid attention to by the theater patrons or staff. Did not dare to go to the womens restroom after because there was a crowd of ladies waiting to get in, did not want to get into a long conversation while waiting. It felt great.

Wow, you are brave
    Great story, thanks for sharing Sally!

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Had a similar Movie outing, went to see "the Day the Earth Stood Still"

Dressed myself up and gathered the courage to go to the movies and sat in the front center to watch the movie. I suspect I was not fully passable, but see for yourself. It was exciting to go dressed up..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

congratulations!

i just went to the movies tonight. i wanted to go over the holidays but im working every day (weekends included) except new years day and new years eve. i wanted to hit a matinee because i didnt think there would be too many people there. no instead i picked the busiest time of the day, 7pm and a friday to boot...

i shouldnt have worn the 3" heels. i would have probably blended in a bit better. YOU on the other hand sure look like you pass without any trouble...

again, good for you....

As good as you look, you could pass anywhere. Keep enjoying CDing. It is truly a wonderful way of life.
    Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Thanks for all the replies. I especially enjoyed the responses from the others who also managed to get out to see a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    I'm scared to death of interacting with people! My voice is crap
    I don't think I'll ever have your courage to interact with people. Your voice may be crap (your self assessment) but your look is awesome. Well done, great story.