Thread: Almost Afraid To Go Out As A Guy

Almost Afraid To Go Out As A Guy

Many people presumably only know me only as a male. They would definitely be shocked and surprised to discover the female side of my life.

There are a number of people who know me both en drab and en femme. That is always a difficult position to place people in as they have to try to relate to both personnae.

There are also some folks who know me only as a woman and who, no doubt, would be shocked and upset to discover the male side of my life.

Lots of times this means things like going to the gym en femme (a woman's gym where I'm "one of the girls") and then quickly changing clothes for lunch with the guys.

With all of these things going on in the same town, I'm just as worried about being spotted in "guy mode" as I am about being seen in "girl mode."

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone figured out a solution? (Going out of town to "dress up" is not a practical solution for me).

If you can keep doing what your doing just go with it sounds like an exciting life. And good luck keeping you from running into eachother.Sounds like a life some of us would love to have.
    Angie

I'm afraid that it will eventually catch up with you - what are you going to do - maybe you should come clean to everyone and then you won't have to lead this double life.
    JoAnne Wheeler

I'd be interested in hearing in how you deal with the locker room thing en femme at the gym. I am transitioning and in a month or two it's going to start getting a little uhmmm uncomfortable being naked in the guys locker room, as one would imagine. Carol

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I think its time to decide and come out, since you have gone this far to create 2 different persona's.

I am trying to be me more and more and it does have it moments, the biggest is work. I am taking an early retirment, finish school and find a job for me as me.I know this means finding new freinds, some of the old ones are not accepting and thats fine. So far for every one lost I've made a new one or two.

We have to be true to ourselves.

HUGS Sandra

Quote Originally Posted by carolinoakland View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing in how you deal with the locker room thing en femme at the gym. I am transitioning and in a month or two it's going to start getting a little uhmmm uncomfortable being naked in the guys locker room, as one would imagine. Carol
    The particular place my wife and I are members of is one of those all-women 30-minute kind of walk-in places, so there is no locker room to deal with.

I have used the locker rooms in other facilities a couple of times, simply taking care not to reveal too much of myself, and generally found the other women so wrapped up in themselves that they paid little attention.

Once upon a time in London, for example, a GG friend and I were joined in the locker room by some anonymous chatty woman who totally stripped and changed in front of us while she told us her story. For all she noticed, I think we could have been stone tablets, as long as we had ears and smiled and nodded sympathetically.

Of course, if you are going to the same gym regularly, you will begin to become friends, or, at least, acquaintances, with other women there and will be expected to behave accordingly. If you aren't yet ready to be totally self-assured in that situation, you may not want to mix transitioning and locker rooms until you become a bit more comfortable with your new role.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,
    [SIZE="4"]*[/SIZE] [aka Persephone].

Thanks!

Thanks to everone for their advice and suggestions! At the moment, I still feel too tied to some male activities and friends to completely open up to everyone.

I am very worried that trying to be two people in the same community is walking on very thin ice, but can't bring myself to close one door or the other.

I keep concocting possible outs like, "Oh! You didn't know I had a twin sister/brother?" but, frankly, they sound pretty lame even to me.