Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If she knew, how accepting/supporting was your mother?

Banned Read only

If she knew, how accepting/supporting was your mother?

Mother found a skirt of mine in my bedroom, during my teens and sympathetically approached me, promising to tell nobody and offering support......I denied it and nothing has been mentioned since.

Banned Read only
    My mother caught me a few times between the ages of 4 and 16, but it was always me who didn't want to talk about it, and my mother respected that. Later on in life we discussed it in more detail, and while she doesn't really understand (do any of us?), she has no problem with it... Except she told me outright that she would prefer not to see me in drag.

I told my mom when my divorce was pending; my ex had threatened to out me, and I knew my family and friends were the targets, so I launched a pre-emtive strike so to speak, because I'd rather the information come from me. Didn't work out well though. Mom pretends I never told her as much as she can. When I was over the house for the holidays, I picked up a dress catalog, and got a 'are you still doing that?' response, with the tone of disgust obvious. My sister is pretty much the same way. Back to 'don't ask, don't tell' for me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My Mom caught me several times when I was young. She outed me to the entire family. My brother still calls me Rachael.

Banned Read only
    My mum found my stash when I was 14 or so, and threw it all away when I was off at school. Maybe she hoped to nip it in the bud, but -- Epic Fail! She never said anything about it, but I've never felt like I could trust her with anything since. So, we've never talked about it.

They tell parents to be nosy with their teenagers, but in too many cases, it's not worth the loss of trust.

I had a pair of four inch heels on the only time my mother has seen me dressed. She just said "don't break an ankle in those".

Surely my mother picked up on my interest in her clothes and crossdessing at a young age. she was early school 'open minded' and saw nothing wrong with putting on her underwear-rubber girdles back in the early 50's, stockings,etc while I sat on a stool visiting with her. I am not sure this piqued my interest. My big sister-who always was smarter, better behaved, the favorite-I sneaked her pink nylon briefs that she never wore-preferred her dull Lollypop cotton briefs- and put them on. I don't know if there was anything more than mental pleasure.
    Later-when about 14-I borrowed my mothers black slip,etc and was so embarassed when she asked for them-clearly I had borrowed them-and she wondered if this was for a masquerade of some sort. She was kind about it. We never discussed my transvestism at any point-maybe more of the don't ask, don't tell.
    helen

Accept for one instance where my clothing got left behind on a trip, and I had to wear my cousins (girl) stuff, Mom never saw me in girls cloths.

She never said a thing to me about dressing up in any way shape or form, never hinted at it.

BUT, there is NO way she did not know, she was a clean freak, and I know on several occations she saw, and straightened up my stash.

She is no longer with us, so I have no idea what she knew, or thought, just another one of my regrets.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Mother found a skirt of mine in my bedroom, during my teens and sympathetically approached me, promising to tell nobody and offering support......I denied it and nothing has been mentioned since.
    Why did you deny it?

Banned Read only
    I guess through embarrassment, plus had I admitted it, there would have been no goung back.

My Mother knew of me dressing in my sisters clothes and didnt say anything then when I was around 12 I was told in no uncertain terms by Both Mother and Father I must stop and act as a man (whatever that means). Even today she will make little remarks how wrong it is for men to do this. I guess that is her way of making sure I never reveal the real me.

I have told this story many a time but?, my mother caught me at 14 all dressed up in her cloths. She was more mad over me wearing her good dress and of course I was told I was to young to be wearing heels.
    Take off my dress now and the shoes, I was given a plain white blouse and a simple blue skirt and told to put these on. Oh gosh I was crying and all that stuff but mother never backed down.
    Anyway a long story short I was made to wear those cloths all weekend and of course we had the big long talk about why. So anyway that was the start of Carol back in 1955 and I have dressed every since.

My mother found my 'stash' a few times and asked about it, but I lied my way out of it ("My sister must have put those clothes there")

Once, a slip of mine mistakenly got mixed in with my other laundry when I brought it all downstairs. When the clean folded laundry came back to me, the slip was in the pile neatly folded along with the other clothes.

All of my siblings knew that my mom would poke through their rooms when we were off to school. Nothing we had was every much of a secret from her (my sister could never hide so much as a pack of cigarrettes without my mom finding them) so I'm sure my multiple and large stashes were not as secret as I told myself they were.

Finally, just a few years ago, the topic of conversation somehow turned to men and dresses. My mom's contribution was that she didn't understand why men couldn't wear dresses anyway. I almost opened up to her right there but thought better of it.

I would have liked to have done so, but she's at an age now where she doesn't really think things through, and passes on everything she hears. I've heard 'secrets' from her that I'm sure the teller wouldn't have wanted her to pass on. So if I'd come out to her, it would soon be public knowledge and I'm not ready for that.

But right now, I know she knows. And she knows I know she knows...

I think my mom would have been cool with me dressing as a kid, but my father would never have allowed it. He was always pushing me toward 'manly' things and would have blown a gasket if he'd known about my hobby. In fact, he DID find my stash once just before I moved out of the house, but that is a story for another post.
    Last edited by Cristi; 01-04-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Content and Happy
    My mother always knew I was different. When I would help her around the house, she would give me one of her old blouses to work in. And my grandma bought me my first bottle of Nair.
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

I always felt I should have told mum that I was different especially after we became much closer when dad passed away. However I never told her and she passed away a coupe of years ago. I have a sneaky suspicion that she might have know as it was her clothes I borrowed from the age of about 6. I
    Adele. xxx

No one ever caught me until I was married.
    JoAnne Wheeler

I had two "mothers" so, my story is a bit of both...

One of them was not supportive at all and immediately chalked it up to the fact that I was "mentally disturbed" and needed a psychiatrist. (never said anything to the shrink so she was wasting money there). (This was actually my second cousin who raised me for 10 years, and it was her and her daughter's clothing I was wearing from age 6 - 16)

The second, my actual step mother, it was her clothing I wore along with my sisters from 16 - 171/2 and at that point I came out to her she was quite supportive and gave me permission to wear her clothing, and even took me shopping for my own under garments and lingerie items. Now, my wife and her as well as my daughter all buy Kandis presents

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

My mom is very supportive, She's gone numerous time out with me.And has help with alot of my alterations on clothing.I couldn't ask for a better freind

Not at all.
    Completely < supportive.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Although she never saw me dressed my mom knew I was wearing her things when she wasn't around. She confronted me several times and got my dad involved. Of course the usual questions were asked: "are you gay?" (that term wasn't in vogue yet; the word used began with the letter Q), "do you want to be a girl?" Neither of my parents were at all supportive, but after the initial shock they didn't seem to be particularly dead set against it, either. I guess they still loved me in spite of my prediliction. Of course this was long before I starting going out while dressed. I'm sure that would have met with a good deal of disapproval had I tried it while still living at home. I think my mom suspects I still dress; she drops little hints at times. I guess she has good reason. I'm middle aged and still unmarried, one of her concerns about me. I've thought of opening up to her but I don't want to burden her with a secret to be kept from my sister and BIL who would most certainly not understand or approve.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Both my mum and stepmother know. It was my stepmum who came to knowledge of it first after finding half of my stash underneath my bed in the middle of the week. She went and told my father and on saturday night when I was around to stay on the the weekend they sat me down and asked me what it was all doing there. After about five minutes or so or immense tensing of my muscles and thinking of what to say I eventually came out and explained how I had shoplifted all of my lady garments and that I was a crossdresser. They then told my mother when she came around to pick me up. I was thirteen at the time.
    Last edited by satin_luva; 01-05-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Mt mum caught me many times from the age of 5-9 wearing or trying on her pantyhose. My parents would tease me.... I guess in t he hope of making me stop but I was never chastised over being caught. In later years my mother would often loan me pantyhose to wear with dress up outfits; Superman and Batman etc... and on one occasion when I was in my early 20's loaned me a pair of very sheer black pantyhose to wear to work as the heating in the offices had broken.

She never knew I full dressed or the extent of my dressing and sadly passed away 7 years ago at the very young age of 54. I am not sure if my dad knows but there are many signs and he is pretty switched on. I think he chooses not to deal with it or think about it? I don't think I would ever confide in my dad as he has very staunch opinions on sexuality and what others may consider not normal.... although in later life he is mellowing considerably.

I have often wondered if tables were turned would I confide in my mum and like to think I could and would.

X

My mother wasn't supportive. I've posted in other threads how she would have rather it turned out that I was on drugs or doing something else, but CROSSDRESSING!! OH THE HORROR!!

I was told that I was sick, perverted, and needed help and that any of my friends or people I know that were accepting of it all all that there's something horribly wrong with them too.

Smile I helped mom with her back garters

I remember being in the bedroom watching my mother slip her stockings on and garter them.i enjoyed watching her dress and she had no problem with my curiosity.as she had arthritus in her fingers,i learned to do her back garters. I remember asking her what stockings felt like and she said that when she had a couple with runs i could try them on.and, on those "sick" days that she had me stay home from school,i learned a lot from her. She was always open minded and didn't share our thing with my father or sister. So, i sure can count myself as having a great mom and i miss her when i think of how open minded she was.

So does anyone know exactly why men can't wear skirts? I missed that memo.