Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife said "I've had enough"

My wife said "I've had enough"

Well you know how I always tend to push things just a little bit... Soft pushes.. Tonight we were watching "Split Ends". The show where they swap hair dressers.. Love that show.. But afterwards there was a show on "Stars with and without makeup". And we started to watch.. One of the hosts was some kind of a fashion expert.. A guy westing pink and black womens clothing and a pink and black fem hat.. And wearing makeup.. Normally I'd change the channel out of respect for my wife but she seemed to be enjoying it even with the hint of crossdressing... So about 10 minutes into the show they were doing a piece on the Arquett sisters and said that they should take some ques from their brother... Alexis!!! And the start showing photos of him..... her..

Well my wife turned and looked at me and said. "I've had enough.... Change the channel". Which I did.. To the ice hockey game! Lol. And since she isn't a big fan of crossdressing or ice hockey.. She got up, grabbed a book and went off to read in the bedroom.. I'm sure glad she doesn't stam angry for more than 30 minutes... I'm bop into the bedroom after I finish this with the cat and see how she's doing...

I try to push crossdressing into the lime light from time to time but I don't really want to. push her too far....... Anyone else trying some soft pushing at home?
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-27-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

girl next door
    Beware the thin ice, sis!

My wife's posture RE: CDing tends to change over time and we're in more of a don't ask/don't tell kinda phase these days. I'm trying not to push much of anything lately, as she's going through a tough time with it.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Former Member
    Wow, Karen, that's kind of a bad situation. My wife is totally on board with my crossdressing as long as I don't cross "the line". I need to make sure that I am the man she married 95% of the time. The other 5% is my girl time. She enjoys my girl time as long as I don't get carried away and take it too far. It's kind of an unspoken agreement that we have.

LOL.... Our unspoken agreement is don't speak about it....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    Jeez, Karen, from the many posts of yours I've read, you seem like a terrific person. Your wife is lucky beyond measure for your wit, sense of humor and sensitivity... and probably courage and other virtues I would be guessing at.
    At our home, my wife is pretty supporting. I don't really push it. If I started wearing makeup and spending a lot of time "doing myself up", it would bother her because of the odors. And, it would bother me. Our tastes are similiar. She likes seeing me dressed nicely and supported me giving up my male look.

I wish for you the very best.
    Love will find its own way through.

My wife said exactly the same thing tonight... said I had enough panties... so she took some of them for herself. It's a good thing I don't mind sharing (neither does she ).
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Hmmmmmm... funny you should bring that up this evening....

Everybody can prioritize their lives any way they wish. If you want to keep crossdressing to 5% of the time, don't talk about it, pretend it doesn't exist because you want to stay in the relationship, you have made that choice.

Where the problem exists is if the unaccepting SO is using it as a matter of control, and you submerge the feelings and are unhappy because of it.

At 55 years old, I am not in the habit of saying "mommy may I". And my 35 year marriage is in the trashcan because of it. I made that choice. Priorities.
    Karen Francis

If I had to give lis 95% of my underwear drawer there wouldn'?'t be anything left!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Karen, u scared the crap out of me!

With your header! I thot you were going to say your wife wanted out of your marriage!

I think you're a special person, and that u care for your wife! I hope u two hang in there! U BOTH may be very difficult to replace!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As far as my wife and I, there's the tendency for me to pretty much avoid talking about any transgender-related topic unless she brings it up first and then I simply go with it until it winds down it's natural course until we're talking about food or the kids again!

MY wife accepts that this is me but she has no interest in making Jenn any part of her life other than the knowledge that it is part of my internal makeup. I have no desire to push the envelope to solicit a reaction simply because the reaction, when forced, would be a negative one. Oh sure, I can joke about my 'girly' side, as long as it's in good taste and not over the top or a constant thing then it'll pass without any bad mojo.... but god forbid I ever shave my legs again around her! Ho ho, will that be a bad scene once again!

jenn

I love you Karen but please be careful not to cross the invisible line your wife has set up. Hope you can figure out where it is.

Hugs,

Kathy Leigh

Hi Karren, would you call this soft pushing?

My wife (a typical GG) is the biggest sticky beak in the world. Whenever I buy Tash something new I make it pretty obvious that I am trying to hide it before the wife sees.

Just yesterday I was at the post Xmas sales and picked up a couple of gorgeous items. When I got home the conversation (as usual) went something like this:

Wife: Ooh, what did you get?
    Me: Ah, just some clothes I saw at the shops, nothing spesh (as I fumble around with the bags, heading for the bedroom)
    Wife: You needed some new clothes, give us a look.
    Me: You wanna see my new clothes do you?
    Wife: Yeah, come on, let's see

Out comes a dress, skirt and shirt.

Wife I had to ask didn't I....walked into that one!
    Me: Oh yeah, you did!. Hey want me to model them for you?
    Wife: (laughing) No, thats Ok dear.

I think like many of us girls, my dressing desires ebb and flow so I would say I do not do the soft push unless I think my wife may be in a more accepting mood. But there's the once a year big push when I have to bring up my dressing and ask for her to do my makeup or go shopping. Sometimes it goes okay and I get snubbed but we talk about CDing and other times it works out to be a very good time for me.

Mercedes XOXOXO

Gold Member
    My wife goes thru it about once a month when she has the most problems with my dressing, usually that time of the month
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-28-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: edited wording. Know need to have put it as you did.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Karen,

When I read the header, I thought something had happened to your marriage as well. I'd be careful with the soft pushes, you might be just soft pushing her into a corner.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    My wife goes thru it about once a month when she has the most problems with my dressing, usually that time of the month
    Thanks for that, I haven't laughed so hard for ages
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-28-2008 at 06:12 AM. Reason: edited wording in quote.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Tasha View Post
    My wife (a typical GG) is the biggest sticky beak in the world. Whenever I buy Tash something new I make it pretty obvious that I am trying to hide it before the wife sees.

Wife I had to ask didn't I....walked into that one!
    Me: Oh yeah, you did!. Hey want me to model them for you?
    Wife: (laughing) No, thats Ok dear.
    glad she has a sense of humor and hope you get her something nice from time to time, she deserves it because you live in qld (joking), i mean cos she sounds like fun in the normal sense lol

I too have used the "soft push" approuch but to no avail!!!! She has seen me with a feminine night shirt on and under that I have had my bra on(can't miss my full C cup breasts). She and I have had discussions about my x-dressing and she pushed me for therapy which I am into. Actually I feel kind of liberated due to it. I tried explaining this to the wife but hit a "brick wall" with the subject. She will not accept the fact that her husband has a feminine side and has embraced it, which I have and LOVE it!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Read only
    Sheesh! You tease!

I hate shocks like that at 6 A.M.!

I hope your wife takes away your hockey watching priveleges for two weeks...

Silver Member
    Karren I also love split ends. My situation is a "don't ask don't tell" but i often wonder if it could be a slight bit more open. Well I was watching the splitends episode wherethe guy worked dressed as a drag diva and about 10 minutes into it my wife said change the channel. I read this as "lets hold off pushing CDing for a bit, say another decade might do.
    A neat side to that show is the vast difference in how the female (and male) hairdressers dress and present themselves at work. How did the hochey game end? I see the Pens beat the Devils (Fine with me I'm a rangers fan).

Very interesting. My wife is semi supporting...for example, she has purchased a bra for me (at my request). She knows I dress every Wednesday night when she goes for girls night at the neighbors, but doesn't want to see me dressed. It's a workable solution...I'm very fortunate!

I think those of us who are tg/cd'ers invented the line "give an inch, take a mile". We see that door cracked open a bit and it creates a nearly insatiable desire to push it open even more, or at least with those of us who exist like you do Karren (in a don't ask/don't tell/don't share world).

It sounds like my wife is just a wee bit more accepting than yours but I still crave more. I am who I am and I hate having to hide any aspect of this or walk on eggshells about it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Whenever crossdressers come on the tube, I get a little uncomfortable when my wife is watching, too. It's hard to tell just what goes through her head. She's sympathetic to transexuals, and doesn't seem to get too put off by them, and is fascinated by the whole gender dysphoria thing. She'll make a comment about how she does not have this problem, that she's "all girl", but I know she has to be thinking about me and the whole crossdressing thing. So it's always hard to say. I sometimes will keep something on a certain channel if it's going to push that envelope a little bit. But her ice never breaks, and she never turns the conversation towards me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

From some of the other posts as well it looks like this is a bad time of year to discuss cd-ing with the SO for some reason, and I came so close last night to doing just that glad I didn't now

Glad to hear at least Karren that she's not leaving you.
    I to agree w/ the post that she's lucky to have you from what I've seen of your personality and the type of person you are.

Get her some of these and all will be forgotten