Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving while dressed

I don't think so I do it in warmer weather no makeup but fully dressed.
    Angie

Silver Member
    As far as I know it is not illegal to drive while dressed as member of the opposite sex in the USA. You can wear whatever kind of clothes you want as long as you possess a valid drivers license in your name.

I looked thru state laws and don't see any thing for Colorado. I know there is a non-discrimination law in Colorado not sure if that would go for driving as well.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Its legal. I have been pulled over a few times just do not use your female voice if you have one! If you do you may have a problem then. Now it is illegal if your dressing and driving with the purpose to commit a crime.

In good old England it is perfectly legal to dress en femme. In fact as we now have the gender recognition act anybody who registers under this act has the right to be treated as their chosen gender enshrined in law - can even use the ladies loo. If the police now arrested you for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace (as they used to be able to do last year if being dressed in public was likely to cause trouble - though they very rarely did so) would now be breaking the law themselves. I presume this is the case in the rest of the EU as the law came from a EU directive. Can't say what the law is in other parts of the world though. I would guess it varies from country to country or state to state etc with you big countries.

I don't know what the driving laws are in your state but I keep my male license for driving and ID no matter if I'm in guy mode or girl mode. Perhaps you could check the laws in Co.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

1950's housewife
    In California; as I believe is the case in most states it is only illegal to drive crossdressed during the comission of a crime. But of course it is illegal to disguise yourself if you are commiting any crime. Now for that second ID. If you get pulled over for speeding and you show the officer an ID that states you are a female or only has your feminine name then enjoy the ride. Speeding is a crime. Giving an officer an ID that makes it difficult for him or her to assertain your true identity is also a crime. Being dressed to match your ID only helps you to see what the inside of a jail cell looks like. If you get pulled over by the police give them your real ID. They have seen it all and after a bit of harassing you will be on your way with just a ticket. Maybe a warning if you are sexy enough.

Its very illegal to appear in public without any clothes on. I remember when I was growing up that it was illegal to crossdress. A person could very well wind up in psyche ward somewhere. Sometime in the 1970s I believe it was no longer considered a crime when the psychiatic community re-evaluated their descriptions of what was normal and abnormal.

I've been pulled over in Virginia when I've been dressed and nothing was said. I believe I've posted somewhere in the forum about this before, but the officer was polite and professional the entire time and just told me to be more careful. I had cruised very slowly through a stop sign that I didn't see at a Metrorail station.

I looked like this mostly
    I have been pulled over three times, all three times as a female. I spend most of my time as female, so it is not surprising. All three stops were routine checks for seat belts or for drunk driving. Each time let the cop know that I am transgender when I handed them my drivers license. They did not have a problem with me looking different from my license. My gender on my license is still M even after 8 years living as a girl. One of the cops flashed his light at me because he wanted to be sure I was the same person as my ID. The other cops did not even bother to do that. Because I was not at fault of any offense, they let me go with a respectful "have a good evening" or "have a good night".

I believe WA has a similar non-discrimination law as CO, but I do not think it applies to driving specifically.

I do it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by aprilhearn View Post
    Is it illegal to drive all dressed up with your guy drivers license? I mean do you have to have a 2nd drivers license with you being all dressed up in the picture. I don't want a cop to think I'm in disguise if pulled over.
    I hope not. I do it all the time. I feel protected in my car and do not have to interact with anyone. They can see me but not well enough to tell that I am a CD'ser. This was my first steps outside the house . . . and I still like it.

I can't be the only one? or am I?

I was pulled over recently because I had not renewed my drivers licence. When the policeman approached he said "I see that you're not <my male name>." I had to tell him that I wouldn't be so sure of that and handed him my licence. I didn't faze him and he let me go with a warning. The point is it doesn't seem to be illegal to drive while dressed.

Just been out once, at night, last winter, so I wore my girly jeans & flats with my blouse, cardigan & coat instead of a skirt and heels

May I suggest you ladies obtain a Tranny Licence if you're having ID problems

here's mine
    Last edited by Cissy Chiana; 01-05-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Perfectly legal in UK. All the police are interested in is safe driving and that your car is roadworthy, taxed and insured.

I don't recommend flirting with a young cop though - no matter how handsome he is!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.