Thread: A Different Girl Roadtested

A Different Girl Roadtested

I was able to put together a short little outing yesterday afternoon-into-evening which gave me a chance to roadtest a couple new things that can be consdered dramatic changes to any woman's presentation, hairstyle/color and chest size.

First of all, the outfit: Jeans from White House/Black Market. I'm all about embroidery and jewels on my jeans and these are pretty much the least flashy pair I own. They have a subtle embroidered rose in complimentary denim tones on the upper right thigh which is adorned with several small diamond-esque stones. As for the top, I went with a lightweight-clingy-long sleeved-multi colored-funky patterned number which also has a bejeweled heart with wings & a halo across the chest (because I'm an angel ). My casual looks tend to have a bit of flash and this one is no exception.

The destination: Countessa's Closet simply to visit her (haven't seen her in what seems like six months or more) but with plan B in place to hit a mall in case she didn't answer the phone (her store keeps flighty hours) as I didn't want to drive all the way to Studio City to find she wasn't there. And plan B it ended up being.

Rather than get into a complete travellogue about my trip, I'll simply say this was one of the most successful outings I've had in terms of blending in with the masses. I didn't even notice the "rubbernecks" like I've come to expect. And that is a good thing!

So my points...about the hairstyle, as I've posted elsewhere, I have recently gone from having short blonde hair to a long brunette style. What I'm having trouble getting used to is the hair flying about the sides of my face. I had less problem with my hair getting into my mouth as I did the first time I took this look out but I still felt like I was constantly playing with the sides, trying to put it over the ear or just moving it out of the way. It always felt messy but when I would steal a glance of myself in a mirror, it looked fine. I guess this is just something to get used to but I think I'll enter the brave new world (to me) of hair clips and scrunchies!!!

About chest size, I've also posted elsewhere that I was thinking of moving up to a d-cup from my current b/c size. I roadtested the d's yesterday and I'm not so convinced this is for me. I'm all about blending and I felt like my chest became a prominent part of my presentation rather than simply a subtle and necessary part of my overall feminine presentation. Then again, if my chest could pull attention away from my imperfections, that could be a good thing! I'm thinking of trying this look at least once more, the next time I see my SD friend. She is brutally honest and wouldn't tell me something works well if it wasn't true. I often tease her by saying she won't let me 'dumb us down' when we go out. I know she'll be 100% truthful. Either way, I think at the end of the day I have perhaps a little more insight about the allure of having a larger chest has for many gg's.

A couple other musings...

• A nice comment - While in Nordstroms, I passed by this woman who was sitting at the MAC counter. I caught her eye and if she was sizing me up, she didn't really let it show. But as I passed by her, I heard her say "that is one beautiful top". I promptly turned around and thanked her for making such a sweet comment.
    • Peace - My last stop was Target for a few household necessities. My blendability there gave me such peace, a feeling that simply delights whenever it happens. I didn't feel tg, I felt like any other woman out there going about her business.
    • Service - Has anyone noticed stores are staffing less on their sales floors? I've come to expect this at Macy's but Nordstrom was surprisingly thin when it came to SA's being available.
    • Hey, that's my shoe!!! - I had slipped off my flat (see below, although mine is all black) to try on a shoe from the Macy's clearance rack. I stepped away to the mirror to return finding my flat in the hands of another woman. Seems she thought it was for sale!

So that was pretty much it. I just wanted a chance to share mostly about the changes in my presentation, for better or worse, the jury is still out in some respects (but I am really liking the hair!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 01-03-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

God, I love your story - you are a real inspiration - I know you had a wonderful experience

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Happy SO of GG Pearls

Such fun !

Sara,... you're having entirely too much fun ! LOL

I assume there will be pictures ?! (please) . I'm sorry your contact wasn't there, but it sounds like you made the best of it anyway.

Thanks for the inspiration, causes one to dream ... jina
    "Beauty is not Exclusive"

Silver Member
    Nice story Sara! I know what you mean about the hair getting in your face. I have that problem too and am always brushing it aside. I would not be comfortable wearing d cup breast forms. I have a slim build and like the look of b cups on me. Maybe your frame size is large enough to pull off this look but on me it would only draw attention to myself. Going out dressed is so much fun and I wish I had done it years sooner than I did.

Sara, sounds like you had a very nice day. There's nothing like a true test to see if a new look works, and it looks like yours worked very well. So where are the pics? Can't wait to see some. Hope you have many more positive adventures.
    Striving for acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by jina View Post
    Sara,... you're having entirely too much fun ! LOL

I assume there will be pictures ?! (please) . I'm sorry your contact wasn't there, but it sounds like you made the best of it anyway.

Thanks for the inspiration, causes one to dream ... jina
    Thanks so much for the sweet comments Jina. Yes, it was a fun little outing but I don't fly solo very often. I have learned that outings are infinintely more rewarding when they can be shared with friends. It just so happens I had no one to go out with this time so I simply made the best of it.

And I apologize, I didn't take a camera on this little adventure. Not sure who could have taken a picture anyway given that I didn't expect that Countessa would be around.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    Nice story Sara! I know what you mean about the hair getting in your face. I have that problem too and am always brushing it aside. I would not be comfortable wearing d cup breast forms. I have a slim build and like the look of b cups on me. Maybe your frame size is large enough to pull off this look but on me it would only draw attention to myself. Going out dressed is so much fun and I wish I had done it years sooner than I did.
    I think that is the conclusion I came to, that my frame and "d's" just don't get along without drawing attention to myself, or so that's how I felt. I'm pretty sure I can be a happy girl continuing with my little b's!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sara,

I just had a "mixing with the masses" experience very similar to yours earlier this week. I took a solo trip to the consignment shop (see thread "Went to the Pink Poodle" under Clothing and Accessories) and then to several stores in the mall and to a movie. I swear that nobody paid me any attention anywhere I went (even the Ladies Room!!). There always seem to be people who look at me for just that second or two (or more) longer than they do with anyone else. I'm sure you know the experience, right? Well, this time no one did that. Women, men, teens, kids.....No one! Could it be that they couldn't tell I was a guy?? Well, maybe. But, you know, I was feeling great (and looking great!!) that day and maybe my self-confidence showed and made the difference. Anyway it was a great day and I had loads of fun!! It is worth the effort to look good AND normal!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

can you zip me up please? Petra Bellejambes's Avatar

Neat day, and yes Nordstroms is light on the sales floor these days

2 recent trips and I have had to seek out help which has never been the case before. So sad that so many shops (and people) are so hurting.

Terrific shopping day, and O your moment of peace in a Target ... you cannot buy that with money.

Really happy for / envious of you... cheers - P
    Blogging like a woman possessed at Voyages en Rose.
    Happy dressing, and happy everything else! Petra

I am glad you had such a positive experience Sara. I like shoulder-length hair but on some wigs hair strands always seem to get in the way. I started with C+ breast form size, but quickly realized that a modest B was big enough for my frame. Sometimes less is better...

I aspire to what you have achieved Sara.

It makes me happy to know that while I will never be able to go out and blend in, that others can.

a quick update...

There were a couple inquiries about pictures from this outing. I wore the same outfit a couple weeks later (yes, I washed everything first!!!) but this time with heels and I took a few pictures, see...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=98728

And surprisingly, my "brutally honest" friend Kim told me on Saturday the larger chest size works for me really well. Hmmmm, maybe I was just being self conscious before. Jury is still out, I will likely just experiment with the different sizes for now to see what I feel most comfortable with.

I love it!!! And I've never thought of it in that manner before.. Kind of like test driving a new car!! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-19-2009 at 09:25 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos