Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving while dressed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Driving while dressed

Is it illegal to drive all dressed up with your guy drivers license? I mean do you have to have a 2nd drivers license with you being all dressed up in the picture. I don't want a cop to think I'm in disguise if pulled over.

Not really sure about the answer to that but common sense tells me the state wouldn't allow you to have two drivers license. If your really concerned about it, give your local authorities a call and simply ask. If you want to remain unidentifiable use a public phone...do they have those anymore, pay phones?

Nope, although some go to the extent of getting a femme ID just for that purpose.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not in massachusetts

There is nothing illegal about driving while dressed. Just be sure to carry your license with you, and that it's not expired, suspended or rekoked. Driving without a license is an arrestable offense.

Make that revoked.

Recovering Shopaholic LaurenInDC's Avatar
    April,

Most states do have laws prohibiting wearing a "disguise" in public, but the legal standard that needs to be met is that it must be used for the purpose of hiding one's identity while committing a seperate criminal offense. Crossdressing does NOT fit within that category, and the subject of crossdressers and transgendered folk is covered in most types of state-mandated awareness training.

If, for whatever reason you get stopped, simply tell the officer that you are a crossdresser if asked. YOu might get a snide comment, but most likely you'll get your ticket, etc, and be told to have a safe day/night/afternoon, etc.

The one and only time I had an interraction with the police while dressed, they simply took my license, verified the info (the officer asked if it was my license, and I replied that it sure was) and I was left to complete my ATM transaction.

In short, you'll most likely not get any static unless you're doing something against the law.

Hope this helps!

Lauren

It's not a problem. I've been stopped for speeding and nothing was said about my photo.

Quote Originally Posted by diane51 View Post
    Not really sure about the answer to that but common sense tells me the state wouldn't allow you to have two drivers license. If your really concerned about it, give your local authorities a call and simply ask. If you want to remain unidentifiable use a public phone...do they have those anymore, pay phones?
    It is not illegal in my state. I haven't been stopped many times under any circumstances, but the last time that it happened (because of a burned-out tail-light), I was dressed en femme and the officer didn't even blink. I showed my license, he noted the information and told me about the tail-light, and that was that.
    Check with local authorities. They'll tell you.
    warmly, Linnea

In New York it's illegal to carry two driver's licenses. When you receive a new license you're obligated under law to destroy the older one.

It's not a crime in New York to drive enfemme, but some (usually bigoted) police officers might give you a hard time, especially if you don't look like a feminine version of your masculine picture. For instance, if you are totally unrecognizable they may ask to see *your* license, but calmly (and possibly in your regular voice) say that it is your license. You might get a couple awkward looks, but most people won't say boo. This also goes for using your ID to purchase alcohol.

Banned Read only
    Like the other poster said, it's only illegal in some states if you do it with criminal intent, or in the commission of a crime. I've been stopped a couple times with no problems. Just stop and be polite. DO NOT panic and try to get away!!!!!

I cannot see where it would be illegal unless you were committing a crime. Bad amkeup is not a crime. LOL
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

A disguise? I don't consider going out enfemme as a disguise! That's when your dressed as mini-mouse or Hillary Clinton! Lol. Your still you no matter what clothing you wear..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    good advice to check with your local police. as the other posters said, you should have a criminal intent in mind to be arrested.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Its legal. I have been pulled over a few times just do not use your female voice if you have one! If you do you may have a problem then. Now it is illegal if your dressing and driving with the purpose to commit a crime.

I don't think so I do it in warmer weather no makeup but fully dressed.
    Angie

Silver Member
    As far as I know it is not illegal to drive while dressed as member of the opposite sex in the USA. You can wear whatever kind of clothes you want as long as you possess a valid drivers license in your name.

I don't think it is illegal, at least I hope not - JoAnne has driven across many states
    JoAnne Wheeler

Aspiring Member
    I hope not in England as I have been out driving while fully dressed a few times.
    I must admit the thought of having a break down or a flat tyre while in my stockings and heels is always a turn on

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I haven't driven en femme yet, but then I've only been out once so far and that was just down the road so I walked. I will try it sometime this year when going to meet my new friends and therapy visits.
    living the dream

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    Hi,

Didn't cause me any problem in Ohio when i was stopped at a sobriety check point.

Bad makeup is not a crime.
    Praise the Lord for THIS...

i look more like a woman on my driver's license than i do in person.
    WOW! based on your avatar, you must look better than most GGs cause your avatar sure is convincing...

i made an ID card that basically has my femme picture on it with my girly name. it then says AKA D.......... .....l with my correct address. i carry it with my license when im out just in case theres any issues...

of course i made it pink with a rainbow pyramid so there should be NO reason to receive grief. i laminated it at a local office supply store where customers can run the laminator on their own...

Some of our friends here in Detroit, cross the border to Windsor, Canada. As long as customs is certain of your real I.D. they don't get concerned with the costume. Sober is the main thing. The check points are not used often in Michigan, but DUI would be a real bummer. Cops seem to develope the sixth sense. As one who is required to maintain a Commerical License, two is a BIG federal offense.

I looked thru state laws and don't see any thing for Colorado. I know there is a non-discrimination law in Colorado not sure if that would go for driving as well.

In good old England it is perfectly legal to dress en femme. In fact as we now have the gender recognition act anybody who registers under this act has the right to be treated as their chosen gender enshrined in law - can even use the ladies loo. If the police now arrested you for behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace (as they used to be able to do last year if being dressed in public was likely to cause trouble - though they very rarely did so) would now be breaking the law themselves. I presume this is the case in the rest of the EU as the law came from a EU directive. Can't say what the law is in other parts of the world though. I would guess it varies from country to country or state to state etc with you big countries.

I don't know what the driving laws are in your state but I keep my male license for driving and ID no matter if I'm in guy mode or girl mode. Perhaps you could check the laws in Co.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land