Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Men who just like wearing women's clothing

Reading all the responses just confirms that we all have our own level of dressing, and we all need to find our own comfort level.

90% of the time it's just clothing for me, no desire to present as a girl.

10% of the time I'll have a go at make up and hair, which is a recent development for moi. At these times I do try my best to look feminine (with varying levels of success).

Bear in mind that I am firmly entrenched in the closet, and doubt I will ever have the guts to head out in public

Banned Read only
    i love to use and wear feminine things but i don't go out fully with make up or wig but once in heels and blouse. do wear panties 24/7 and a bra more and more

Its all about the cloths

I am a heterosexual male crossdresser. I do it all except wigs and makeup. It is just for me. My wife knows I wear panties, I told her when we were dating 19 years ago. It is ok with her. I suspect she knows more but I figure it a "don't tell me anything, I don't want to know". I love her very much she is the light of my life. I would like to tell her the whole story but I fear the worst outcome might happen. It is not worth it. I know it is a gamble, but at this point I am taking the risk. I am looking for all the input I can get. I hope I have something to offer at some point. Right now I am gathering all the information I can get to help put everything in perspective.
    Shelby

Banned Read only cd_britney_426's Avatar
    One pattern I've noticed that separates drag queens from TSs/CDs is that you almost never see a drag queen just hanging out at a nightclub. They almost always enter the T-friendly bar in drab and they leave in drab too. If they do hang out in the club it is usually after the show and for a limited time. Another example but one I can't verify is that a lot of drag queens don't underdress. This is at least what most of them have told me. In other words, even on stage when they are all dolled up in exaggerated female clothes, they still have on men's underwear underneath. A lot of them also don't shave their legs but instead wear leggings, nylons, or something that wouldn't require shaving. Not that any of this is important but it is something I've observed. Britney

I am man who likes womens clothing.. I wear mostly bras and my wife is ok with it.. Hopefully soon I can expand some on my dressing but I want to do with the support of my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonErinMarietti View Post
    I've seen women wear casual outfits which were a hybrid of male and female clothing. This means that they were technically crossdressing. I would love to be able to merge my wardrobe in such a way and not have to care about what's what. It seems that most intolerance comes from the perceived perversion of a Male, existing in public (out as opposed to closet) wearing anything that was intended specifically for a Female.

A kilt may technically fall under the definition of skirt, but isn't generally seen as one given it's past. Which makes it more accepted in society compared to a male wearing a pinkish floral skirt.

Back to women wearing casually mens clothing.

There are few things aside from maybe a jockstrap that are specifically made just for men or are considered to be male only. Womens pants, mens pants. Womens skirt, mens.... kilt. Womens dress, mens..... ???

I know that in the past it was unheard of for a woman to wear pants. This just as recent as the Dick Van Dyke show where there were a limited number of times Mrs. Petrie could wear pants. So, if the past is a precedent for the potential evolution of the future, tolerance of men wearing womens clothing is not far into the future provided the argument is sound.

I find the whole "women get to wear pants, why can't we wear skirts?" thing interesting. I agree, women can wear pants and dress shirts so it's unfair that we are judged if we wear skirts or dresses. However, I don't think that women in general go to the degree that male crossdressers go to with their appearances in terms of putting on facial hair, wearing a prosthetic in their pants, deepening their voice, putting on a male wig, trying to walk like a man, etc.

I find it akin to comparing apples and oranges. Wearing clothes designated for the opposite gender is one thing and in a strict definition, this is considered crossdressing but as someone once said on here, anything beyond that is optional and IMO, doesn't really relate to the argument.

for me, I have facial hair. So no way to go all the way. But do enjoy the feel of clothing deemed for female.
    No, those are my Panties]

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Lang View Post
    I agree, women can wear pants and dress shirts so it's unfair that we are judged if we wear skirts or dresses.
    The problem with the argument is that the term crossdressing is too all encompassing. Technically the word means to dress in the clothes of the opposite gender. There is nothing in that definition to suggest that it means changing your gender presentation. So when CDs use breast forms, hip pads, wigs and change their voices and body mannerisms in order to pass, this is something much more than crossdressing.

So by clarifying terms we can make sense of the debate. Crossdressing involves only the use of clothes, those attempting to pass are emulating. By adding this extra definition we avoid the apples vs oranges debates.

So when women wear masculine clothing they are crossdressing. But very few women are emulators whilst it is fairly common for male crossdressers to indulge in emulation.

What this indicates is that women use crossdressing differently than the members of this forum. Since there is normally no stigma or repercussions from crossdressing, women take it for granted they can mix masculine and feminine clothes to suit their mood or surrounding environment. So their crossdressing is used for more mundane reasons unlike the secretive, fantasy driven behavior/transgenderism exhibited here which explains the widespread use of emulation.

The other issue not discussed is role models. Women have no visible role models of females emulating males so they naturally copy what other women do and just mix clothes to suit their needs. On the other hand male CDs are constantly bombarded by images and stories of emulation so many instinctively follow the lead and believe crossdressing=emulation.

Of course the fact that emulation is great fun, great escapism, and opens up our eyes to another level of existence means it is hard to resist once tried.

To me, this emulation is what I consider true crossdressing.

Just wearing feminine clothes is a fashion choice.

Most members on here are too scared to be a guy in femme clothes. Tyring to pass as women is what the muggles don't understand.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Just the clothes

I'm with you 95%. I just like wearing the clothes and how they make me feel. I only dress in the house behind drawn shades or underdress out and about. I still have a longing to go out dressed once again before I die, eventhou I've only done it once during a blackout. I have never gone all the way( No wig, makeup, purse), nor do I have the desire at this time.
    Cary

Thumbs up Passing is not an option, but...

I don't bother with make-up, because, hey--big moustache, big frame--you can't put lipstick on a pig.

But I do feel best dressed totally en femme, and I do wear blouse, women's pants, purse and even heels into my favorite second-hand fashion boutique. My new year's resolution is to show up in a skirt next time I walk in to shop for a dress.

I've been wearing panties & bras & hose often under my boy clothes lately, and I have a firm rule that I won't buy anything girly unless I am at least wearing feminine lingerie.

The point is to feel feminine--while not frightening the passersby...

Banned Read only
    I think there are many like you, who just do the clothing thing and don't go beyond that. It's especially difficult for guys who know they don't have a feminine look, and are ever conscious of that. So, we play mind tricks on ourselves, and every once in a while, get a glimpse at our feminine side through our minds eye. No harm in that!

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    I'm the same, I couldn't giva a damn about passing, i just love to dress up!
    Peace through superior dress sense..

Hi Rose
    Great thread !
    I also feel the same as most that responded , in that I love to wear feminine clothing , mostly I under dress and around my home wear feminine outer clothes.But I know I would not even come close to being passable so I don`t even try , and I am OK with that.
    I think it is great that everyone has there own preferences and desires , if we were all the same the world would be pretty boring.
    Tomara

just wearing the clothes

hi' i am of the brigade that would not pass in public, and would not want to,
    so for me it's fem jeans and fem tops, withe the obligatory bra and panties,
    just wanted to add my two pennies to this thread, i think this one will run and run i reccon there are more of us out there that wear fem clothes to blend than the in your face (no affence) types (only jellouse) who do and can
    walk about in public in skirt or dress, i say good on you, but as i have already stated it's jeans and a some what masquline looking fem top.
    stevie 0

To Emily Anderson, You sure don't have that problem. You look great!
    Wish I looked half a good.
    Shelby

Aspiring Member
    again, if this is what you like, fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    I admire those with the ability to go out and "passs", but for me I am happy just enjoying the clothes and the relaxed state of mind that it provides. My dressing is in private, either at home or in hotels, from the neck down. This is what works for me, I don't prejudge others.

Jaydee
    Me too, I used to do the full femme parade when I was younger and single, but with a wife and 2 kids, and all the travel I do for work, I find it hard to squeeze in sleep. Now I've cut it down to dressing when I'm away at work, in hotels, besides, carrying all that extra stuff in my suitcase takes up too much room.

Christy

It' the look on the ladies and the feel on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_in_tights View Post
    I just wear tights and leotards or swimsuits for the thrill and once I'm satisfied I can't wait to get out of them. Its more of a fetish for me.
    Michelle in Tights has a position about like mine. I am glad this thread came up so I could share my thoughts. I am one who enjoys wearing clothing over the years that women and girls have claimed for their own. I asked myself why something that looked like it would feel so good should only be worn by them.

At first it was the curiosity of the clothing and then the identity with the feminity of the persons usually in them. As a boy curious what it would feel like to dress like a girl in leotards and tights, a dance recital costume, one piece bathing suits, and pantyhose, it's easy to get caught up in looking and feeling girly. At that age, a boy's facial features and body has yet to develop the strikingly masculine traits such that he can be quite feminine looking at his reflection in the mirror clothed in his girly garments, wherever they came from be a Mom, a sister, or a girl cousin. Some are lucky enough to get to dress together. Others like me had to sneak and wear them around when everyone else is away, mortified at the thought of getting caught.

Later growing up I looked for information about what is going on with me, why I felt so titillated when a girl at school would appear in a form fitting leotard and tights for a dance or drama class and how ashamedly desirous I was to wear the same thing with her were it not for the embarassment I was certain would be heaped on me. I found out what the terms were like transvestite, crossdresser, transgender, and transexual. I decided I was a mere crossdresser cause I just wanted to wear the clothing. I did not want to become a girl or even try to pass after playing at it a whle. I certainly did not want to become the other gender. I like the difference and my role in it as a male. Having one's weiner chopped off like those who want to think they are really women was out of the question. Hell, I was having much to much fun with that thing down there to ever want to be without it!

As my confidence grew, I found excuses to wear the outfits I enjoyed publicly to seek a certain level of acceptance. I wore leotards and tights, and unitards as costumes for Halloween parties and performances. It gave me a reason to go into dancewear stores and eventually the confidence to try on leotards and tights outfits in the stores. After confiding with several girlfriends that I liked dressing like that, they very much made it a non issue and we sometimes enjoyed each other while both dressed in skintight dancewear. I was able to enroll in a jazz/ballet dance class with a girlfriend as the only guy with her and several other ladies. I was welcomed into the first class in my leotards and tights along with them in theirs and was expected to be in them always for class. It was the closest I ever came to being treated like just one of the girls. Because I attended with my girlfriend, it was my rare chance to fit in and be part of a world I would not normally be able to participate in like I did.

Over the years I did contact several crossdressing groups and visited a few meetings. Instead of realizing a fascination with women and being in their clothes, I never failed to find myself staring at a group of like minded men dressed up in women's clothes. Some seemed to think they actually passed. No way! A curious event I almost got into with special appeal for me was a one time aerobics class for a club of crossdressers. I was welcomed to come and join them so long as I was dressed femme in leotards and tights too. And for them that meant also makeup and wig. Since I had no wig, I made plans to accomodate them by wearing a navy ladies turban to go along with the navy long sleeve front zip v-neck leotard and matching tights I planned to wear. Once I was in my workout outfit with the turban and makeup, I thought I could make the drive to the place wearing a denim jumper dress over them, a look I had seen before. But alas, something popped up that prevented me from doing the aerobics class. And they never did it again. It must not have gone over that well.

And from that near experience, I realized that my desire to dress was not to pass or pretend to be femme, but to enjoy the clothes. My masculine features always showed through the feminine clothes even though they tended to soften them. And the appeal was truly not for the leotard on the girl, but the girl that was in the leotard. Still I found that I liked stretching and lounging in a unitard or my leotards and tights. Pantyhose were practical for a little extra warmth and leg support. And one piece swimsuits were comfortable to wear for lap swim. I found that one piece swimsuits had been made for men identical to the womens and a number of men besides myself like them. Women don't get the same tactile thrill from the outfits that men do. Silky panties that get us worked up sliding over our privates do nothing like that for women and are instead worn to give their skirts and outer clothing more glide over them.

Even though as we grow up, we realize that what we were dealing with fetishes and fantasies still feel good to wear and, in some cases, are quite practical. If more men would try some of these garments and fabrics, they might catch on. More and more men are sliding into pantyhose and discovering their benefits. So I say enjoy the clothing. But take a reality check once in a while. Crossdressing, especially trying to pass, is a major waster of the time we have been given here. I am for having a little fun, enjoying the titillation of it, then slipping out of my lycra turtleneck leotard and tights, heels, and turban, and then moving on. Sorry this was so long.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonErinMarietti View Post
    I like to imagine a sci-fi future where what gender you are and what you look like physically could be changed.
    Star Trek has been there... Both males and females wore skants (i.e. short dresses) with black pantyhose in the pilot episode of TNG. I also think there was a female impersonator, but I don't recsll the flavor of ST or the episode; does anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post

Since there is normally no stigma or repercussions from crossdressing, women take it for granted they can mix masculine and feminine clothes to suit their mood or surrounding environment.
    Ahh but there is a difference when women wears male clothes and are accepted but if a male wears a skirt or dress this is seen as deviant and wrong by much of society.

I used to dress fully, make-up, wig etc and used to feel fantastic, but now I have to take what I can when I can, which means lingerie under male clothes. I imagine if I was entertaining a man/woman as Cheryl, I would have to be the complete girl because that's who Cheryl is.

Quote Originally Posted by Randee View Post
    Women don't get the same tactile thrill from the outfits that men do. Silky panties that get us worked up sliding over our privates do nothing like that for women and are instead worn to give their skirts and outer clothing more glide over them.
    Randee, just wondering, how do you know this? I just immagined that the feeling would be the same.

I wear panties 24/7 and most of the time I forget I'm wearing them. I've done this for well over 5 years now and think of the panties as just my underwear. It's sexy and comfortable. Guess this is just the way it is for GGs

I have also taken to wearing a bra most of the time. Sometimes for days or even weeks on end (not the same one, I have several so I can change ) I do get a kick when I feel the strap around my back sometimes but never thought that things might feel different to GGs

i no more understand the idea of being a guy (especially with facial hair) dressed in women's clothing than some of you might understand the idea of being a guy trying to pass as a gal.

i don't get it but i accept it. and my approval isn't required is it? ....lol...and isn't that a good thing!

what a compelling and interesting variety!

Banned Read only
    i wear panties 24/7 most of the time with a pad and wear a bra all the time when at home now i just enjoy wearing feminine things have only been out once when i went for a set of forms not trying to pass as a women